Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of an era. Sadly it came time to part ways. I didn't get to see the presser due to work and now can't find it anywhere. I hope its posted by the club at some point. If anyone comes across it i'd appreciate if they could give me a heads up.

Cheers.

can someone please start a new thread for us to properly analyse the BWilliamsGate situation
I think Trumpster is on it:

There was clearly a second g’day man. Are you expecting me to believe the Simmo g’day passed through Bailey’s neck and into Harley’s chest, went through his right wrist, and embedded itself in Harley’s left thigh. If so, this G’day traversed a back brace, 15 layers of clothing, seven layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches (38 cm) of muscle tissue, and pulverized 4 inches (10 cm) of Harley’s rib, and shattered his radius.

It’s not possible for one “g’day” to cause such damage.

At least if Dean Cox accepts the role Chad Warner is a real chance to come with him

Exactly.

If the club even mentions Jamie Graham as a potential replacement, I may have an aneurism.

Nothing against the bloke, but we need a change in approach, not another nice guy.

We need a coach who has done his apprenticeship WELL under a champion no-bullshit, straight-shooting coach like John Longmire. The fact that Cox is a premiership player for West Coast is a nice cherry on top, and there’s a bit of romance in the thought that Cox could build a premiership team and follow on Woosha’s footsteps.

A large number of players need to be put on immediate notice and should probably be guided into their 2025 pre-season preparations now.

Cox has been watching Longmire crack the whip hard for years.

Cox is 100% the play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Classy press conference from Simmo. Classy guy all round.

Thanks for the contribution to the club, you will always be a premiership coach of the club.

Seems to all be handled ok, except for the ridiculous part of asking him to coach this weekend.

Onwards and upwards now as the long climb back can start.

I think Trumpster is on it:

There was clearly a second g’day man. Are you expecting me to believe the Simmo g’day passed through Bailey’s neck and into Harley’s chest, went through his right wrist, and embedded itself in Harley’s left thigh. If so, this G’day traversed a back brace, 15 layers of clothing, seven layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches (38 cm) of muscle tissue, and pulverized 4 inches (10 cm) of Harley’s rib, and shattered his radius.

It’s not possible for one “g’day” to cause such damage.
Elite 😂😂😂
Back & to the left???

Respectful and raw are not really words you put together

A part of being respectful is not letting someone go into a situation where they are raw and emotional...

Can you also leave with Simmo?

Seems like you have a problem with everything the club does so maybe you should move on and support someone else…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.

If the club even mentions Jamie Graham as a potential replacement, I may have an aneurism.

Nothing against the bloke, but we need a change in approach, not another nice guy.

We need a coach who has done his apprenticeship WELL under a champion no-bullshit, straight-shooting coach like John Longmire. The fact that Cox is a premiership player for West Coast is a nice cherry on top, and there’s a bit of romance in the thought that Cox could build a premiership team and follow on Woosha’s footsteps.

A large number of players need to be put on immediate notice and should probably be guided into their 2025 pre-season preparations now.

Cox has been watching Longmire crack the whip hard for years.

Cox is 100% the play.

Graham is the last bloke we should look at..

Simmo was always ahead of Woosha in terms of a coach but you have to say at the end of the day Woosha came out on top. Simmo was the better tactican but Woosha was the better motivator,
Malthouse and Worsfold were both better coaches and left far better legacies.

Malthouse implanted professionalism, contested footy and team defence on our culture. Legend.

Worsfold picked that back up, took us to a flag and when his squad disintegrated in 2007 he still took it close to another flag. Worsfolds last 6 years he turned over a bunch of players, recruited well and developed a whole new premiership list. When we were at rock bottom he took shit for having his players play man on man, but in doing so he imprinted accountability. We never lost our onfield culture while Worsfold was there. Did it against headwinds as well. Simpsons Covid was Worsfolds drug crisis difference being Worsfold held us together.

Simpson took Worsfolds list and implemented a possession brand of football that took AFL by surprise. We had by far the best talls in the league and we were able to dominate possession through our kick mark game. HOWEVER that was also our downfall. That gameplan took us away from our historic strengths of contested footy and team defence. After 2018 we mounted a soft premiership defence, backed that up with a shocking 2020 and the rest is history. Covid had exposed how far up our own arses our players had been allowed to go. Our professionalisim cratered and injuries followed. We traded and drafted abysmally and of those we did get we haven't developed them. Now we head into uncharted territory...

Pretty remarkable that Simmo finished with barely a 50% win ratio and Worsfold finished with 53%. Simmo was always ahead of Woosha in terms of a coach but you have to say at the end of the day Woosha came out on top. Simmo was the better tactican but Woosha was the better motivator, I don't think anyone was sending texts at the end of his run.
You can't blame the coach for that...it's the players and injuries and covid....oh sorry we are past this in the discussion arent we. My bad.

I missed the press conference. Is it worth trying to rewatch or would it just be cringe as hell? I feel depressed

Go well, Simmo.

Disagreed with his leadership decisions over the last few years but you can not fault his dedication, will and love for his players. On one hand it is exciting to see what the club can do now with a fresh voice in his spot, but we are losing a statesman of the club. A bittersweet day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back