Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid has loads of the right stuff. Even when his father was sick and eventually passed on he put his head down and arse up which is a massive feat at such a young age. We lose nothing signing him up on a big fat contract. Take it to the bank.

I agree. Put six years in front of him and say you're the man.

Geelong v North Melbourne

10 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
7 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
2 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

Kid has loads of the right stuff. Even when his father was sick and eventually passed on he put his head down and arse up which is a massive feat at such a young age. We lose nothing signing him up on a big fat contract. Take it to the bank.
And throw in the captaincy.

Geelong v North Melbourne

10 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
7 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
2 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
It truly is not often a player polls coaches votes in a 100+ point loss

I don't reckon we have had a player like him in the last 20 odd years. Strong, explosive and can go inside and out.

His trajectory over his first 5 years is brilliant, which is very rare that we can say that about any of our players as development is a core issue.

Clearly our best mid at the moment, and will break away again from that pack again in 2023.

The comparison to Petracca stats wise is evident, he just needs to hit the scoreboard a bit more to complete his game.

Absolute shame on those who questioned his clearly evident ability.

And * Noble for playing him on the HFF for extended periods of games.
I don't think many people doubt his ability. But again he played a dynamite first quarter (sensational) and then just over doubled his stats in the next three. Again could not maintain his levels. And frustrated the hell out of me slipping over - was he playing in Dunlop Volleys? Now before you all come for me my criticism is he rarely plays out 4 quarters. Been at NMFC long enough to have developed a tank. Skills? General quality? As good as we have. But will not be an A lister in my mind till he can run out 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think many people doubt his ability. But again he played a dynamite first quarter (sensational) and then just over doubled his stats in the next three. Again could not maintain his levels. And frustrated the hell out of me slipping over - was he playing in Dunlop Volleys? Now before you all come for me my criticism is he rarely plays out 4 quarters. Been at NMFC long enough to have developed a tank. Skills? General quality? As good as we have. But will not be an A lister in my mind till he can run out 4 quarters.
Absolutely no one in the game will play four quarters gaining 15 disposals a quarter.

He had 21 disposals after QT. He played a full game.

He’s an absolute gun and our best mid.

Absolutely no one in the game will play four quarters gaining 15 disposals a quarter.

Yep - true. But I want to see a game with 30 plus possessions with 7 or 8 each quarter. LDU's consistency is his weakness. His quality, skills is not questioned. His ability to play four quarters is questioned.

Yep - true. But I want to see a game with 30 plus possessions with 7 or 8 each quarter. LDU's consistency is his weakness. His quality, skills is not questioned. His ability to play four quarters is questioned.
With all due respect mate, isn't 14 disposals in the first quarter and 21 thereafter bang on 7 disposals for each of quarters 2, 3 and 4, and double that for quarter 1?

In fact he did actually have 7, 7 and 7 in the last 3/4.

You're not likely to see that often until other blokes are fulfilling their end of the bargain too. Just be happy we're at the stage where we're seeing more than just glimpses from LDU :)

Scott's used Blicavs to hard tag him at stoppages after HT too.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With all due respect mate, isn't 14 disposals in the first quarter and 21 thereafter bang on 7 disposals for each of quarters 2, 3 and 4, and double that for quarter 1?

In fact he did actually have 7, 7 and 7 in the last 3/4.

Yep, LDU was our 2nd best on the weekend in terms of "time between possessions" (min 15 possessions). He averaged 151 seconds between his 35 possessions, only bettered by Stephenson's 131 seconds.

1656938804968.png

Last edited:
You aren't going to see a 30 possession game if he gets seven each quarter. And what TMB said.

Just relax. Until this year he'd got 30 possessions once. In round 21 last year - 38 possessions. He's done it twice in the last three games. He's just turned 23. Watch the way us climbing up the ladder correlates to him averaging close to 30 possessions a game and regularly getting 35+.

Yep, LDU was our 3rd best on the weekend in terms of "time between possessions". He averaged 208 seconds between his 35 possessions, only bettered by Simpkin (204 sec avg) and Taylor (177 sec avg). He also had double the possessions of Taylor, which is something to consider.

View attachment 1439779
how does this even work? LDU had 88% ToG and Greenwood had 82% with less than half the possesions, yet he has the same average time between possessions as LDU? that doesn't make sense.

how does this even work? LDU had 88% ToG and Greenwood had 82% with less than half the possesions, yet he has the same average time between possessions as LDU? that doesn't make sense.

Because I accidentally left the halftime break in, which was skewing the numbers greatly :$ (corrected now)

LDU was our 2nd best, not 3rd like previously posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back