A question for all you Brisbanites that go to ressie games

Remove this Banner Ad

Maverick

All Australian
May 14, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Being from Melbourne, I rarely get to see some of the younger brigade like Ash McGrath, Richard Hadley etc.

Would be very interested to know your thoughts on who you rate as being the best prospect out of the following (and in what order):

McGrath
Hadley
Hammond
Charman
Maplestone
McLaren
Morrison
Weller

Originally posted by Maverick
Being from Melbourne, I rarely get to see some of the younger brigade like Ash McGrath, Richard Hadley etc.

Would be very interested to know your thoughts on who you rate as being the best prospect out of the following (and in what order):

McGrath
Hadley
Hammond
Charman
Maplestone
McLaren
Morrison
Weller

Well, going on last years ressies form i reckon

1.McGrath
2.Hadley
3.Weller
4.Mapleston
5.Hammond
6.Charman
7.McLaren
8.Morrison

although it was really close between them all...............I hope that helps you out a bit!;)

8.... MORRISON....

WHAT THE?????
AFLQ fullback of the year??????

it is very very hard for me to judge them like thta ... especially in a premiership season like that... & because they all play different positions.....

but i think that one of the total best would have had to have been Richie....
he had 500 odd possessions for the season......that is around the same as what Ben Cousin got.....
i thought for sure that if both Morro & Hammo didnt have injury interruptions that they would have made their debuts....

everyone bags morro... yet... AFLQ fullback of the year..... & he is still with us.... i am soo proud... he was a slacko in junior fotty... but got a good kick in the backside which was just what he needed it seems... i think that has has played well for his time in the wizard cup....

i reckon that they all played very well for their set positions.. & they all really stoodup when they were required to....

spuer did alot of moving of players to get htem ready for any position they would need to play when they did make it to senior footy. & it is now coming through with Jamie... the ruckman who ended up being a crumber for a long while in the ressies.....

& dyl.... who was brought to the club as a CHB.... who ended up playing seniors as a ruckman.....

i can't believe that they havent given poor Mapo a chance.... he played sooo well last year... i was shattered last season... first game at the gabba Vs Morningside when he fell & hurt himself... i was like NOOOOOO....

he held well on his own especially when the others like jamie & dyl went into the seniors.... then... dyl also did the same thing up in Toowoomba when jamie played in seniors the night before......

i can see luke weller being a superstar... he has a good frame...(YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY) a good size for footy. he is another one... CHB... but played alot on the wing.. it took it out of him,,,, but he got used to it... he helped to get the ball out of the centre... the same as what helped the seniors to the flag...... ash & hammo & richie all put in their best which was much superior to the rest of the league.......

i could keep going on forever about my beloved ressies.....

GO THE RESSIES>...

there is a game on
MONDAY NIGHT... 6:30 @ Coorparoo Vs Mayne... but i will confirm that with everyone......

we have been going to play Northern Eagles & the Morningside in the last 2 weeks but that hasnt eventuated..... we may then see our ressies play... with the amonut of players we have.. i can imagine it being a 9-a-side game... LOL

Sorry Keatings Gal for putting Morro in 8th place, but until he proves himself on the field(by playing well in the firsts), he will stay there! I have no doubt that he is a real good guy off the field, but everyone has different opinions and I did say that it was really hard to pick from them all and put them into an order, and we won't know there true potential until they play in the seniors. Some players can be excellent in the ressies and can't take that extra step into the firsts, and I believe that Morro is in that category. I'm just waiting for him to prove me wrong.:rolleyes:

I do agree with you about all the other boys though..........

i am sooo proud of ash's work this pre-season & i knew he could do it

richie i thought played better than ash last season
but now he has to show his twin
that they are going to have to fight heach other for their senior spot!

ONYA ASH
KEEPIT UP!

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for all you Brisbanites that go to ressie games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back