Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty stark difference between sooking it up and struggling without a support network with multiple young, autistic children.

However, when the news broke that a senior player was one of the "texters" I must admit he was my first thought.

Body language has been shocking this year. Chooses when to go. Looks like he's got his back up about something. No longer "the man" with Yeoy firing and Reid in the team. I turned the game off at QT on the weekend after watching some of his efforts. I have watched every game in full for the past few seasons, except the one on the weekend and some random Tigers game a season or two ago that we were putrid. So that should say something..
I missed something. What is this about texts?

Mate I’d have said honest but then you’d have said there was a cover up, and I’d have said he had yellow on his polo and you’d have said it’s really more of a gold.

Be reasonable.

A fantastic presser for Simmo who showed to the very last a great deal of integrity, of respect for the club, of relief, of proper emotion, had a little clip when he thought he could but didn’t seem even 1% bitter, was self depreciating to get a laugh but also honest about shortcomings.

I get you hate the direction of the club but just spare me the pantomime outrage about the press conference sacking the coach you’ve screamed to be sacked for years.
You could go 1 post without putting words in my mouth that I never said

I never said it wasnt a fantastic presser by Simmo and he wasnt respectful etc. I think the higher ups who trotted him out right away on the other hand might not have done the right thing here.

Not 1 person would be annoyed or thinking its a cover up if they announced it then had press conference tomorrow. I think thats just hyperbole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really dignified exit from Simmo, handled himself very well in the circumstances. Loved how he called out Woodcock and the fact that the rest of the presser was very measured attaches even more weight to it. The players applause said it all.

One line: “I love Perth and I love footy”. Sounded like a shout out to Freo to me and wouldn’t surprise if he’s an assistant coach there next year. Doubt he’ll move back over east with his youngest still in school and the other kids no doubt forging their own paths.

Sitting on centre wing watching us win the grand final at the MCG in 2018 will go down as one of the greatest experiences I’ll have. The Preliminary final the week before against Melbourne was the greatest joy I’ve ever felt watching a game of footy in my life and I doubt will ever be surpassed. Booking the tickets to Melbourne at half time knowing you’re playing in the grand final and just enjoying the second half instead of worrying.

2014-2024
Almost 11 years as senior coach
1 flag
2 GFs
6 finals series

Would I have taken that when Woosha stepped down?

You’re damn right I would have.

Thanks Simmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back