Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmo has to go NOW you waste time and risk losing players permanently (ie Reid) if you keep him around.

Better to get rid of him, put the players on notice, see who responds and who doesn't (for remainder of season) trade out those who don't, or at least move on as many as possible. Need to make some ruthless decisions (eg trade Duggan).

Simmo has to go NOW you waste time and risk losing players permanently (ie Reid) if you keep him around.

Better to get rid of him, put the players on notice, see who responds and who doesn't (for remainder of season) trade out those who don't, or at least move on as many as possible. Need to make some ruthless decisions (eg trade Duggan).
Yup agree

We’d won five games across the last two years, looking like crap but also fielding WAFL sides at times. The intent to do things differently was on display right from the start this year, even in the larger losses early. It was clear we were taking it on, had runners from behind and just couldn’t connect that last kick. But there was something to it, you could see the thinking behind it all, and it was going to click eventually.

Then we had a month or so with three six goals wins. Unreal. Contested footy back on the menu. Thought that was the corner turned. Still bottom four, talent is what it is, but at least there was a new look and some drive to the gameplan, and we could expect to turn up and have a red hot crack (particularly at home). I’ll even forgive the blowouts away - we know we’re pretty far off the pace so build your home form first. Makes sense to me.

That was as disjointed a performance as I’ve seen, with close to if not definitively our best 22 over the last three years. Hawks are red hot, but they shouldn’t be so untouchable we can’t chain a few link up kicks together, or win the odd centre clearance.

That might be it. For all the ranting and raving people do when we get beaten by more talented sides, that was one where you just go yeah that’s probably it. An acceptance more than any rage.

Loved your work Simmo. Two Grand Finals, a flag and shitload of wins. The assistant coach narrative is patently false, you’ve been a stellar coach for this club with multiple different people alongside you in the box, and the consistent in all of the success was you. But that’ll do us I reckon.

No instability does not help. Instability causes issue. End of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Detroit Tigers Time GIF by MLB

If anything, we’re surely at a stage where the players need to know that their performances matter. If Simmo can’t get them up and about, then they need to see the club be ruthless. Make them work for their pay checks.

I was in the save Simmo camp. Now firmly believe we need new eyes over it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had the best team we have had available all year on the field.
We had one long term injury on the injury list.
We had Yeo to play for.
We had redemption for previous losses at home against bottom 4 teams to play for.

And Simmo delivers players with...
Zero Energy
Zero Effort
Zero Tactical changes
Didn't even bother to come down to the bench
Gave excuses pre-game

I was fine letting him coach more after the many seasons with injuries but today sealed it for me. He's tapped for ideas and tapped for ways to energise the group. If he had any sense he would do a Worsfold, call a presser and walk.
However, I feel he'll make the club push him out.

Thought we did the right thing retaining Simpson throughout the past few disastrous seasons, and still think that was the right call. No point blooding a new coach in what was obviously a complete write-off of a situation with our injuries and list position. Whether Simpson could come out the other side and guide us to our next push was always questionable. Given the past month's performances I think the writing is on the wall now.

Thanks Simmo. You've been a great coach and seen success. You've been a steady night watchman the past couple of years in the choas. But it's probably best for all parties now to begin the exit process. Whether that is before season's end or at end of year should be decided based on how we get the best possible replacement through a selection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back