Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following at a distance and I know it’s been mentioned before… but can someone answer me… why wouldn’t Simmo play the kids in a rebuild?

It baffles me we give game time to legacy players that just are good, is it personnel? Is it game plan? I have got a feeling it’s a trust issue, He doesn’t trust the talent of our younger players.
He backs in the senior players and sees them as the way to save his job.

My brother from another mother, you took my quote out of context, you missed out my earlier post:

"He's had success follow him, as a player and assistant coach with us, coach at South Freo, and developing WA talent."

I'm making the point his "supporting" coach record stacks up and deserved a senior coaching gig as much as any assistant coach does, but his unique way of speaking and inability to filter his thoughts, prevented him from getting the gig.

I would have loved to see him get a go and tell it like it is. But as someone else also said, his time has passed.
No worries. Missed the context 👍

You guys talk like you know him personally and have axe to grind of your own.

Sumich is a very good coach apprently.
Took Souths to a flag. Multiple honor's with west coast including an assistant in 2006 flag.
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves talking about a club great like this.

I wouldn't mind him as coach at all.

Right now he would do a far better job that lost simmo.

He never took South Fremantle to a flag mate.

Been following at a distance and I know it’s been mentioned before… but can someone answer me… why wouldn’t Simmo play the kids in a rebuild?

It baffles me we give game time to legacy players that just are good, is it personnel? Is it game plan? I have got a feeling it’s a trust issue, He doesn’t trust the talent of our younger players.
Maybe the powers that be know they are just not good enough?

Maybe the powers that be know they are just not good enough?
The club is better off playing the young players and seeing if they are good enough. If they have proven they aren't (like many seniors have in the last couple years) get rid of them to open up a spot for someone who may be good enough.

Every young player on the list should be given minimum (pending injury) 5 full games (no sub rubbish) this year in their natural position

I dunno, to me those stats are the definition of workrate being the issue.

Melb got a ~ 5% bump in their efforts on defence, our 5% extra is put in on offence.

The work rate and desire to work hard defensively just isn’t there regularly enough (would be interesting to see the stats for Q1, although we were defending for so much of the qtr it may be far too skewed).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good point, I'd be curious to see how coaches view work rate - I saw it as a small difference, but you're right 5% off can be telling.

It probably also points to other issues though - sure we're running hard and covering distance, but are we making good decisions, are we applying the game plan, are we making 1%ers

Did anybody else notice how he completely changed tack during his presser yesterday? For years he insisted there was no need for a rebuild (and in fact refusing to even use the word) and insisting the list was fine and it was just Covid and injuries that were holding him back from good results. He literally blamed everything on Covid and injuries and none of it was his fault.

And yesterday he scoffed at a reporter in the presser "I don't know what you were expecting but we won a wooden spoon last year". That is a total 180. Now that he has had a fit list and failed to get the vastly improved results he predicted he says (in effect) that it is still not his fault because the list is crap and we have all been over rating it.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves talking about a club great like this.
Who are you, the club morals police? Look at the dirt that gets dished on our players and Simpson day in-day out, no shame there?
I'm not that invested in any sport or club that I should feel shame talking about them - that's sheepsville. I'm only stating the obvious that he talks poorly, it's not a put down, it's a fact...and he could improve that if he felt it held him back. Most ex sports players in media have had some training in speech and presentation.
I also wouldn't want him as a coach regardless.

Who are you, the club morals police? Look at the dirt that gets dished on our players and Simpson day in-day out, no shame there?
I'm not that invested in any sport or club that I should feel shame talking about them - that's sheepsville. I'm only stating the obvious that he talks poorly, it's not a put down, it's a fact...and he could improve that if he felt it held him back. Most ex sports players in media have had some training in speech and presentation.
Haha nice one mate.

Maybe Hardwick needs some assistance then yeah?

I don't care how much a coach talks poorly or stumbles as long as the guy can coach.

Sumich has a decent record and has good insights.

Ooooooorrrrr we can stay with simmo who talks wonderfully in press conferences but has decimated the club.

Take your pick 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha nice one mate.

Maybe Hardwick needs some assistance then yeah?

I don't care how much a coach talks poorly or stumbles as long as the guy can coach.

Sumich has a decent record and has good insights.

Ooooooorrrrr we can stay with simmo who talks wonderfully in press conferences but has decimated the club.

Take your pick 👍
Bully for you! That's your opinion and your welcome to it.
Sumich is not for me full stop.
Ooooorrrr we could have another coach who is not Simmo or Sumich, I know it's a difficult concept to get your head around?

Bully for you! That's your opinion and your welcome to it.
Sumich is not for me full stop.
Ooooorrrr we could have another coach who is not Simmo or Sumich, I know it's a difficult concept to get your head around?
Lol I never said it was sumich or Simpson and nobody else.

Run along little child.

Listening to SEN now and a listener wrote in to say that the Eagles board members are arriving at Mineral Resources park....

Make of that what you will.

May be nothing in it.

Likely another late lunch meeting.

Listening to SEN now and a listener wrote in to say that the Eagles board members are arriving at Mineral Resources park....

Make of that what you will.

May be nothing in it.
Total collection of losers. If they had been hiding in a bunker for the last 3 years and we had missed out as a club on whatever the collective work output from them has been over that period would we even notice and would the club be in any worse position than it is now? They should all resign.

our list manager has been here since the start of this season

it was nissy before then who has already departed

His first day:

pizza fire GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back