Remove this Banner Ad

😒

So IMO this points to CS being either aware of her situation or at least that something was not right with her being with TK. Poor little thing must have been absolutely traumatized to wake up NOT with her family, locked in a room and being 'cared' for by a unknown man. We dont really know how he treated her or what he did/said. We do know she cried a lot. It sends shivers down my spine thinking of him bathing her and trying to dye her hair. No wonder she had nightmares.

Thanks. Not a lot there. Can't help thinking they should leave it alone, but I suppose there's a big fee involved.

Yeah definitely nothing substantial but it's there.

Practically served as a promotion rather than being an actual article.

This post will not be popular and I want to preface that I think that the crime deserves outpouring of support for Cleo, Ellie and Jake first and foremost.

I’m curious about the lack of empathy for TK in here. I’m not saying he is an angel but in reality he is yet another First Nations person messed up from a life of disadvantage and trauma and just longed for a stable family, similar to the white ones he saw on TV, in merchandise and more.

He created a pseudo family online and played with dolls to replicate the dream life that white fellas told black fellas they needed and developed an addiction to substances introduced by white fellas. Whilst high on this, he opportunistically kidnapped a child and imprisoned her for 3 weeks to live out his fantasy of “our normality”

I guess what I’m trying to achieve via the post above is not sympathy for TK as he perpetrated a horrific crime, but empathy as a way of trying to see the whole picture.

Again, finishing on the most compassion, love and concern must be shared for Cleo, Jake and Ellie but it’s not mutually exclusive to review the offenders background and extenuating circumstances.

This post will not be popular and I want to preface that I think that the crime deserves outpouring of support for Cleo, Ellie and Jake first and foremost.

I’m curious about the lack of empathy for TK in here. I’m not saying he is an angel but in reality he is yet another First Nations person messed up from a life of disadvantage and trauma and just longed for a stable family, similar to the white ones he saw on TV, in merchandise and more.

He created a pseudo family online and played with dolls to replicate the dream life that white fellas told black fellas they needed and developed an addiction to substances introduced by white fellas. Whilst high on this, he opportunistically kidnapped a child and imprisoned her for 3 weeks to live out his fantasy of “our normality”

I guess what I’m trying to achieve via the post above is not sympathy for TK as he perpetrated a horrific crime, but empathy as a way of trying to see the whole picture.

Again, finishing on the most compassion, love and concern must be shared for Cleo, Jake and Ellie but it’s not mutually exclusive to review the offenders background and extenuating circumstances.
I have posted similarly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the majority, if not the large majority, of convicted criminals have a sad back story of deprivation and disadvantage in their lives. This isn't a white -v- black story. It's a story about a man who kidnapped a small child and held her captive for 18 days. What would have happened to her had she not been found doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm sure the majority, if not the large majority, of convicted criminals have a sad back story of deprivation and disadvantage in their lives. This isn't a white -v- black story. It's a story about a man who kidnapped a small child and held her captive for 18 days. What would have happened to her had she not been found doesn't bear thinking about.

Conversely who is to say that he wouldn’t have handed himself in? I think you are correct in saying this is not black and white, I’m just a bit perturbed by some of the old school mentalities of lock them up and throw away the key are prevalent here when based on the facts we know publicly, one could consider TK’s prospects of rehabilitation rather good.

Either way, I’m not saying the public don’t have a right to be outraged, it’s just important to remember why our legal and prison systems exists.

Was TK really a Meth addict ?
Or was he just a Meth User ?
I heard on the 60 minutes that he was an addict.
I Doubt that he was addicted,
more like he used periodically ...

Was TK really a Meth addict ?
Or was he just a Meth User ?
I heard on the 60 minutes that he was an addict.
I Doubt that he was addicted,
more like he used periodically ...

Probably too heavy at arrest imo to be in the midst of a roaring meth addiction even if his weight appears to have fluctuated dramatically at times.

That doesn't mean though that he wasn't using at the time he took Cleo from the tent.

I’m just a bit perturbed by some of the old school mentalities of lock them up and throw away the key are prevalent here

I've thought this thread was very well balanced, rather calm in that regard actually in the circumstances and I don't recall anybody in here expressing that particular mentality.

Probably too heavy at arrest imo to be in the midst of a roaring meth addiction even if his weight appears to have fluctuated dramatically at times.

That doesn't mean though that he wasn't using at the time he took Cleo from the tent.
I'm pretty sure; they said he was on meth during abduction and in the following days (or week) in the 60 minutes documentary.
yes kurve he did look overweight and not the typical "ice / meth addict look" , I think 60 minutes made that up for dramatisation

I'm pretty sure; they said he was on meth during abduction and in the following days (or week) in the 60 minutes documentary.
yes kurve he did look overweight and not the typical "ice / meth addict look" , I think 60 minutes made that up for dramatisation
I thought they said he was high on ice at the time, but that could be a wrong memory.

I was a bit skeptical about that, because he was lucid enough to remove the child without waking the parents, take a back dirt road and turn off his phone so he couldn't be tracked (except he turned it on again briefly). I don't know enough about meth except I thought it made the user very angry.

I thought they said he was high on ice at the time, but that could be a wrong memory.

I was a bit skeptical about that, because he was lucid enough to remove the child without waking the parents, take a back dirt road and turn off his phone so he couldn't be tracked (except he turned it on again briefly). I don't know enough about meth except I thought it made the user very angry.
there are many side effects of meth , anger may be one of them.
on the flipside euphoria is another one of meth effects.
obviously, people don't pay all that money just to feel angry LOL

So TK seems to have a long history of drug use and ADHD...

"As a young boy, Kelly was also diagnosed with ADHD, which he was prescribed medication for"

"On discharge, doctors diagnosed him with oppositional defiance disorder, ADHD, nocturnal enuresis, and bilateral conductive hearing loss."

“Your conduct, including your ADHD, bed-wetting and bulky stature had contributed to your alienation from school,”

"By 2014, Kelly was locked up for aggravated burglary and other burglary offences, and had also received a fine for being in possession of methamphetamines"

“There is a family history of alcohol in utero and ADHD in childhood.”

there are many side effects of meth , anger may be one of them.
on the flipside euphoria is another one of meth effects.
obviously, people don't pay all that money just to feel angry LOL

Would you expect that they could make those decisions, that were obviously done on the fly, and could very well have been successful?

Would you expect that they could make those decisions, that were obviously done on the fly, and could very well have been successful?
yeah ice use and theft go together well ,
sport and racing use amphetamine or ephedrine, doctors prescribe dexamphetamine to students etc

TK went to the blowholes to steal.

just found this, I didn't know he was injecting;

"Kelly later told police he had been injecting methamphetamine at the time, including shortly before he arrived at the Blowholes campsite"

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back