Remove this Banner Ad

Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde is one cool Cop.

Batting away those bouncers and leg-spinners he doesn't want to or can't give specific answers to at this point in the investigations, a bit like one of Australia's many supremely disciplined ex-opening batsmen.

Yes, Wilde padded away the circling sharks wanting to know every detail quite well.

I 'suspect/speculate' given all that spoke at this conference, who were also not willing to provide specifics but did mention several times that the suspect in custody is; 'assisting police with enquiries' - this suspect may well be a co-conspirator and/or not the actual abductor, maybe he simply provided the house to keep Cleo...?

I mean he is still 'plumb LBW, no reviews left' in terms of spending a long time in a 3x2M cell, but perhaps he's just an accomplice...?

Last edited:
Another sweet quote

'We all wanted to take turns holding her'
Detective sergeant Cameron Blaine says Cleo was full of energy after being reunited with her parents.
He says he is not sure if she is aware that she had been abducted and police were careful what they asked her, so as not to influence her record of events.
We also need to be mindful of their mental health and welfare. The questions that, it was more or less that we were talking to her, that she was talking to us.
What can I say, having seen her a couple times this morning, she is a little Energiser bunny. How she has that much energy – I wish I did, I am about ready to go to sleep. Very sweet, energetic girl. Very trusting and very open with us. We all wanted to take turns holding her. It was a really good experience.

Given the guy is a loner who lives with his dogs in a commission house and he’s been acting bizarrely, I think the spontaneous snatching while looking for stuff to steal theory seems a bit more likely.

Assuming he wasn’t abusing her, maybe he had a hairbrained spur of the moment plan to ask for a ransom but realised he’d bitten off more than he could chew. Will be very interesting to find out.

Good signs here, she has been released from hospital, which is an incredibly good sign, they would not have let her bath / shower etc until she had been completely examined, and she looks pretty clean in that photo, Detective made a point of saying she wasn't injured. Seriously hoping it is just a nut job that did it for the notoriety.

What a phone call to get at 1 am, completely out of the blue from a detective saying there is someone here that wants to talk to you and its you child that has been missing for 18 days. :) The irony Cleo last seen at 1.30am before she went missing and almost at the same time of night when she was returned to her parents.

Given the guy is a loner who lives with his dogs in a commission house and he’s been acting bizarrely, I think the spontaneous snatching while looking for stuff to steal theory seems a bit more likely.

Assuming he wasn’t abusing her, maybe he had a hairbrained spur of the moment plan to ask for a ransom but realised he’d bitten off more than he could chew. Will be very interesting to find out.
I think its going to take a while to figure out the motivation and reasoning behind the entire timeline.

Good signs here, she has been released from hospital, which is an incredibly good sign, they would not have let her bath / shower etc until she had been completely examined, and she looks pretty clean in that photo, Detective made a point of saying she wasn't injured. Seriously hoping it is just a nut job that did it for the notoriety.

What a phone call to get at 1 am, completely out of the blue from a detective saying there is someone here that wants to talk to you and its you child that has been missing for 18 days. :) The irony Cleo last seen at 1.30am before she went missing and almost at the same time of night when she was returned to her parents.

Actually quite fitting.

i could imagine 1:30am would be a horror time for them moving forward and now getting a call at roughly the same time wont have those horror feelings but ones of joy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cops typically conduct early morning raids because they know a potential suspect is likely asleep and therefore less of an immediate threat.

Kicking yourself for sure, but its a high bar to cross. I think your tip/evidence has to be crucial in a conviction (at least I think that's the conditions)

I believe it is usually phrased as "leading to an arrest or conviction."

Or he thought he could sell her. It was recently reported they were trawling the dark web.

The only problem with this theory is there were no reports of stolen items from the rest of the camp site. Unless they were the first tent he went after, she was awake and he panicked.

Cops typically conduct early morning raids because they know a potential suspect is likely asleep and therefore less of an immediate threat.

Also makes it harder for the suspects/raided party to see them coming, so gives them less time to destroy/tamper with evidence etc.

where was this stated, haven't heard that anywhere?

Channel 7 shared a photo of the suspect in the back of an ambulance. He is indigenous in appearance and had a bandage over his head.

Yeah they removed that quick, I can't believe they actually posted it...great way to get someone a lenient sentence

In what way, exactly? As in when have you seen a story listing an alleged offender's name, who subsequently is convicted, affecting the sentencing outcome? I would love for someone to list even one instance...

Yeah the photo was taken looking into the ambo and seeing him on the bed with a bandage over his head.
You mean this photo from the article I linked not long ago in here?
I just checked and the photo is still up on that article.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 4.52.41 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back