A message to North to hang in there

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had enough of these moments (this season alone) to not want to go through it again. We've got to remember these moments, remember how much it ****ing hurts, and use it to never have to go through the pain again. Use to put games beyond doubt, so we don't find ourselves in this position again. Use it to fight until the very end.

If we can harness it, and direct our hurt the right way, we'll go far with this group of players.

We've had enough of these moments (this season alone) to not want to go through it again. We've got to remember these moments, remember how much it ******* hurts, and use it to never have to go through the pain again. Use to put games beyond doubt, so we don't find ourselves in this position again. Use it to fight until the very end.

If we can harness it, and direct our hurt the right way, we'll go far with this group of players.
It's all part of the process. It would've been nice to have an Adrian McAdam tonight, but we don't, but we do have the makings of whats going to be a top side and all these little setbacks will make us better.

This season is a character building year for this team. The public & media are now taking north Melbourne seriously, as our style of footy is comparable with the big boys.

its now a massive opportunity for the boys to realize this, and focus on the areas that we can control & improve on. This list CAN be successful, they just need to believe in their talent, and work their arses off on the areas of their game that let them down.
At 3-5, I'm more excited about North Melbourne than I have been for 10 years.

Great thread with with a positive look to the near future.
Success is so close.
Thanks to all posters.
Thanks also to the negative.whinging crew who so far have left the thread alone.
You know who you are,

Hoping guys like Macdonald can come straight in a couple of seasons and make an impact like a Viney and Wines have to make us formidable. Also need more from Mackenzie. Don't doubt how crucial drafting will be again end of this year.

I sometimes wonder if this period will, in time, make us an even more formidable team than we would otherwise have been. I wonder if, when things DO click for us, the memory of this period will compel our players to absolutely bury opposition teams.

I hope this period so sickens the hearts of our players and coaching staff and so sticks in their memory that we determine to become an absolutely ruthless side.

THIS. I'm so angry and devastated at the same time, it's hard to put into words. Thanks, QR, you did it.

We are going places, it's obvious. So many positives from last night. The result was cruel, but as our wonderful coach said, it will be character building.

I really feel your pain guys, you were clearly the better team out there but some things just didn't go your way. The Kangas have played some damn impressive football this season, reckon they're about the 6th best team in the comp actually. Should end up around that mark this year IMO.

PS Black looks a player, smooth
Thanks mate.

Bad luck guys, keep your heads up.

You've been very stiff this year and deserve better. It can be a cruel game sometimes.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Thanks mate, we need to finish off teams in that situation especially against duck coke you know they are a 4 goal start over there with the umps. Just need more composure when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping guys like Macdonald can come straight in a couple of seasons and make an impact like a Viney and Wines have to make us formidable. Also need more from Mackenzie. Don't doubt how crucial drafting will be again end of this year.

Agreed. Although the game highlighted the fact that were really need to draft/trade for a super quality winger. Accumulator, fast, endurance and footy smarts.

I'm angry with the fact that what we witnessed last night just makes watching the footy so unenjoyable when the game is officiated in such a blatantly unfair manner. Losing like that is hard enough but you can take it if you genuinely know that the team that got up did it in a fair and deserving manner. Why does this continue to be tolerated?

On a side note, is it me or is what people say about Petrie true - that he only performs against ordinary defenders? If so, tonight was his big chance as he was up against 2 reasonably good defenders and we were basically dominating proceedings yet he gave us very little. He was reasonably good against Geelong but outside of that I'd argue that he's having a good year.

Agreed. Unfortunately for Drew is he's not that big, classy, kick a miracle goal, type forward. He's a workhorse, tries his guts out, but is rarely ever going to be the player who influences a tight game IMO. *Richmond game last year one time he did though.
I don't wanna bash the bloke, but do we expect too much from Dish? He has taken some fantastic grabs over the last couple of years, but I'd just love to see a clutch goal or moment from him. Then again, he ain't buddy or NicNat, guys who just do that impossible thing at the right moment.
Not blaming drew for the loss at all, guess I use want to see someone "rise" when it's time.

Nice thread nice huddle boys.

Remember our dark time last year after the hawthorn match in tassie? It was far darker than this moment

Many we're genuinely questioning the direction of the club. I think we're all on the same page going on the right direction at the moment despite the frustrating results.

I know the patience is excruciating but nothing worthwhile comes easy. Dig in.

North have courage

Remove this Banner Ad

A message to North to hang in there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back