Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this thread but who does everyone think coaches is next year. Only names I can think are

Chris Newman
Daniel Giansiracusa
Nathan Buckley
Hayden Skipworth
Dean cox

And a left field one Corey Enright

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New to this thread but who does everyone think coaches is next year. Only names I can think are

Chris Newman
Daniel Giansiracusa
Nathan Buckley
Hayden Skipworth
Dean cox

I reckon Cox or Enright (only because it would take an exceptional left field candidate to overlook Cox and Enright has high footy IQ).

Chris Newman
Daniel Giansiracusa
Nathan Buckley
Hayden Skipworth
Dean cox

good level headed call bruz, we clearly need a fresh start, but who gets the top job is another thing. I think Simmo stays because of this..

When you look at the side that played today, it's pretty hard to say that we're a side looking to develop youngsters with an eye to the future.

Preserving with older, experienced players that don't don't offer anything beyond this year only serves to to stem the magnitude of losses. This is a coach and match commitee accepting a loss as given and trying to keep it as tight as possible to hang on as long as possible.

It's pretty clear that he knows he's gone too, it's why he's not planning on developing the kids.

Last edited:

Chris Newman
Daniel Giansiracusa
Nathan Buckley
Hayden Skipworth
Dean cox

I'm actually digging that Enright suggestion. He's got the footy brain we need and I reckon would thrive at our club, with that opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can’t stay. He’s destroying the club.
I also agree with this. I hope the big bucks on the board can get something done for a big fish. Worst case even a coxy coming in underdone will make us rally behind the club and put some doubts at ease. Come home deano

He can’t stay. He’s destroying the club.
Waterman is a perfect example of why Simpson needs to go. He has basically played his whole career out of position until injury forced a role change. That is literally the only reason we found out he is one of the top couple of forwards in the competition.

Allen returns and instead of trying to work out a long term fit for our future Allen and Waterman forwardline, he priorities getting Darling to 300 games. In doing so he again forces Waterman into a nothing role and our forwardline too tall and unbalanced. Massive respect to Darling but he is done, no one is going to think less of his career if he falls a few games short. All this is doing is setting back our development and increasing our chances of losing Waterman elsewhere.

Last edited:
Simmo wouldn't be human if he really did want to keep going at this point. I am sure he wants to just be sacked, get his pay out, move on and wash his hands of it all. Thats not a dig at him. I think anybody in his situation would feel the same way. He knows he won't be getting another contract no matter what so it is just a matter of at what point between now and the end of next season he gets sacked. So why would you want to keep going and eat more s*** for more s*** performances every week?

He knows he has lost control of the playing group to a certain extent. I am not saying they hate him, but i think the discipline of thoughts and actions has clearly gone and will likely take a new coach to get that back in line. He must be just hoping hope every Monday morning he gets summoned to Pyke's office to get his pink slip and be free of it all. Thats why he behaves the way he does at pressers and looks like he just doesn't feel anything at all regarding the results anymore.

Sumich mentioned the bloke who is in charge of the High Performance Program at the club as being another who should walk the plank - Gavin Bell. I had forgtten that name. But i agree with that. Lets make a change in that area aswell.

Waterman is a perfect example of why Simpson needs to go. He has basically played his whole career out of position under Simpson until injury forced a role change. That is literally the only reason we found out he is one of the top couple of forwards in the competition.

Allen returns and instead of trying to work out a long term fit for our future Allen and Waterman forwardline, he priorities getting Darling to 300 games. In doing so he again forces Waterman into a nothing role and our forwardline too tall and unbalanced. Massive respect to Darling but he is done, no one is going to think less of his career if he falls a few games short. All this is doing is setting back our development and increasing our chances of losing Waterman elsewhere.
The same Jake Waterman that played five seasons with Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling and Oscar Allen, yeah? That Jake Waterman needed the retirement of the greatest goalkicker in club history to retire to find his way to his natural position.

I don't disagree with the Darling thing but let's not rewrite history to suit a narrative. If anything, Waterman's career highlights that we need to look ahead with the likes of Maric and Archer Reid and be realistic about where they fit in the side in 3-4 years and either develop them accordingly or use them to build the list in areas of need.

With respect to Simpson, he was setup to fail, given a dirty chalice so to speak.

He wasn’t given the commission to build a finals team ultimately aiming for a premiership but just to be a kind of caretaker coach who took the heat of failed years so it didn’t fall on a new coach.

But this has been a massive fail. He’s wandered around aimlessly for three years and hasn’t developed a new list at all.
He didn’t have a real job and he has acted accordingly. We are probably still where we were in 2021 with a few young players blooded.

Nisbett and the board are just as much at fault as Simpson.

We need to change direction and appoint a coach who has the chance to develop a real team which is trying to aim for a flag not one that is just flopping around helplessly not knowing what they are doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back