A-League Round 8: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowie01 said:
I didn't actually see that Hoggy (what Bajic did that is - I saw the bloke run out) - what was it?

Over-exaggerated fist pumps, crying motions to the crowds, running to the fence screaming at them.

Apparently he gave the crowd the bird too, but I didn't see that.

kimirocks said:
Sounds like the losers whinge to me. **** You Melbourne.

How's stiil a ****ing Mile in front of everyone else!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kimirocks said:
March champions eh? We'll see where you are at the end, if you finish top, you can be considered our equal, but not until then.

Why would we want to emulate a team that finished on top of the ladder and failed to make the Grand Final?

Congratulations on the win but we're 6 points clear on top of the table and travelling nicely.

sainter said:
Congratulations on the win but we're 6 points clear on top of the table and travelling nicely.

We finished 7 points clear as Premiers last season (were 11 or 12 clear when we sealed the title and took our foot off the gas), it doesn't matter a jot.

What advantage over second-placed Sydney did we have going into the precious 'OmG F1naLz r0XXoR Championship'?

We got to choose whether to play at home or away in the first leg of a 50/50 contest for a home Grand Final. Massive. :thumbsu:

Just one of the things the FFA has to fix quicksmart for the league to have any lasting credibility - "Sydney the benchmark", my arse.

I've said all along that we should have 28 matches and that would eliminate the need for the lottery of finals but most people seem to think that the rest of the teams would lose interest once the champions were known. As there is no relegation the incentive for the bottom teams wouldn't be great either. That does make sense. The other argument was that we were in Australia and therefore we must have a Grand Final. That one I don't quite agree with.

As this is the system we have I agree that the top placed team doesn't get much of an advantage. From what I remember of the NSL they at least used to have the major and mini semi-finals that gave the top two teams the chance to progress straight to the Grand Fina. Unfortunately that means it's Sydney FC that we need to emulate if we are to become A-League Champions.

roostersgal4eva said:
it only holds 15 0000

knobhead

Well you have only reached that figure once this year....so I dont think it would make a difference if Hindmarsh held 50k.

Well will see how many we bring over to Hindmarsh on 2nd December, I know i'll be there.

Rory said:
The ball went under Kosminas chair. He bent over to grab it and Muscat came charging in :rolleyes:

This could have been avoided is the FFA didnt provide $10 outdoor chairs on a piece of slippery plastic as its technical area. That's the problem. The contact was minor but the slippery plastic surface combined with the light weight chair was the primary reason Kosmina went flying.

Buy some decent equipment FFS

Great game of football, we dominated for large chunks of the second half, but as usual a goal on the break at the end is enough to beat us nothing new there against Adelaide not alot learnt in 18 months........So well played Adelaide....As for the Kosima/Muscat incident both parties are in the wrong, but Kosmina's claim that he was "assalted" by Muscat is laughable....Bring on the Scum Saturday night........:)

kimirocks said:
Sounds like the losers whinge to me. **** You Melbourne.

Sounds like someone who isn't aware of the FIFA Fairplay.

Paralowiepower said:
Btw let's see you get as many away supporters at Hindmarsh as United had today. ;)

Out of interest, how many did you actually have there?

Paralowiepower said:
But still good enough to beat your *hite :thumbsu:

If hacking down players constitute being good enough to play than you're right.

sainter said:
I've said all along that we should have 28 matches and that would eliminate the need for the lottery of finals but most people seem to think that the rest of the teams would lose interest once the champions were known. As there is no relegation the incentive for the bottom teams wouldn't be great either. That does make sense. The other argument was that we were in Australia and therefore we must have a Grand Final. That one I don't quite agree with.

I think the idea was to pump the game into a market that's not all that familar with football, you needed to have something to hold the attention of the fans for the whole season. Therefore, by providing a play off system for a league with only 8 teams means that those who were no chance of making finals by the later part of the year probably would have had their support dropped off already and the aim is to keep as many people coming through the gates as possible. Of course in hindsight we see that crowds are not an issue.

sainter said:
Unfortunately that means it's Sydney FC that we need to emulate if we are to become A-League Champions.

Nothing unfortunate about it. I don't mind "emulating" SFC if it means that come Feb, we are the league champions!

Disappointing result, but hardly unexpected. Credit to Adelaide for their organisation and willingness to put their bodies in.

It was an extremely hard game and a couple of players were lucky to say on the pitch, but it's great to see the rivalry lifed another notch.

As for the Kosmina-Muscat incident, reckon it was great - got the crowd fired up and bit more publicity for the game. Hopefully the FFA is sensible in their sanctions.

Rory said:
The ball went under Kosminas chair. He bent over to grab it and Muscat came charging in :rolleyes:

0527542800.gif

Is that a buldge in the back of Kosi's pants or is he just happy to see Muzzy.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Round 8: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

Back