Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed he's up to 2nd in the HS player of the year award.

Also likely to move up the AFLCA POTY tonight.

Could he win the brownlow in a team that is unlikely to make finals? I'd say Watson most likely but who knows.

Bump. Said at the start of the year that Cotch will win a Brownlow one day. I'm more convinced than ever. He and Jobe Watson are IMHO already the clear best 2 players in the AFL.

The one on one with Faritto in the third quarter, on the boundary in front of the Southern Stand was amazing. Refused to let the ball go out, then shrugged him off and took off. Awesome to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one on one with Faritto in the third quarter, on the boundary in front of the Southern Stand was amazing. Refused to let the ball go out, then shrugged him off and took off. Awesome to watch.
One on one marking contest with Anthony in the last, just jumped early and marked strong. Then ran away from him like he didn't exist.

Take Cotchin out of our side and how poorly would we all be travelling...

Seriously the kids a gun...an inspirational leader...

He epitomizes what it means to lead by example and never ever give up on the contest...

First quarter or the last he simply refuses to give up hunting and making that ball his sole objective...

I am simply awestruck at his football prowess...so young and so good...the Footy Gods truly blessed you Cotchin...

We at Tigerland are blessed with his acquistion....years to come many of us will say...

I saw Cotchin play....

The time will come when he will win the Brownlow Medal, the Norm Smith Medal and be a Premiership Captain... all in the one season.

AND the Jack Dyer Medal too :rolleyes:

If he can expand his 1st quarter efforts into 4 quarters...

It'll be raining premierships at Punt Road.
IMO it's a real worry that both he & Dusty played blinders in the first quarter yet we still only led a heavily depleted 11th placed side by solitary kick. Underlined to me just how much our lesser players drag us down.

Take Cotchin out of our side and how poorly would we all be travelling...

Seriously the kids a gun...an inspirational leader...

He epitomizes what it means to lead by example and never ever give up on the contest...

First quarter or the last he simply refuses to give up hunting and making that ball his sole objective...

I am simply awestruck at his football prowess...so young and so good...the Footy Gods truly blessed you Cotchin...

We at Tigerland are blessed with his acquistion....years to come many of us will say...

I saw Cotchin play....

anybody remember when cotchin got suspended for like 4 weeks or something with a hit on some north player?
just saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back