Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

6054a8ace15020135cdd02ea321acb1dc649774cef5eddc1b90d0420c9edd44e_1.jpg

But we didn't continue that form

And now it looks like he might not even see the season out. Hars to argue it wasn't an error if he doesnt
Which coach would have taken the job at the end of last year? We were still not out of the injury crisis, with multiple years of rebuilding to go. Hardly an attractive prospect if they want to have a long career as head coach

All these journos from Caro to Duffield to Ryan Daniels are all sticking the boot into Simpson now and are speaking very clearly as though the club has told them off the record that Simpson is going to be axed. They are phrasing their commentary as though they have been told this as opposed to it being their personal opinion. And in the case of Duffield and Daniels, they are notorious fence sitters who would not have written the articles they have and made the comments they have without back up and confirmation from the club hierarchy.

This needs to stop. Treat Simpson with some respect and act with a bit of integrity. If you are going to slag him off in off the record conversations with journos then at least do him the courtesy of sacking him first. And even after that you should refrain from slagging him off to the media. Just sack him and move on and leave the pontificating to the commentariat.

I understand what they are doing - preparing the supporter base for his sacking and trying to frame the issue in a way that minimises negative reactions from fans who are on the fence about him. But this is going too far. Either sack him and then make your comments about him to the media or shut up, stop leaking against him and let him coach out the season.

Which coach would have taken the job at the end of last year? We were still not out of the injury crisis, with multiple years of rebuilding to go. Hardly an attractive prospect if they want to have a long career as head coach

There's only 18 head coaching jobs in total, and very rarely any available. Add that we're one of the biggest and richest clubs in the country. We'd have people lining up for the job whenever it became available

It doesn't really matter because we did keep him on, but if he doesn't even last another year then it was a mistake. I'm not sure why this gets knickers in a knot tbh

Say what you will but if Caro is that convinced, he is gone.

Whilst I am not convinced Culley is any good (it’s more that we want him to be good), clay hall should be getting a game at very least.

gaff as emergency is a joke beyond jokes. He is the only player Simpson has “dropped” that is over 26. I’m guessing but you get the point.

Gaff, darling and Sheed should not be getting another game. Jack Williams is at very least matching darling. Which means darling should be out.

Cripps I can understand keeping him as he at least runs all day. Someone has to chase.

Only one of rotham and witherden should be playing at most. I’d almost add cole to that. He has those that love him but his bad positioning is what causes issues and then we clap him when he chases that player down. Great role player in a top team that doesn’t have a smaller defender. He is OK at best.

Jamaine jones plunked forward or own (only because he is small and fast and our list doesn’t have many). His task is to chase and tackle. Only him or Tom Cole in the team if he is seen as back man.

Ginbey is just turned into a tagger. Tell Kelly to bemore accountable or piss him off on wing or HF.

Yeo…ok his dad died but before that, he goes missing at start of games. How often have 20mins gone and he has 2 possessions? A lot

Let’s hope Reid stops playing for frees and learns to tackle.

We couldn’t sack him last year - we’d have blown the soft cap and paid punitive extras

Sacking him now gets us Schofield or Knights till the end of the season, and neither of those is appealing.

I’d wait, and in the meantime get in the ear of our preferred applicants. Hopefully not just ex-Eagles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We couldn’t sack him last year - we’d have blown the soft cap and paid punitive extras

Sacking him now gets us Schofield or Knights till the end of the season, and neither of those is appealing.

I’d wait, and in the meantime get in the ear of our preferred applicants. Hopefully not just ex-Eagles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
When simmo goes, knights and Schofield will go too. I suspect an entire clean out all the way down to development coaches. It won't just be Simmons voice the players aren't responding to.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

If anyone doesn't watch Schoeys podcast, backchat, I'd highly recommend it. Given he was apart of the club for just as long as simmo, he has some great unbiased insights.
Given his rivalry between him and simmo, I was personally expecting a more logical critique of his role in the current performance. But he has honestly been saying everything but simmo is to blame currently, highlighting the lack of accountability on the board who gave out the contract, not having a list manager.

Although he did point out a perceived lack of an environment that fosters accountability and name and shame tactics to keep players performing to their contract.

Worth a listen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these journos from Caro to Duffield to Ryan Daniels are all sticking the boot into Simpson now and are speaking very clearly as though the club has told them off the record that Simpson is going to be axed. They are phrasing their commentary as though they have been told this as opposed to it being their personal opinion. And in the case of Duffield and Daniels, they are notorious fence sitters who would not have written the articles they have and made the comments they have without back up and confirmation from the club hierarchy.

This needs to stop. Treat Simpson with some respect and act with a bit of integrity. If you are going to slag him off in off the record conversations with journos then at least do him the courtesy of sacking him first. And even after that you should refrain from slagging him off to the media. Just sack him and move on and leave the pontificating to the commentariat.

I understand what they are doing - preparing the supporter base for his sacking and trying to frame the issue in a way that minimises negative reactions from fans who are on the fence about him. But this is going too far. Either sack him and then make your comments about him to the media or shut up, stop leaking against him and let him coach out the season.
I love the hypothetical scenarios you dream and present as fact, highly entertaining.

An underrated element in the wheel seemingly turning among the players, is that if you're a player and you see all these Club changes - fitness, medical, CEO etc - and all those changes seem to producing positive outcomes, you must start looking at the head coach and think, 'maybe change isn't such a bad thing'.

Could never accuse them of acting timely and they practically had to be dragged but the changes are ultimately looking well made. The most important one yet to go, pray they don't **** it up.

Would I be right in saying g now that there are so many voices now talking Simpson being sacked that it is actually happening whether it's now or the end of the year?

Say what you will but if Caro is that convinced, he is gone.

Whilst I am not convinced Culley is any good (it’s more that we want him to be good), clay hall should be getting a game at very least.

gaff as emergency is a joke beyond jokes. He is the only player Simpson has “dropped” that is over 26. I’m guessing but you get the point.

Gaff, darling and Sheed should not be getting another game. Jack Williams is at very least matching darling. Which means darling should be out.

Cripps I can understand keeping him as he at least runs all day. Someone has to chase.

Only one of rotham and witherden should be playing at most. I’d almost add cole to that. He has those that love him but his bad positioning is what causes issues and then we clap him when he chases that player down. Great role player in a top team that doesn’t have a smaller defender. He is OK at best.

Jamaine jones plunked forward or own (only because he is small and fast and our list doesn’t have many). His task is to chase and tackle. Only him or Tom Cole in the team if he is seen as back man.

Ginbey is just turned into a tagger. Tell Kelly to bemore accountable or piss him off on wing or HF.

Yeo…ok his dad died but before that, he goes missing at start of games. How often have 20mins gone and he has 2 possessions? A lot

Let’s hope Reid stops playing for frees and learns to tackle.
Caro said he was gone last year as well.

Having said that, I don't even think JL can save him now.

When simmo goes, knights and Schofield will go too. I suspect an entire clean out all the way down to development coaches. It won't just be Simmons voice the players aren't responding to.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Simmo goes midseason, pretty sure the assistants won't, at least until the end of the year.

Don't care either way ....we're going to get flogged in a few games regardless , been a tough 3 years at least . Not all Simmo's fault needed stronger actions sooner though .
Why isn't it his fault? A lot of rewriting history. The injury crisis was completely on the club. If simpson had his way, then the same old boys club would have been running the performance management.

He can resign anytime he wants to. He's the one holding the club to ransom over his future pay while underperforming, can't blame the club for starting to manage him out.

Caro said he was gone last year as well.

Having said that, I don't even think JL can save him now.

JL still has no idea why cricketers didn’t want him as coach. His ability to effectively see what’s going on is not the best. He is very loyal to his neighbour, give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back