Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is abundantly clear that there are two competing situations at the moment.

1. There is the type of game style Simmo and his planners want the team to play.

2. There is the capabilities of the squad to play certain styles.

The two are miles apart.

A new coach will have the advantage of not being tied to a game style that they have sold to everyone making decisions.

A new coach will have the opportunity to mould a game style to the list in front of them.

The sooner that happens, the sooner we work out which players have a future.

I actually think there is a fair bit of over-coaching going on with the game style (notwithstanding the point that quite possibly the style is wrong for the players we have).

When we had our competitive patch it was around empowering players to win the basic stats on the ground (clearances, CPs, ground ball, tackles, I50’s).

Now, statistically in some of those areas yesterday we were OK, but I also think there are a heap of players double/triple guessing what they do and slowing down decision making.

Also, Bailey Williams consistently dragging Gawn across to the down-the-line contest while we waited for it to happen only to kick there and turn it over was one of the dumbest tactics of all time. The player should know better, but coaches should also let it happen no more than once before relaying a message.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Things are really bad if even one person thinks Sumich would be a good option. There is a reason he got rejected from every coaching gig he went for.

Things are really bad if even one person thinks Sumich would be a good option. There is a reason he got rejected from every coaching gig he went for.

It's 100% coz of that Tip Top bread ad from the 90s that no one in the industry takes him seriously.

Hi guys - I come in peace.

TBH there are several hundred thousand people in WA who think Sumich would be a great option for WCE - and they all support Freo ;).

Simmo is very clearly a good coach, I was very impressed by his insight and honesty at the presser over the W/E. But it's also clear his message isn't working at the club and I guess you'll change as soon as a positive way forward becomes clear.

TBH there are several hundred thousand people in WA who think Sumich would be a great option for WCE - and they all support Freo ;).

Simmo is very clearly a good coach, I was very impressed by his insight and honesty at the presser over the W/E. But it's also clear his message isn't working at the club and I guess you'll change as soon as a positive way forward becomes clear.

Stagnation happens, end of the day he has been with the club for a very long time and it's best for all to move on and start fresh.

It is abundantly clear that there are two competing situations at the moment.

1. There is the type of game style Simmo and his planners want the team to play.

2. There is the capabilities of the squad to play certain styles.

The two are miles apart.

A new coach will have the advantage of not being tied to a game style that they have sold to everyone making decisions.

A new coach will have the opportunity to mould a game style to the list in front of them.

The sooner that happens, the sooner we work out which players have a future.
If the problem is the players aren’t skilled enough to play the game plan, you don’t dumb down the game plan. You improve the skills of the players.

If he's that good, keep Sumich on the backburner for when Longmuir has gone!
We'd want someone a lot less stale...

Sumich talks like he has a mouthful of raw broccoli....

This I reckon is the main reason he never got a senior coaching gig, plus he says what he thinks, both factors that mean our PC world wouldn't allow him to be himself.

He's had success follow him, as a player and assistant coach with us, coach at South Freo, and developing WA talent.

I don't begrudge the man having an axe to grind, because his whole life people make fun of how he talks.

This I reckon is the main reason he never got a senior coaching gig, plus he says what he thinks, both factors that mean our PC world wouldn't allow him to be himself.

He's had success follow him, as a player and assistant coach with us, coach at South Freo, and developing WA talent.

I don't begrudge the man having an axe to grind, because his whole life people make fun of how he talks.
He's a complete moron who talks absolute garbage in the media every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has an axe to grind because he thought he should have been given Simpson’s job 10+ years ago….despite bailing on the Eagles to Freo when things got shakey for Woosha.

How he talks hardly matters.

I wish Simpson would respond like Hardwick and like you're saying sumich would. Yesterday saying the club and players had to grow the **** up. He was angry.
Simpson just trots out the usual garbage...we own this.

Life's tough, cry me a river...he could help himself by improving himself and how he presents himself in the media...numerous ex coaches and footy players do just this.
Nothing wrong with a warts n' all approach, except if it's working against you?

and he is an idiot with emotional issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back