Remove this Banner Ad

You can get Cellular security cameras that connect through 3G/4G mobile network just like a mobile phone and can get notifications and view them remotely.
Reolink Go is one example.

You can get bog standard low priced, high digital quality security cameras from the likes of Amazon and Google that connect to wifi and have very reasonably priced monthly subscriptions for cloud storage of footage. Hook them up to a wireless router that has a mobile sim card in to connect these security cameras to the internet via the router's wifi, and you can control and view/hear what's being recorded live or playback history remotely via mobile apps or web browsers. Motion and sound sensors are standard on this tech and can be adjusted very easily remotely.

Has it always been reported that Police arrived around midday at the blowholes campsite?

'Police arrived around midday on Saturday, October 16.'

This from The West states that the caretaker learnt of the missing child at 8am.

I don't know if the caretaker lives on site or has to travel to the site?

If he lives on site I wonder why he wasn't contacted before 8am?

I'm assuming when he was alerted at 8am, it was because local police had arrived by then?

Edit because I'm an idiot: says in the bit I bolded that he lived in the shack for years.

"One man who was at the campground the night Cleo was taken said he didn’t hear or see anything when she was snatched.

Campgrounds caretaker Brett Kilgallon, who has lived in a shack there for years, said the first thing he did when he heard she was missing at 8am was jump on his quad bike and start searching for the four-year-old."

Last edited:
Has it always been reported that Police arrived around midday at the blowholes campsite?

There's been conflicting reports in the media but I originally wrote down (because yes I'm a weirdo that takes notes sometimes) that local police arrived between 7.30 & 9.30 and that Perth police were contacted mid-morning/10.30.

I reckon in this scenario Mum and Dad may have been drunk/high/whatever and therefore less likely to wake up.

Not a knock on them as everyone enjoys getting loose on the first night away, but could be an explanation.
Of course it’s a knock on them, only morons would do this with young kids.

This from The West states that the caretaker learnt of the missing child at 8am.

I'm assuming when he was alerted at 8am, it was because local police had arrived by then?

Edit because I'm an idiot: says in the bit I bolded that he lived in the shack for years.

"One man who was at the campground the night Cleo was taken said he didn’t hear or see anything when she was snatched.

Campgrounds caretaker Brett Kilgallon, who has lived in a shack there for years, said the first thing he did when he heard she was missing at 8am was jump on his quad bike and start searching for the four-year-old."

My understanding is that he doesn't live in a shack, he lives in the caretaker residence which is a couple of sea containers on Gnaraloo Road/

More details on the audio recording of Cleo on CCTV at a beach shack at the camp grounds and closeup pics of the CCTV camera at the site.

'Audio of Cleo Smith was recorded on a single CCTV camera at a beach shack, situated just 20m from where she was staying, the day before she vanished.
The motion-sensitive camera faces the front of the shack, capturing a wide shot of anyone who enters or exits the beach home. It also records audio.
Cleo, just four years of age, was heard on the camera, police have confirmed.
The camera is in a protective box with a glass front, making it inconspicuous to those staying in the area.
Police took copies of the footage and scoured through it, saying Sunday it had helped confirm Cleo was at the camp grounds prior to her disappearance.'

View attachment 1267091
View attachment 1267092

View attachment 1267237

Can I see an aerial sticking up on the corner of the shed and the verandah?

aerial.png

To my mind this information makes it highly unlikely the caretaker was the abductor. If he was on site in the morning, he had to abduct Cleo, do something with her, and not just get back on site by 8am but do so while it was still dark so nobody raised questions about him returning. People are up early on campsites, especially if there are fishing opportunities.

My understanding is that he doesn't live in a shack, he lives in the caretaker residence which is a couple of sea containers on Gnaraloo Road/
A love shack sounds much more inviting than love containers.
If I lived in converted sea containers, I'd probably call them my shack too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we sure we were correct with the CCTV being on the corner of the verandah?
I noticed that too.

Looks like it well could be an external security camera.
Could be fake, broken, disconnected or active.

Help?

Are we sure we were correct with the CCTV being on the far corner of the verandah? Or could we have two cameras?

View attachment 1267731

The one on the left is definitely under the eve, attached to the tin shed - you can tell because the photos show the dark shadecloth to the left of it, which is on the end of that verandah area. Not sure about other cameras though.

7:30 is a bit early if they were up at 6ish and drove around looking.

Yes, I think you're right. This was what the media were reporting in the first 48 hours; various times with the earliest report of 7.30 & the latest 9.30.

But I don't believe that the exact time police were called and/or the exact time the first officers arrived have ever been reported in the media or released to the public by WApol?

Does anyone have any theories about the (distinctive?) audio of Cloe's voice on the cctv that WAPOL say establish that she was with her parents at the campground?

Looking at the published photos of the shack camera - which is encased in in a box; I am wondering how capable of picking up accurate audio its microphone would be when boxed in like that
.?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Could you please say where you heard the rumour about the caretaker helping to setup the tent? It is basically an auto pop-up tent and I am sure the parents could handle that.
Yeah I heard it off of someone at my local and was sceptical. Still have trouble watching the caretaker bloke interview without feeling sick to my stomach though. Hope I'm wrong but Like someone else said, bit like how arsons show up to put out the fire.

If the caretaker had helped the family set up then that would have been a witness to Cleo being there, and police would not have needed the audio from the CCTV. Now obviously the caretaker could have lied but with the family then yelling, “He was there! He helped us!” I think this investigation would have taken a different turn and we’d have different information, not to mention a different attitude from the family. Makes no sense that he helped them set up.

If the caretaker had helped the family set up then that would have been a witness to Cleo being there, and police would not have needed the audio from the CCTV. Now obviously the caretaker could have lied but with the family then yelling, “He was there! He helped us!” I think this investigation would have taken a different turn and we’d have different information, not to mention a different attitude from the family. Makes no sense that he helped them set up.
To be fair we don't know what the police know or not. They pick and choose what to reveal in order to control the investigation and the narrative.

Here's my attempt at a colour edit of the No. 28 sign to try and work out if there's a theme with the surrounding pictures.

A bit like trying to read tea-leaves.

Although I think I can see a duck, a super-hero, and some type of bug with antennae.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.41.22 pm.png

Of course it’s a knock on them, only morons would do this with young kids.
not really, kids in bed, on holiday, kick back have a couple, nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean they were off their chops, perfectly normal thing to do in reality. You may not think so but every weekend parents across the country are doing just this.

There has been no time reported when Police actually arrived. In one article it says a 4hr gap before police arrived and another where an old couple passed Police heading towards the area in the morning....but those Police could've been heading anywhere.

Was there much else I that article as it's behind a paywall?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back