"Ablett skips Cats' final pitch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they be upset with Pickering anyway? It's not as if he's making the decision for Gary, or has any personal stake in the decision either way.
As a business man and Gary's manager, it is in Pickering's best interests that Gary leaves the Cats and signs with the GC. x% of 1.9Mil/yr as his agent is shitloads more than the x% of significantly less that the Cats have offered.

Geelong should sack him. This is hardly surprising given the way his coach has been bad-mouthing him all season.
I agree we've been so disrespectful to Gary.

I'm surprised you're even here I thought you'd be out protesting with those Chinese illegal immigrants.

I personally think that it is right for Gary and Liam to be gragging this out. Gary could not make the announcement before the Cats were eliminated but doing so during GF week would be pretty self-serving IMO when the focus is (and rightly so) on the GF teams.

My guess is that the official announcement will come next Monday either way to give the Cats a couple of weeks before trade week begins to start putting the feelers out should he be leaving.

Pretty poor form by Gary, that's the sort of rubbish he gets from his old man. He needs to front up and give the club some respect and look at Costa eye to eye to the end.
Pickering, poor man's anus

I am sure that Gary is trying to do the right thing by Geelong but the timing is making it all very difficult. I just hope that he does the right thing when he makes the announcement and that is to be honest about why he made the decision. I think this will be critical to endear him with fans (most of them anyway) as he has given too much to be maligned. I hope that he has the right people to help him with this i.e., not Pickering and learns from others mistakes by not putting on a charade.

Re: Gazza doesn't show up

b4 u geebung people start criticizing Ablett for forsakening the club, he is the very reason why you guys played in 3 gf in a row and countless no. PFs. It was ablett's rise in 07 that catapulted the team from very good to excellent. Instead of dwindlling his career away at geebung during its eventual slide, he will go to gc for something much greater like being the team's inaugural capital and nurturing the next batch of superstars.

So, we Geelong supporters have no right to be disappointed? You know, I blame the Kangaroos for this. If the Roos had relocated to GC, then Ablett would be a Cat for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 prelim finals.

Everyone always mistakes the swans semi for a prelim.

Costa's comments are sad. If he is genuinely being played by Pickers/Ablett, and being strung along with the "the decision hasn't been made yet" argument, then that is infinitely worse than the AFL stopping the deal from being made public until after the GF.

Can you sack someone who is no longer contracted to you?

Sack Ablett? you can't sack someone who is no longer contractually tied to the club.

Let me guess. You're from somewhere around Warrnambool. Now, there are those who say that's a beautiful part of Victoria, but you and I know what goes on in the pubs there on weekends. If you do, in fact, live in Warrnambool, you'll also know that, for ten months of the year, it's one of the windiest shit holes on the planet.

Actually, for a long time, Warrnambool had a splendid insane asylum. Is it still in operation? I'm depending on your local knowledge.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...keep-gary-ablett/story-e6frf9jf-1225928378722

I heard Bomber Thompson's wife threw her drink at Liam Pickering at the Geelong post season function and he was told he could never ever do business on Geelong premises again.

Sad way to end for the favourite son.

It's terrible mate :(, the biggest name at Geelong is no more. Liam Pickering is a sleazebag, as for Gazza, i will never understand WHY he has made the decision to leave Geelong.

You can bet that pickering is doing everything in his power to get gary to the GC

Absolutely.
Why wouldn't he?

Pickering can still manage Ablett from Victoria and with the extra $$$ boost to his cut can easily afford to fly up to the GC for important "meetings" on the beach. :)
I reckon there'll be a lot of those taking place in the summer.
Well, it is during 'off-season' after all... ;)

And what better place for a few celebratory cocktails, eh Liam?

You weasel...

i will never understand WHY he has made the decision to leave Geelong.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s, and lots of 'em.
Pretty simple really... :D

Let me guess. You're from somewhere around Warrnambool. Now, there are those who say that's a beautiful part of Victoria, but you and I know what goes on in the pubs there on weekends. If you do, in fact, live in Warrnambool, you'll also know that, for ten months of the year, it's one of the windiest shit holes on the planet.

Actually, for a long time, Warrnambool had a splendid insane asylum. Is it still in operation? I'm depending on your local knowledge.

Warrnambool?

Everyone always mistakes the swans semi for a prelim.

Costa's comments are sad. If he is genuinely being played by Pickers/Ablett, and being strung along with the "the decision hasn't been made yet" argument, then that is infinitely worse than the AFL stopping the deal from being made public until after the GF.

Thank Jeebus for the interwebz on phones these days. The amount of boofheads I've had to set straight on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Ablett skips Cats' final pitch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back