Remove this Banner Ad

not sure if this has been covered since I stopped reading al this thread, but there is a bunch of talk about Field of View, does anybody know what the Depth of Field is of that Camera?

The Depth of Field could be quite shallow, with the focal length near the house, this would makes sense for identifying potential intruders clearly.

In that case, irrespective of field of view, most anything further distant from the door would not be in focus.

I think it depends on the aperture diameter/F-stop for the lens on that camera...or something..gets confusing.

If that's the case then how did it get activated via the family car? Did they park their car under the porch of shack 28?

In the first interview Mum says she got up to get her some water, if she'd untucked herself surely Mum would have tucked her in so she was warm and safe, thats what she said she did when putting her to bed at 8pm in the second interview.
You'd imagine it'd be even colder at 1.30am so more incentive to tuck her in wouldnt you say?
Agreed but mum may have been sleep dazed too. Hindsight is terrible to consider in this case. It's full of ...... if only.

No one anywhere expects to go camping with 2 children and going home with one child!

So to be honest I’m surprised that anyone questions any scenario ? These are not normal people that take kids and opportunities arise to them in very different scenarios that the Normal “whatever normal is” person would understand or consider.

Agree, Brett Cowan wasn't looking to abduct anybody the day he saw Daniel Morcombe standing by the roadside bus stop. He was on the way to his dealers house to buy drugs.

If that's the case then how did it get activated via the family car? Did they park their car under the porch of shack 28?
The media photos she where the tent was. I think the car would have been very close to the tent for wind protection. Parents said it was windy. As it turned out car position probably gave more cover for subhuman as well.

So he's a peeping tom who's escalated to child abduction by chance encounter?
A peeping tom/ thief who was already a pedophile. These people do exist unfortunately and it’s probably the motive that the police find most likely. Why do you think an active pedophile wouldn’t be a peeping tom?

And who knows if he ‘escalated’? One of the reasons the feds are involved (besides it being a serious crime of the utmost urgency) is that such offenders are often repeat offenders. It may be his first time or maybe not. Maybe he had been unsuccessful in his first attempt.

A possibly amped up peeping tom who's decided to hide in the bush very close to his intended target who he hasnt actually seen
I presume that’s of little relevance if he’s a pedophile.
while he waits for her and her parent/s to go back to sleep
Yep.
so he can unzip their tent and abduct her from a mere meter away from her parent/s because he knows the tent has a divider which provides him cover.
Yes. As to the sound, sleeping people don’t always wake up to something which could be relatively quiet. Otherwise none of us would get much sleep at all.

But if it was a video recorded of Cleo prior to camping and being played back via phone then of course they are still going to recognise her voice
I would say the other voices they heard on the recording (parents interacting with the children/each other etc.), timing and content of the conversations have helped them cover off that possibility.

Agreed but mum may have been sleep dazed too. Hindsight is terrible to consider in this case. It's full of ...... if only.

No one anywhere expects to go camping with 2 children and going home with one child!
No doubt, but how many stars have to line up for this brazen thief to pull off a child abduction in these circumstances.

Where are we now, a peeping tom who parks well away from an isolated campsite, doesnt bring his phone, is switched off or doesnt have one, he stumbles across a tent containing a 4yo looking for water at 1am and hears the exchange with Mum, he decides this is the moment to escalate to child abduction so amped up he hides in the bushes where he cant be detected considering his intentions, but not too far away as he recognises the tent has a divider which will provide cover and he needs to listen for when all are back asleep so he can take his opportunity.
He creeps over, unzips the tent and fortunately for him the child is no longer tucked in safe and warm as she had been at 8pm because at 1.30am Mum was dazed and just handed her some water, he therefore has easy access to scoop her up but decides to take the sleeping bag too and all this from a meter away from her parent/s who dont hear a sound and disappears into the night without a trace.

In the first interview they say cleo had dinner and went to bed at 8pm, their little one had dinner, she went to bed, they had dinner, they went to bed.
Sounds to me like it wasnt much later.

Lots of things you can do in bed without going to sleep.
Read, text, online chat, watch media with headphones on, post on BigFooty, cuddle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if he's not there for child abduction or theft why wouldn't he have a phone, or why would it be switched off and why would he park where no one noticed him?

I dont believe it was pre planned either, which leaves only someone already on site who see's her in the brief time before bed and either acts themselves or arranges someone else, both of which should have already found them in the net or its someone who rocks up to a remote campsite for some other reason and decides to park well away and either leave their phone at home or switch it off incase they commit a serious crime that would see a phone leave incriminating evidence on the towers.
If it's the person with an EA vintage Falcon I don't think he'd own a phone tbh.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

A peeping tom/ thief who was already a pedophile. These people do exist unfortunately and it’s probably the motive that the police find most likely. Why do you think an active pedophile wouldn’t be a peeping tom?

And who knows if he ‘escalated’? One of the reasons the feds are involved (besides it being a serious crime of the utmost urgency) is that such offenders are often repeat offenders. It may be his first time or maybe not. Maybe he had been unsuccessful in his first attempt.

I presume that’s of little relevance if he’s a pedophile.

Yep.

Yes. As to the sound, sleeping people don’t always wake up to something which could be relatively quiet. Otherwise none of us would get much sleep at all.

I have the distinct impression that Cleo woke up because she got disturbed by the ...... soon to be .....abducter, possibly the zip noise or even being touched and she could have thought it was a parent.

No doubt, but how many stars have to line up for this brazen thief to pull off a child abduction in these circumstances.

Where are we now, a peeping tom who parks well away from an isolated campsite, doesnt bring his phone, is switched off or doesnt have one, he stumbles across a tent containing a 4yo looking for water at 1am and hears the exchange with Mum, he decides this is the moment to escalate to child abduction so amped up he hides in the bushes where he cant be detected considering his intentions, but not too far away as he recognises the tent has a divider which will provide cover and he needs to listen for when all are back asleep so he can take his opportunity.
He creeps over, unzips the tent and fortunately for him the child is no longer tucked in safe and warm as she had been at 8pm because at 1.30am Mum was dazed and just handed her some water, he therefore has easy access to scoop her up but decides to take the sleeping bag too and all this from a meter away from her parent/s and disappears into the night without a trace.
He may have gone into the scrub and diddled himself between 0130hrs and 0300hrs.

'Officers also returned to the Blowholes camp site about 70km north of the town to collect samples from some of the campfires at the site. They stayed in the area for a few hours before leaving about 5.30pm on Wednesday.'

I would have thought they would have had forensics do this on Day 1-2 of the investigation.

If it's the person with an EA vintage Falcon I don't think he'd own a phone tbh.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Maybe he used the old model car because he was on a mission and left his late model car at home because it had embedded GPS that could be pinned by police check of tower pings.

And this will haunt the parents for the rest of their lives. So many things that could have interrupted or even stopped it happening in the first place. Everything had to go right. Windy conditions would have helped the perp big time.

To those who are asking "how did the perp know there would be kids there" I have never been to a caravan park/camping area where there were no kids other than off grid bush camping.

He creeps over, unzips the tent and fortunately for him the child is no longer tucked in safe and warm as she had been at 8pm because at 1.30am Mum was dazed and just handed her some water, he therefore has easy access to scoop her up but decides to take the sleeping bag too and all this from a meter away from her parent/s who dont hear a sound and disappears into the night without a trace.

We don't know where the subhuman parked.

'Officers also returned to the Blowholes camp site about 70km north of the town to collect samples from some of the campfires at the site. They stayed in the area for a few hours before leaving about 5.30pm on Wednesday.'

I would have thought they would have had forensics do this on Day 1-2 of the investigation.

A wow yeah you'd definitely think the fire pits would've been apart of the forensic search in the 1st couple of day's

Very interesting. Looking for what in the camp fire pits? A burnt sleeping bag or clothing items? Beer cans? Cigarette butts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back