A-League - Round 27: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping for a big crowd Friday night. Perfect weather and Adelaide Oval always attracts more. Hopefully Victory bring the usual fans with them - always a good spectacle and i reckon the leagues greatest rivalry.

Its a weird feeling going into an Adelaide game knowing that our massive streak is over.

Hopefully we win. It'll be interesting to see what happens especially considering both sides finishing position is roughly decided

If Melbourne can somehow win by 2+ and GCU get done by 3+ then its a Melbourne final.

But the club are in talks with the FFA to have it in Melbourne anyway since GCU's attendences are dire.

I would have thought the prospect of finals could potentially drive up the crowds. The FFA wouldn't want to take it away and annoy the fans that are already there.

If there gunna use any reasons, the quality of the pitch is probably the biggest one. Possibly worse than any pitch in the 6 years of the A-League.

I would have thought the prospect of finals could potentially drive up the crowds. The FFA wouldn't want to take it away and annoy the fans that are already there.

If there gunna use any reasons, the quality of the pitch is probably the biggest one. Possibly worse than any pitch in the 6 years of the A-League.
I have to admit its very arrogant of MVFC admin to even try it, but its worth a shot I suppose.

The pitch is pretty, its been for a long time, but its not like they've had normal weather to contend with for the best part of 4 months.

Texts are coming in from boys in Adelaide, decent Melbourne support will be there.

Decent and Melbourne Support are two concepts that have never been linked before in a sentence. Trouble Makers and Victory Fans are concepts that are generally associated with each other.

The worst incidents between Victory and United fans have been Victory fans getting picked off by morons on the way back from Hindmarsh to the City.

Being a former Adelaide resident (West Adelaide fan in the NSL), and still having an affinity with that city, I have no grudge against Adelaide United and can present an unbiased view about the two club's supporters.

And here it is - Your comment is sh*t and ignores some disgraceful behaviour by your own fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst incidents between Victory and United fans have been Victory fans getting picked off by morons on the way back from Hindmarsh to the City.

Being a former Adelaide resident (West Adelaide fan in the NSL), and still having an affinity with that city, I have no grudge against Adelaide United and can present an unbiased view about the two club's supporters.

And here it is - Your comment is sh*t and ignores some disgraceful behaviour by your own fans.
When are the only times that flares are at Hindmarsh? Victory games.
When is there a large police presence at Hindmarsh? Victory games.
When does the level of tension between rival fans increase at Hindmarsh? Victory games.

Noticing a pattern here?

The Gov is nowhere near Adelaide Oval fyi. :p

hen is there a large police presence at Hindmarsh? Victory games.

It's not as if they act in protecting innocent Victory fans so their presence is rather ****ing pointless then.

Still remember a full can of Coke being launched by someone from basically the scoreboard and hitting a lady in the head flush and the cops doing literally nothing about it. Not even calling the ambo's to help the knocked out woman medically.

It's not as if they act in protecting innocent Victory fans so their presence is rather ****ing pointless then.

Still remember a full can of Coke being launched by someone from basically the scoreboard and hitting a lady in the head flush and the cops doing literally nothing about it. Not even calling the ambo's to help the knocked out woman medically.

So you are saying the police left a knocked out woman on the ground? Bullshit.

Hoping for a big crowd Friday night. Perfect weather and Adelaide Oval always attracts more. Hopefully Victory bring the usual fans with them - always a good spectacle and i reckon the leagues greatest rivalry.

Agreed, I've been to games in both Sydney and Adelaide, and the atmosphere is far more tense in Adl. Wish I was going tonight.

I think the rivalry relating to AFL contributes but there's also a bit of the 'Civil war in '94' (which I never understood) mentality about.

It's also safer after games in Sydney!

If Adl host Victory in the finals, which ground will it be played at?

Well yeah pretty much.

Season 2, 3-1 Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium

Just had to slip that score in there didn't you :D

Shithouse weather here at the moment, plenty of storms around but it's supposed to clear up soon, hoping for a big crowd.

I'd just like to point out the time that Muscat had a bottle thrown at him from the crowd when he was taking a penalty at Hindmarsh, so AU fans aren't perfect (not saying MVFC fans are either).

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League - Round 27: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back