Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me started. I can't recall us having one defensive player who has been consistently good all year.
I'm actually struggling to recall Melican having any poor games. Sure, there've been contests where he's been beaten, but he's been steady and reliable. His 'crime' is getting injured.

I agree, though, that right now our defense is a mess. Lots of players getting to the same spot, all flying up in contest, all spoiling, even when a mark might be possible. Just down on individual and collective confidence and organisation.

To all Collingwood fans whining about the umpiring, Maynard ended a blokes career over a “supposedly” football act. Get a ****ing grip. Never liked Craig McRae with all the luck he’s had in close games during his time as coach. Now he sulks when he doesn’t get any

I'm actually struggling to recall Melican having any poor games. Sure, there've been contests where he's been beaten, but he's been steady and reliable. His 'crime' is getting injured.

I agree, though, that right now our defense is a mess. Lots of players getting to the same spot, all flying up in contest, all spoiling, even when a mark might be possible. Just down on individual and collective confidence and organisation.
Fair call. The Pelican has been consistent this year and we're missing him down back.

lucky for us your not on selection. Melican. has been solid this season, no reason to suggest he doesn't come straight back in based on his body of work

Our defence still looks creaky. The number of balls that got out the back was outrageous.

Yeah Rampe will be better for a run and get Melican back will help.

But yeah bit to work on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKray comments about the 'it should have been a 50' malarky

Collingwood coach Craig McRae has sensationally claimed umpires would've paid a 50m penalty to his side in the final seconds, had the game been played at the MCG tonight.

McRae was asked about a final-minute play which saw Sydney's Tom McCartin overrun the mark following a mark to Dan McStay 65m out from Collingwood's goal.

"I reckon if it was at the MCG it would've been paid. There's definitely a home ground advantage," he told reporters.

"I thought it was a 50m penalty to the letter of the law."

McRae said he expects the AFL to come out and admit to the umpiring errors in the coming days.
Wait. So, you are telling me that Collingwood are actually SHIT if they are given a fair draw away from the MCG? :think:

Who would have thought that playing at home for 60% of your games to date would be an advantage. And that's not counting the games they played at Marvel.

Wait. So, you are telling me that Collingwood are actually SHIT if they are given a fair draw away from the MCG? :think:

Who would have thought that playing at home for 60% of your games to date would be an advantage. And that's not counting the games they played at Marvel.
I would like to have back to back games at the SCG let alone having 8 at your home ground like Collingwood does

Watching the last two minutes alone a lot could have gone wrong but somehow didn’t:

• McCreery free run a stoppage, great tackle Warner
  • Few plays later, Parker letting Jaicos run through the stoppage unchecked
  • The McStay non 50
  • In the next marking contest, Cunningham manhandles Pendlebury - have seen them paid
  • Boundary throw in deep in our D50. Not sure why Grundy was so far away but he fails to nominate. Cox could take the ball from ruck, could tap to a Pie uncontested, instead hits it to Blakey
  • Blakey under great closing pressure from McCreery scrambles a kick away. Moore slips a little costing him a chance to mark 40m out
the josh daicos one is a bit harsh although probably his fault as well. he was sending one player away from teh stoppage into defence. as a result he left daicos who was boundary side to cover maynard in the corridor. interesting choice - im not sure you'd say maynard is a more dangerous player in that situation but they left daicos absolutely free from the stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back