MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

That this one got thrown out in 3 minutes should make him think long and hard. But I doubt it.
That it took 3 minutes to me gives off the vibe that the result was pre-ordained and was just for show to make the proceedings look respectable.
They had no intention of rubbing him out, and given they didn't even cite Hipwood they couldn't.

That it took 3 minutes to me gives off the vibe that the result was pre-ordained and was just for show to make the proceedings look respectable.
They had no intention of rubbing him out, and given they didn't even cite Hipwood they couldn't.

Perhaps, but whichever way you come at it there's only one conclusion........Christian is interpreting the rules, and the intentions of those rules, with a bewildering abandon, and reckless disregard for consistency.

latest

Pictured: Snake_Baker

Comes here and tries to remain civil and play nice. Secretly moans and whinges to Hawfies and Tiggers fans.
Stick to incorrectly predicting what star will join Norf :thumbsu:

Pretty clearly it was the citing that was "just for show", not the final not guilty verdict.

Then why let Hipwood off for what looked worse and penalise Gary? He always had an option.

Because I don't believe he uses the AFL's rules, or the intended spirit of those rules, as a baseline.

He reacts with a kneejerk, and to whatever takes his fancy.

That this one got thrown out in 3 minutes should make him think long and hard. But I doubt it.

Next week he'll again be watching a completely different game to everyone else.
It’s more likely to lead to Hocking wanting to limit the tribunal’s authority to overturn Christian’s decisions.

Then why let Hipwood off for what looked worse and penalise Gary? He always had an option.
Christian said he deemed the Hipwood one ‘careless’ and that Shiel has disposed of the ball whereas the player Hipwood got, hadn’t.
To me, Hipwood’s looked to be greater force and more intent. Maybe Christian is so mired in the complexities and technicalities that he can’t see the forest for the trees?

Opposition opinions from around the grounds thanks to Town and Country pizza:

Adelaide - not surprised about the result
Brisbane - crickets
Carlton - feel the system is corrupt
Collingwood - crickets
Essendon - think the decision was fair
Fremantle - 50/50
Gold Coast - crickets
GWS - crickets
Hawthorn - melting hard
Melbourne - more concerned about Steven May
North Melbourne - Snake_Baker Judge Gerard to the rescue!
Port Adelaide - 50-booo-50
Richmond - melting hard
St Kilda - crickets
Sydney - correct decision
Western Bulldogs - #GiveGrantyhisBrownlow
West Coast - confused about the MRO and its use
Fitzroy - crickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane - crickets
Collingwood - crickets
Fremantle - 50/50
Gold Coast - crickets
GWS - crickets
Hawthorn - melting hard
Richmond - melting hard
St Kilda - crickets
Fitzroy - crickets

Great post! Gold star got you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane - crickets
Collingwood - crickets
Fremantle - 50/50
Gold Coast - crickets
GWS - crickets
Hawthorn - melting hard
Richmond - melting hard
St Kilda - crickets
Fitzroy - crickets

Brilliant!

Brisbane - crickets
Collingwood - crickets
Fremantle - 50/50
Gold Coast - crickets
GWS - crickets
Hawthorn - melting hard
Richmond - melting hard
St Kilda - crickets
Fitzroy - crickets
Who would had thought that the Ess board would be the most sensible out of that lot

No problem with bomber supporters.
The rest not so much.
This whole week I have been pleasantly surprised by the Bomber posters, the majority are quite level headed. They were quick to admit Geelong were the better team on the weekend and didnt make excuses for themselves and now they have accepted that this overturn was the right call. Good on you Bombers, honestly refreshing.

Gleason told Hawkins to accept one week or they’d increase it to two weeks, which stinks! Completely makes a mockery of ‘innocent until proved guilty’.

I don't think they would have accepted it had Ben felt confident in getting Hawkins off all together.

Brisbane - crickets
Collingwood - crickets
Fremantle - 50/50
Gold Coast - crickets
GWS - crickets
Hawthorn - melting hard
Richmond - melting hard
St Kilda - crickets
Fitzroy - crickets
The best thing is the Tiger fans... Hawk fans I can understand, our natural enemies and they did have a player rubbed out a week ago for similar (their own fault they didn't challenge it though)

Tiger fans however.. Lol.. Had nothing at all to do with them, the only reason they have to melt is because of the tin foil conspiracy they have convinced themselves of that the rules were changed and Hocking's doing everything to help us.. That and old scars from Ablett snr I guess :D:D:D

I don't think they would have accepted it had Ben felt confident in getting Hawkins off all together.
Hawkins was told to plead guilty, or risk two weeks. What Prosecution tells a Defendant to plead guilty, or risk a longer sentence? It's unconscionable. It's wrong + unfair.

Who would had thought that the Ess board would be the most sensible out of that lot

This whole week I have been pleasantly surprised by the Bomber posters, the majority are quite level headed. They were quick to admit Geelong were the better team on the weekend and didnt make excuses for themselves and now they have accepted that this overturn was the right call. Good on you Bombers, honestly refreshing.

Bombers' fans had to tolerate so much vitriol during the Drugs saga, I imagine they've learned how difficult it is to be judged harshly + their suspension would have been a bitter pill.

Good on them for being reasonable + rational.

But Hawks + Tigers' fans :eek: 🤯🤯🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back