Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering there's the possibility one of those guys was Reid...no, that would not have been a smart move.
Besides they didn't leak it to the media, a former player did
Weren't those texts supposed to have been sent to someone who used to be part of the club? That person, when asked by The West, said that 3 players had texted them.

Probably unlikely Reid would now them let alone be texting them...

Weren't those texts supposed to have been sent to someone who used to be part of the club? That person, when asked by The West, said that 3 players had texted them.

Probably unlikely Reid would now them let alone be texting them...
Yeah but they also said some were younger players....so assuming it was someone like Schofield, he's just as likely to know Reid as any of the recent draftees.
Either way I don't really think the players did anything wrong, people talk, that's just life

Hi Mitch, Aaron and Jakeb. Hope you're having a lovely evening scouring these threads looking for content.

If you want the really A grade clickbait material, I'd recommend following Dark Sharks, he's basically like this boards version of The Fonze.

And what I mean is he's a 45 year old man that carries a comb in his pocket and likes hanging out with highschool kids.
And he always skips leg day.

Laugh No Cillian Murphy GIF by PBS SoCal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do like that people are talking about the media not treating people with respect, muckraking, baseless speculation, and then this thread has page after page of speculation about hypothetical text messages from hypothetical players, and frame-by-frame breakdown of a one second interaction.

Apologies for the intrusion, but just listened to that clip.

Fresh ears & all that, but I get “You’ll have your say”

In reference to what I have no idea. New coach? his sacking? The general situation?
But I think it’s more to do with internal conversations than a public comment.

Jako takes a pot shot!

Speaking to 6PR Mornings on Tuesday, West Coast legend Glen Jakovich took aim at the club’s Board, calling for them to resign.

“The development of some of the players is just way too far behind some of the other teams in the competition, it’s quite evident.

“They’re a substandard club at the minute.

“(The West Coast Board) should be standing in front of that press conference and handing in their ties and club badges. They made this mess, they endorsed it. We all saw it last year. They need to stand down effective immediately.

“They all have to go … it’s an embarrassment.

“They need to take accountability.”

“The development of some of the players is just way too far behind some of the other teams in the competition, it’s quite evident.“They’re a substandard club at the minute.

heres the link (with clip) for anyone that cares.

I personally dont hear it that way "your" doesnt sound right.

So Harley did what the board couldn't & most of us on here wanted to do......

Anyway, where has the video come from is what I'd like to know.

daisy pearce giving herself whiplash to turn around & see who Simmo said that too tells us all we need to know about what was said

Apologies for the intrusion, but just listened to that clip.

Fresh ears & all that, but I get “You’ll have your say”

In reference to what I have no idea. New coach? his sacking? The general situation?
But I think it’s more to do with internal conversations than a public comment.
For god sakes get a good professional headphone. He said you'll have the same. Playing that audio through your phone is useless

I do like that people are talking about the media not treating people with respect, muckraking, baseless speculation, and then this thread has page after page of speculation about hypothetical text messages from hypothetical players, and frame-by-frame breakdown of a one second interaction.
Remember the toilet roll situation during Covid mate? Nothing should surprise

Big day for the club and as much as I was a big fan of Simpson, it was the right call. He was unlikely to be backed in to coach next year and once that was made clear to him by Pyke on Monday afternoon the mutual decision to part ways was made

I think he would’ve been prepared to go on next year but knowing that was no longer an option, he wasn’t prepared to go through another two months of rampant speculation. You could see the disappointment in his face but also a degree of relief

As usual, Simpson conducted himself with dignity throughout the press conference and stayed loyal to the club and gave a poignant drive by to the west Australian. It’s wishful thinking that they’ll reflect on their modus operandi unfortunately

As for Pyke, he at least made it a swift kill. Saw what needed to be done and did it with a minimum of fuss without telegraphing it to the media beforehand

He did seem a touch nervous to open the press conference and fumbled the coaching a farewell game bit before settling down to be more confident thereafter

I’ll miss him as our coach even if he did effectively tell me to piss off when I was watching a closed training session early in 2020 before Covid was a thing

Go well Simmo and thanks for all you did, but especially 2018 which was my favourite year as an Eagles fan

Quotes a News.com artical and claims it as proof that the overall vibe from the rest of the footy world is that the conference was a debacle.
Mate, everyone on this board can plainly see you are a grade A fkwit, you dont need to push your case any harder.
It was probably the most respectful sacking of a coach we've ever seen
How anyone gets 'debacle' out of that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back