Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows the character of the man Abbott that he won't do what he is meant to do and represent his electorate during Question Time. Pure dummy spit.
Prolly in his office supping red, and popping Zoloft.

Shows the character of the man Abbott that he won't do what he is meant to do and represent his electorate during Question Time. Pure dummy spit.

Not really. I think he'll be in on Monday. I don't read much into it, every person has a sense of pride. Abbott is a man's man, a prideful bloke. Say you what you like about the guy, but I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I am more interested in how Turnbull utilizes Abbott. Will he send him to the back bench, or will he surprise us and give Abbott an important portfolio. If he sends Abbott to the backbench, then Turnbull leaves himself wide open should the Nationals eventually shift away from Liberal. Turnbull should utilize Abbott, because leaving him out in the cold could come back to bite him.

Not really. I think he'll be in on Monday. I don't read much into it, every person has a sense of pride. Abbott is a man's man, a prideful bloke. Say you what you like about the guy, but I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I am more interested in how Turnbull utilizes Abbott. Will he send him to the back bench, or will he surprise us and give Abbott an important portfolio. If he sends Abbott to the backbench, then Turnbull leaves himself wide open should the Nationals eventually shift away from Liberal. Turnbull should utilize Abbott, because leaving him out in the cold could come back to bite him.
Abbott may not want a portfolio.

Abbott may not want a portfolio.

Turnbull can't be dumb enough to offer him one. There is zero trust between them now. Better to have him on the backbench than with a department's resources behind him. And unlike Rudd in 2010 the public is jack of him doesn't want to see him anymore.

Fair enough. I'll assume then you're similarly disenchanted with the Liberal Party, who played the most cynical and cheap politics while in opposition, and who today knifed a PM, essentially doing exactly what they spent three years abusing labor for. Turnbull is an egoist of the highest order. He entered politics to become PM, and nothing else. The Liberal Party was a means to that end. And he got that chance today because the Liberal Party are, as you say, playing politics as if it were sport, with a win at all costs mentality.

Disenchanted until Monday - there was no way in hell I was going to vote Liberal with Abbott; now, I will.

https://instagram.com/textsfrommalcolm/
Lulz.

Doesnt matter about his pride. His first duty is to Warringah. If he cant fulfill the role because he is butt.hurt then **** off and let someone else do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I don't much think we are going to see a huge deviation initially in policy from the Turnbull government, the immense discomfort of the hard right is enjoyable. Not unlike Shorten this change is going to make things difficult for them, it's unlikely to see a Turnbull government pandering to the Reclaim morons, or giving exclusives to Bolta. Australia has seen what the hard right looks like, and has overwhelming rejected it.
At the risk of being bashed around the lug hole, Australia hasn't rejected the hard right 'cause we've still got them as our government with the only difference to last week being, that they've promoted their Jo Goebbels to the leadership role and if he keeps losing weight, he'll end up looking like him as well.

At the risk of being bashed around the lug hole, Australia hasn't rejected the hard right 'cause we've still got them as our government with the only difference to last week being, that they've promoted their Jo Goebbels to the leadership role and if he keeps losing weight, he'll end up looking like him as well.

his popularity stems from the perception that his personal views are moderate and progressive, in effect that's what the opinion polls are endorsing

This may be a bit of a stretch but I actually wonder about his mental state at this point.

lol so it turns it Bronny voted for MT. Just when you thought she couldn't be any more appalling :D.

Also a bit surprising to see that Victoria had a clear majority of MPs backing Abbott. Bit odd considering how unpopular TA is here.
That's because the small l liberals over your way have either gone to the Greens or the ALP and all that remains of the "liberal" party are the moronic extremists: Abbott's and the Modern Liberal Party's "heartless & soulless".

Bronny's a vicious, spiteful hyena who does not hesitate to eat her own if they step out of line.

Last edited:
That's because the small l liberals over your way have either gone to the Greens or the ALP and all that remains of the "liberal" party are the moronic extremists: Abbott's and the Modern Liberal Party's "heartless & soulless".

Bronny's a vicious, spiteful hyena who does not hesitate to eat her own if they step out of line.
Yeah you may be right, after all we are the home of the great Kevin Andrews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back