Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot can change in a year, I think the next election will be a 50/50 race.

Abbott had no chance. All Turnball has done has made it an even fight.
GuruJane and co won't be grinning (12 hours after they were crying) when the honeymoon polls end.
Standard typical honeymoon polls are one thing, but then there's a 70-24 honeymoon poll.

Then there's the fact that Shorten isn't popular, wasn't even popular, and never will be popular, because he doesn't speak well, has the cloud of union corruption hanging over him and he's a massive, massive w*nker. Keep the false hope up though, it will just make the tears more delicious.

Jane's not taking this well. Poor dear.
You can understand why. GI Jane was of the same opinion as Dan. It's almost like they were blood brothers:
JWH was hopeless in his first incarnation as opposition leader. Failed abysmally to manage Bjelke Petersen in 1987 and then failed to see Peacock coming for him before 1990. Obvious therefore Abbott has been far more successful Opposition leader than Howard. JWH came into his own as PM, but his cynical use of Workchoices after unexpectedly winning in 04 was a mistake Tony Abbott would never have made. So Abbott has the potential for greater longevity in the job, imo.

lol this from Tone's biggest fan -he was going to be the 'best eva' and be here for a long, long time and all that. Great to see you have remained loyal to the end though.

I am loyal. Cheered me up no end to realise big chance Malcolm will be legislating the Abbott legacy. What would be depressing would be thinking Malcolm would legislate a pseudo left agenda that you boyos seem to be expecting but it seems Nats have put an end to that. Go Barnaby.
Must be a good chance he'll legislate the union reforms too.
If so will serve Noddy Tugger of Forelock right.

çourse Malcolm's copied Tones before, ie dieting, exercising and dropping major kilos after Tones booted him in 2009.

As an aside, isn't the new speaker a breath of fresh air?

Hi HI HIII BEAUTIFULLLL WEDNESDAAAAAYYYYY
This is MY MY MYYY BEAUTIFULLL DAYYYYYY-AY-AY

Nunna Nunna Naa Naa....NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA

WHEN YOU SAY SAY SAY TONY GOT KNIIIIIIIFED
OH MY MY MYYY it's a BEAUTIFULLLL DAYYYYY

NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA
NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA

:rainbow:

Standard typical honeymoon polls are one thing, but then there's a 70-24 honeymoon poll.

Then there's the fact that Shorten isn't popular, wasn't even popular, and never will be popular, because he doesn't speak well, has the cloud of union corruption hanging over him and he's a massive, massive w*nker. Keep the false hope up though, it will just make the tears more delicious.
Wow you sound like a tearful right winger. I don't like shorten either, but I think it's wrong to suddenly think the election has been won.

I am loyal. Cheered me up no end to realise big chance Malcolm will be legislating the Abbott legacy. What would be depressing would be thinking Malcolm would legislate a pseudo left agenda that you boyos seem to be expecting but it seems Nats have put an end to that. Go Barnaby.

çourse Malcolm's copied Tones before, ie dieting, exercising and dropping major kilos after Tones booted him in 2009.
Haha. We will see-you could not have been more wrong on Tone ( whilst I, of course, had him pegged from the start). Likely you'll get this one wrong too.Then desert the sinking ship again.;)

Last edited:
Wow you sound like a tearful right winger. I don't like shorten either, but I think it's wrong to suddenly think the election has been won.
Tearful? What part of my posts suggest I'm shedding tears? Unless you're implying tears of joy, in which case, you'd at least be close.

I'm anti-union dogs running the country. Not what I'd classify as a certified right winger, but by the standards of the hardcore lefty morons on this board, I'm probably already perceived as Hitler.

Bookmark this post here and now: there is absolutely no way Shorten has a hope in hell of winning the next election against Turnbull.

Hi HI HIII BEAUTIFULLLL WEDNESDAAAAAYYYYY
This is MY MY MYYY BEAUTIFULLL DAYYYYYY-AY-AY

Nunna Nunna Naa Naa....NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA

WHEN YOU SAY SAY SAY TONY GOT KNIIIIIIIFED
OH MY MY MYYY it's a BEAUTIFULLLL DAYYYYY

NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA
NUNNA NUNNA NAA NAA

:rainbow:
Thank you Daniel. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that..and no one will vote for him.

So on this we agree, just another political whore who will sell his soul, compromise his beliefs and stab a colleague just to be PM.
You sure can pick them.

I strongly disliked Abbott's style of leadership, the posturing, the macho bullshit all gave me the shits. But what I really disliked were the policies he was pushing, cutting the dole for kids, trying to belt the shit out of education, and health, a forty one percent increase in military spending in a time of supposed budget crisis. When the Turnbull government starts looking at some of these, I might start to listen.

I'll wait until the next campaign begins next year or whenever Turnbull calls the next election & just what policies he will put forward before I pass judgment, just the fact we got rid of Abbott will do in the meantime.

Might upset some but I hope he will look at righting the wrong that JG done in regards to single parents.

And Johnny Howard in his own presser admits something he's been accused of since Tampa: "My operating principle is to keep Labor out of government."

PMs should serve Australia first, not act in a way which they think will make life the hardest for their opponents.

When Labor put Latham, an unhinged lunatic, as their leader, they seriously eroded their integrity - when they out Rudd in, and egotist most of them hated, they destroyed what was left of it.

Politics is not sport, winning at all costs, for the sake of winning itself, should not be an acceptable stance.

I did lol at that little pearler. :)

Now that Tones has ridden off into the sunset I guess it will be Sir Scott Morrison who will carry the GuruJanes badge of hope & glory.

A lot can change in a year, I think the next election will be a 50/50 race.

Abbott had no chance. All Turnball has done has made it an even fight.

My mates in the Labor Party are shitting themselves; they knew Abbott wouldn't win, but they've got no confidence that Shorten can challenge Turnbull.

If they go to the election with Bill, they'll get smashed.

Twenty one years in Parliament, and apart from being a wrecker, will Abbott have any lasting legacy?
The policy with refugees was done well they are no longing drowning in huge numbers trying to get to Australia and taking in 12000 from Syria will be remembered as a fairly good humanitarian act

This is now our fifth PM in six years.

Gillard replaces Rudd
Rudd replaces Gillard
Abbott wins election
Turnbull replaces Abbott

Now, what if next year, the ALP win and Bill Shorten becomes PM? That is 6 PMS in seven years.

Plus, remember, that for three weeks in 2010, we had no government at all.

We are becoming a laughing stock of the world, and have the political instability of a third world country.

Of the first five changes I listed, only two were by an actual election of the people.

Tonight, I have no political party to vote for.

I used to vote Liberal, but I can't stand Malcolm Turnbull. I see him as a snake oil salesman, a wolf in sheeps' clothing.

I can't vote for ALP while Bill Shorten is leader.

I can't stand the Greens and eagerly await their political demise.

I can't cop Clive Palmer or his goons either.

Sex Party are too "out there" for me.

So, next election, I will have to vote independent or informal. At least I still have the sausage sizzle to look forward to election day.

Any suggestions of who I have left to vote for in the House of Reps.

I would like to see Lazarus have a quindruple bypass, and somehow get John Howard back as leader.

The country has been a shambles since he was voted out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back