A-League Grand Final: Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

So how bad is Tin Billy's then? I only ask because I'm staying there along with a heap of other Glory fans. We're spread over a few hotels.

Our away block is sold out, just a few left in the little one next to it. Over 45,000 now sold for the game...wasn't expecting to go near capacity this time around so well done Brisbane. I have a Glory poster in my office and the week is dragging with Steve McGarry staring at me like Lord Kitchener from one of those WW1 "I want you" posters.

Can you grow a scruffy beard by Sunday to fool them? ;)

My brother's just turned 17 and can get a good one going in a couple of days. Pity its tinged with ginger though.

Haha I wish I could grow a beard. Never shaved in my life.

Should be a cracker of a game, just hope there's no nasty tackles and send offs, they (red cards) kill these games.

Hoping Perth get up, just because Roar fans will think they're team are the 'best in the world' if they won this Sunday.

So how bad is Tin Billy's then? I only ask because I'm staying there along with a heap of other Glory fans. We're spread over a few hotels.

it isn't 'terrible', it's just a dingy backpacker bar really. the only reason i speak negatively of it is because there are better backpacker and/or football bars around the city, but its only a 5 minute walk from the ground so its convenient enough.

it isn't 'terrible', it's just a dingy backpacker bar really. the only reason i speak negatively of it is because there are better backpacker and/or football bars around the city, but its only a 5 minute walk from the ground so its convenient enough.

I think the point is for everyone to march from there to the ground, a purple haze or whatever they want to call it.

they (red cards) kill these games.

Ross-Aloisi-5394328.jpg

For example.

That game was killed already it was 2-0 and falling to pieces on the pitch for Adelaide. That send off was just one part of the hilarious orchestra of fail that was Adelaide in the 2007 Grand Final.

That game was killed already it was 2-0 and falling to pieces on the pitch for Adelaide. That send off was just one part of the hilarious orchestra of fail that was Adelaide in the 2007 Grand Final.

As long as we don't lose 6-0 or more then at least we won't be the worst team to ever play in a grand final.

What about the other one where Cristiano got that soft red early on?

For splitting open the head of Roddy Vargas with the elbow? I'm sure you wouldn't think it soft if it was your head pouring out blood.

Anyway you still wouldn't have won we had all the play that game as well you just parked the bus to avoid another 6-0. Also you had 25 minutes at 10 men each after Danny Allsopp was sent off in the 65th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they have gigs there for Irish bands that come over for backpackers so they can fit a fair few by the sounds of it. The club inquired about venues and this was where they were pointed to for a place for people to stay/drink/sing. The GSSC stayed there too when they were over earlier in the season (when we were monstered 4-0 or whatever it was) and they said it was good.

Is there a Melbourne-based Glory supporters club that is hosting a viewing at a pub etc. or a general place where Melbourne-based supporters are gathering to watch the game?

Is there a Melbourne-based Glory supporters club that is hosting a viewing at a pub etc. or a general place where Melbourne-based supporters are gathering to watch the game?

There would be but most would be going to Brisbane probably. The Celtic Club is always football friendly.

It's a blow but not that fatal one, he's been well held in the past two matchesand offered nothing. Losing a Miller, Pantelidis or Smeltz would be a blow.

And Howarth has been a beast the last two games off the bench. He is in fine form and will step in.

even if adrezinho was fully fit i would've hoped fergo would start with howarth, ever since he came on against the gold coast united(the crap 0-3 loss) he's always put in a really good shift.

Captain Treadgold better have a beer for me when I rock up to the hostel on Saturday afternoon..

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/13474244/online-plea-jets-glory-fan-to-final/

It was 8am on another cold Brighton Saturday morning when a victorious scream reverberated around the English seaside town.

More than 16,000km from where Perth Glory captain Jacob Burns slotted home a penalty to confirm his team's place in Sunday's A-League grand final, Blayne Treadgold celebrated - waking up his roommates in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Grand Final: Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back