MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amazing to me that we had to put up with our players being booed on to the field by an overwhelmingly partisan pro-Richmond at OUR home final and yet somehow the recipients of this undeserved advantage are the ones who emerged with a deranged, bitter hostility towards their opponent.

That's what I've found most hilarious about anti-Geelong histrionics from some Tiges fans on these boards. They WON, quite handily, against us in 2017 and then won the flag and then beat us TWICE last year. Like, what's the issue? I went from hoping they'd win the flag in 2017 (when they beat us I even said to a guy as I was leaving "Hope it's your year, mate") to not even watching the 2017 GF, such was my disdain for their fans on this board and their 2018 PF loss was the happiest a non-Geelong result has made me since the 2012 Grand Final. Every team has their shithouse fans but some of the Richmond people inhabiting these boards have been horrific ambassadors for their club.

It's amazing to me that we had to put up with our players being booed on to the field by an overwhelmingly partisan pro-Richmond at OUR home final and yet somehow the recipients of this undeserved advantage are the ones who emerged with a deranged, bitter hostility towards their opponent.

Agree. Remember Selwood being told to call the coin toss at the 2017 QF2, which was our home game? Imagine the outrage if it was the other way around?

I'd really love to know the actual reason for their irrational hostility? Does it have anything to do with our 07, 09, 11 Premierships? Do they have the same hostility for Hawks?

I'm so pleased that GAJ was not found guilty + the charge reduced to 'Careless'. Probably some Schadenfreude on my part.

Didn’t see the Daniher (???) knee to Sav’s head, resulting in concussion, yet no hooha about it. Fortunately, Gaz grazed Shiel, who was able to continue playing. Haven’t heard a peep from Geelong supporters, shouldn’t we be ranting + raving that Sav could have been decapitated?
Just for clarity.
Daniher only had eyes for the ball. Sav was standing bolt upright and Daniher jumped so high his knee got sav flush.
It was a bloody big jump off a few steps.

That's what I've found most hilarious about anti-Geelong histrionics from some Tiges fans on these boards. They WON, quite handily, against us in 2017 and then won the flag and then beat us TWICE last year. Like, what's the issue? I went from hoping they'd win the flag in 2017 (when they beat us I even said to a guy as I was leaving "Hope it's your year, mate") to not even watching the 2017 GF, such was my disdain for their fans on this board and their 2018 PF loss was the happiest a non-Geelong result has made me since the 2012 Grand Final. Every team has their shithouse fans but some of the Richmond people inhabiting these boards have been horrific ambassadors for their club.
SNAP!!!

Seems to be a case of:
"It is not enough that I should succeed, my friends must fail." Luc De Clapiers, Marquis De Vauvenargues

Gaz being in terrific form + getting off the one week suspension, is rubbing salt into their wounds.

Just for clarity.
Daniher only had eyes for the ball. Sav was standing bolt upright and Daniher jumped so high his knee got sav flush.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, Tony.

No one has complained that I know of, I was just wondering if there would have been hysteria if Sav had collected Daniher, or worse, let's say a Richmond player.

I think the current disdain for the Cats from Tiger fans stems from having to play at KP in 2017.
Are we being parochial expecting large oppo Clubs like Richmond to play at KP? The fact is that teams who have under-performed, like Richmond did for years, play at KP, while our home blockbuster games are played at MCG.

If Richmond still had their Punt Road home ground, would they insist home games were played there (ignoring the capacity)?

Just for clarity.
I just wonder what the difference between and knee and an elbow makes (not anatomically, of course.)
Because had he hit Sav with the arm with that amount of force, accidental or not, ruck contest or not, he would have been reported.

Are we being parochial expecting large oppo Clubs like Richmond to play at KP? The fact is that teams who have under-performed, like Richmond did for years, play at KP, while our home blockbuster games are played at MCG.

If Richmond still had their Punt Road home ground, would they insist home games were played there (ignoring the capacity)?
Hi Kitty.
There's a reason clubs have a home game and an away game.
It is to even out any advantage a home ground offers.
People who suggest otherwise are saying that Richmond deserves to have an advantage over our club.
Why?
And the Punt Rd point is entirely hypothetical. If there was an advantage, Richmond gave it up voluntarily many, many moons ago.

Hi Kitty.
People who suggest otherwise are saying that Richmond deserves to have an advantage over our club.
Why?
And the Punt Rd point is entirely hypothetical. If there was an advantage, Richmond gave it up voluntarily many, many moons ago.
Richmond moved to the MCG in order to give themselves a home ground advantage in the finals.

Hi Kitty.
Why?

Hi Max.

I understand the evening the Home + Away advantage. Still many believe when Geelong plays Home games at the MCG, teams like Richmond, Collingwood + Hawthorn have the advantage because it's their home ground.

I like Geelong playing Home games at the MCG, to ensure our players have experience playing there, (hopefully) during Finals.

Richmond moved to the MCG in order to give themselves a home ground advantage in the finals.
As did Collingwood + Hawthorn?

Or was it also, to play at a ground with a much larger capacity + save money from redeveloping their Home grounds? Probably a bit of all three?

Anyhoo, all of us involved in this topic are going 'off topic' :oops:

Back to Gaz found not guilty of intentional strike 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or was it also, to play at a ground with a much larger capacity + save money from redeveloping their Home grounds? Probably a bit of all three?

Richmond did it in the mid 60s, decades ahead of the other clubs, and it was a sore point with the other 11 clubs for many years.

I think the current disdain for the Cats from Tiger fans stems from having to play at KP in 2017.

That's a given, they're still wonking on about our having any right to a home final, and glee at the Freo loss. They know more about our club than me, I wasn't aware of any finals discussions with the AFL this early in the piece, so thanks you Tugger knowledge gutzes.

It's kind of loosely related. Okay, a long bow, but all of their Ablett tin hatting morphed into a hatefest. Perhaps this thread a chance at pointing out a home truth. Oh, wait, that's right, they can't read.

Didn’t see the Daniher (???) knee to Sav’s head, resulting in concussion, yet no hooha about it. Fortunately, Gaz grazed Shiel, who was able to continue playing. Haven’t heard a peep from Geelong supporters, shouldn’t we be ranting + raving that Sav could have been decapitated?

Some injuries are just incidents in a football contest.

Ablett's was marginally late, high contact with little force. Free kick and that is it. It wasn't even one where Ablett was trying to "make him earn it" like that other one with Hipwood. Very little intent.

Just reading about the Tribunal hearing, found this interesting:

"Gleeson pondered whether Ablett may have “convinced himself” of a certain version of events.

Gleeson also suggested that Ablett might if anything need to be judged to a higher standard."
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ablett-a-winner-again-this-time-at-tribunal-20190507-p51l0u.html

Why would Gaz need to be judged to a higher standard?

Agreed. It’s a very odd statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back