Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the case then how did it get activated via the family car? Did they park their car under the porch of shack 28?
dunno, isnt that the infrared sensor? separate to the lens/camera? Does it shoot out a little laser and detect the reflection or not? Would it not be a collimated beam and not require focusing, and doesn't relate to the camera focal depth directly?

But as you say, it should be roughly along the line of sight of the camera to be useful.

time for me to learn a little more...

In terms of if there's evidence of Cleo being at campsite - in second interview parents did, they mention they haven't been camping since Isla was born and that it's the kids first camping trip together.

I find it hard to think she wouldn't have taken a photo soon after arriving of the kids together. Especially if they have a very active social media presence.

Cleo’s mother Ellie Smith and stepfather Jake Gliddon left Carnarvon police station on Wednesday

More questioning??

Lead investigator Det-Supt Rod Wilde of the major crime division is expected to fly to Carnarvon on Thursday.

Thought he would've already been there being the lead investigator.

And further away to give Cleo more opportunity to fight or scream or escape?
The picture of the guy thats being painted here in order to fit him into the perfect crime leads me to believe he would have measured his distances to the nearest millimeter so as to A/ avoid detection and B/ avoid any uprisings.

And if the early 90s Ford Falcon that popped up on that mine site HSE poster is their car maybe their even less likely of owning a mobile.... Old school? Hermit?

Old mate from Geraldton sent me a Viber message earlier today; "abandoned car found in the bush near Meekatharra, local cops are investigating."
Not sure if this is related or not...? Could this be the old Falcon mentioned in the thread? Do we know if this car could be involved or not - i.e. did it go missing prior to 15/10?

Despite my efforts, silly old coot won't answer his phone so I can't learn more...

The suggestion/speculation that this was undertaken by an opportunistic petty thief as a sudden/second choice is hard to fathom and frankly seems implausible. As I suggested in an earlier post, what does the perpetrator do then - take her to cash convertors..?

More likely there was a level of planning undertaken, that involves two perpetrators. A snatcher and a driver, and the car witnessed leaving the area, to be verified, also supports this.
Moreover, unless they have pre-organized extra fuel and provisions and driven into the bush/outback, which is quite plausible yet somehow being ignored (publicly anyway), depending on how far and where they have gone, it's likely and a tragic reality that none of them have/will survive..!

View attachment 1268955
What you have said has some components of the theory I favour. Which is that one person who knows the area well abducts Cleo and takes her to an isolated location nearby where they feel safe/are confident they won’t get caught. I don’t think they would risk traveling too far due to the risk of being more conspicuous with every car/person you pass, but it would be far enough so evidence is not easily located. They would want to be at the location under cover of darkness. So I think 1-2 hours away. Easily doable on a tank of fuel presuming it was relatively full whenever they left to go to the campsite.

I think it will be an isolated bush camp, or simply a spot they know. I don’t think they’d take her to their house, because there’s always a chance that evidence will be found at some point, especially if they are pursued as a POI.

I genuinely don’t think this person has just gotten lucky in getting away with it. I think they’ve been meticulously careful. Opportunistic to a degree: I think it’s something they’ve been fantasizing about and therefore a lot of the general planning had been done and it was just a matter of putting the specifics together in this case when they saw the chance with Cleo. I’d hazard a guess this person has skulked around a lot of campsites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 2nd CCTV camera from No. 28? :cool:

I've given up on the hope of there being a 2nd CCTV camera at No. 28.

The guy that owns No. 28 is having a fight with the council who want to tear his shack down so I reckon he's only got enough of a view to see any officials cars pull up and to eavesdrop on their convos. He also spent between $600 and $800 on that one cam, two and he's starting to look really paranoid.

What you have said has some components of the theory I favour. Which is that one person who knows the area well abducts Cleo and takes her to an isolated location nearby where they feel safe/are confident they won’t get caught. I don’t think they would risk traveling too far due to the risk of being more conspicuous with every car/person you pass, but it would be far enough so evidence is not easily located. They would want to be at the location under cover of darkness. So I think 1-2 hours away. Easily doable on a tank of fuel presuming it was relatively full whenever they left to go to the campsite.

I think it will be an isolated bush camp, or simply a spot they know. I don’t think they’d take her to their house, because there’s always a chance that evidence will be found at some point, especially if they are pursued as a POI.

I genuinely don’t think this person has just gotten lucky in getting away with it. I think they’ve been meticulously careful. Opportunistic to a degree: I think it’s something they’ve been fantasizing about and therefore a lot of the general planning had been done and it was just a matter of putting the specifics together in this case when they saw the chance with Cleo. I’d hazard a guess this person has skulked around a lot of campsites.

My gut tells me it's someone from the home base neighbourhood lurking online through social media and possibly unknowingly associated with an acquaintance of parents. Family purchased their 1st home in April 2021.

A lot of very personal details have been published on social media.

Cleo commenced at a local school recently and prior to that at local child care centre. Recent history of arrests of child predators in Australia shows connections with child care workers with others throughout Australia using dark websites.

In terms of if there's evidence of Cleo being at campsite - in second interview parents did, they mention they haven't been camping since Isla was born and that it's the kids first camping trip together.

I find it hard to think she wouldn't have taken a photo soon after arriving of the kids together. Especially if they have a very active social media presence.
At 6.30pm when they’re tired and getting settled in? Any pics would have been planned for the following day.

I've given up on the hope of there being a 2nd CCTV camera at No. 28.

The guy that owns No. 28 is having a fight with the council who want to tear his shack down so I reckon he's only got enough of a view to see any officials cars pull up and to eavesdrop on their convos. He also spent between $600 and $800 on that one cam, two and he's starting to look really paranoid.

That 'fight' was in 2019. 28 appears to have been renovated since then. Photos on the wanowandthen site.

Council records show the area shacks had considerable damage from the 2015 cyclone that hit the area. Safety of the damaged shacks and area in general was raised by indigenous leaders as there are areas there that have significant cultural connections.

I'm struggling with police only today collecting ash from campfires, days after her disappearance and days after the campgrounds were reopened?!?!
Me too. I think I recall reading that the Council was keeping the campsite closed, but regardless there is risk of contamination and degradation out in the elements. I can’t see how they will be able to find something of relevance now, let alone use it as evidence. And I would have thought they’d do that immediately to give themselves the best chance of establishing who was there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back