Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys not supporting him are likely players on the outer. Sheed, Rotham, Trew. Possibly Hall and Burgiel.
Hall? He’s a first year player who has put up decent but not spectacular numbers in the WAFL. If he was complaining about the coach not picking him (and I don’t for a second think he is), I’d be leaving him out for the rest of the season just to temper the sense of entitlement.

Isn’t necessarily going to be players who aren’t being selected

once the media starts speculating that Reid is one of the disgruntled players, it’d be curtains for Simpo you’d think

If the player/s are currently in the 22 then they have minimal reason to complain given must in here want mass omissions every Thursday.

I'm keen to revisit this week at years end when we see where Hawthorn actually finish. Outside of a quarter v Port, they've been fantastic the last couple of months.

I am amazed at the people who want to sink the boots in when the club, players and Coaches actually need support.
Like a crowd of people standing around someone on the ground and queuing up to sink the slipper.
Respect people, show some respect FFS.

Took three years of shit for me to concede Simmo's time is up. Gave him all the time in the world with injuries and covid and so on and so forth.

Strongest team in 3 years and we rolled over without firing a shot. Gameplan is shit, team selection is shit, lost at home to Norf and St Kilda. He's lost the players, lost the supporters, and lost me.

Last edited:
It says STAR

On Blade A3 SE using BigFooty.com mobile app
The term 'Star' is thrown around very easily in sports journalism in this country. It's probably Witherden or Rotham, regularly in the 22 and not 1-3 year players so for sensationalism sake they're SENIOR STARS

I am amazed at the people who want to sink the boots in when the club, players and Coaches actually need support.
Like a crowd of people standing around someone on the ground and queuing up to sink the slipper.

50000 (me included) rock up every week despite the absolute pile of crap they've served up for 3 years, there's plenty of support

Thinking the coach has been there too long and the place needs a new voice isn't being disrespectful either

I like the keep a running tally since our win vs Richmond at Optus in 2021.

We are 10-59 since then. North are 9-61 since then and they drew with GWS in the same round (it was during the bye rounds hence North have an extra game there). We went 2-7 the rest of the season and North 3-7, including beating us at home

In 2022 we had a % of 59, North 55. In 2023 we had a % of 53 And North 71. This season looked brighter until North beat us at home again and started looking competitive, coinciding with us falling into a heap again.

We've had more 100+ beltings than I care to remember during 22/23.

We are comparable to North at this point. A once proud and still strong club is at the levels of a team that should've been shipped off to GC or Tasmania years ago. My main point is, somehow we've had the same coach through all of this when most other sporting leagues would've kicked him out during 2022. I am of the thought that he should've been moved along at the end of last season even with the early improvments this season.

Please Simmo, just leave us be at the of this season.

Took threw years of shit for me to concede Simmo's time is up. Gave him all the time in the world with injuries and covid and so on and so forth.

Strongest team in 3 years and we rolled over without firing a shot. Gameplan is shit, team selection is shit, lost at home to Norf and St Kilda. He's lost the players, lost the supporters, and lost me.
I think what solidified this thought pattern for most is the typical last quarter changes that should have happened in the second and of course worked.
Or getting out coached by Ross ****ing Lyon at home and getting pumped by the spooners for three quarters.

Not to mention the horrible team selection accountability.

If those two games that we should have won with the cohort we had, then the narrative is different given we met expectations.

Well "senior star" narrows it down to about.....

Kelly
Yeo
Allan
Barrass
McGovern

On Blade A3 SE using BigFooty.com mobile app
would never be these guys.

will be senior players on the outer (sheed, gaff) and guys on the fringe that cant get a game and frustrated with lack of opportunity (trew, Hedwards...even down to players like culley)

You’re one of the reasons the club is a ****ing mess, tough decisions have needed to be made and your weak apathetic approach is a huge part of the problem, too many people like you!
Simpo needs to be gone ASAP!

Took three years of shit for me to concede Simmo's time is up. Gave him all the time in the world with injuries and covid and so on and so forth.

Me too, I finally got sick of him at the end of last year. Got my hopes up with our good run of form around May but he's back to the same old stale chip. I'm amazed how many on here are still supporting him.

He's not taking us through to our next stint into the top 4, so it's better to get rid of him now so a young coach can grow with the team. The last thing you want is to change coaches when your squad has matured, as it always takes a coach a season or two to really hit their straps.

Looks like we have found one member of the eagles theme song choir.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the player/s are currently in the 22 then they have minimal reason to complain given must in here want mass omissions every Thursday.

I'm keen to revisit this week at years end when we see where Hawthorn actually finish. Outside of a quarter v Port, they've been fantastic the last couple of months.

There would be more to it than simply getting a regular game.

Other contributing factors like internal relationships between coaches and the squad and within the squad itself. There would be cliches and factions that have their own differing views on game plans, directions, selections and the overall trajectory of where the club is going.

Guys like Barrass and McGovern (as previously mentioned) being expected to carry a greater burden because the game plan is shit for example would be well within their rights to feeling aggrieved.

You’re one of the reasons the club is a ****ing mess, tough decisions have needed to be made and your weak apathetic approach is a huge part of the problem, too many people like you!
And you think all your jumping up and down will change things? WC will do what it has always done, same as whoosh, same as Malthouse. We love them when they are winning and don't support them when they are losing. Rinse and repeat.
All you are doing is giving yourself an Ulcer.

And you think all your jumping up and down will change things? WC will do what it has always done, same as whoosh, same as Malthouse. We love them when they are winning and don't support them when they are losing. Rinse and repeat.
All you are doing is giving yourself an Ulcer.
A football team should be building toward becoming a premiership contender or a premiership contender. After some early bright spots this season, Simpson's Eagles are neither.

I had high hopes the Eagles early season gamestyle and intent would last. It hasn't, and they've reverted back to form. It's time to thank Simpson for 2018 and part ways, because his time at West Coast is done.

50000 (me included) rock up every week despite the absolute pile of crap they've served up for 3 years, there's plenty of support

Thinking the coach has been there too long and the place needs a new voice isn't being disrespectful either
Look I get it, go back a few pages and I have said the same thing, time for Simmo to go.
Just the way people go about it is all. Reminds me of a street gang beating up the dying Eagle lying on the ground. Fcuking immature. Not including you in that either.

Meh.

back when I ran restaurants, I had a number of staff at various venues who weren't happy with me.

They were all the shit ones and I kept the good ones.

Difference is, I knew how to get the best out of them.

Simm(p)o's lost his touch.
Ok sure but was your staff’s hatred of you plastered all over national media?

Players don’t like losing and if a top player thinks the coaching is a big part of why they are losing, then they could want the coach to move on. So it could be anyone.

It's just the natural lifespan of a coaching gig. Malthouse was here for 9 years, Woosh for 11. Simmo's been here for 10 years.

You can tell the team has stagnated, we're frustrated by the lack of effort, poor gameplan, the same old excuses and selections being made. I said this is in another comment, Simmo himself said earlier this season to judge him when he has a healthy list. The list has been healthy this year, and it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back so far. So he's rightfully being judged.

There's nothing wrong with saying, we need some fresh blood, a new set of eyes, and new set of standards higher than what Simmo has right now.

The fans have been showing support. Few clubs can say they still get 50,000 fans showing up to a Sunday afternoon game after 3 years of floggings. But it's not enough to say "we'll own it" anymore. Actions speak louder than words.

Eat a Snickers mate

I've back him in all the way until last weekend. Last week showed some players arent playing in the right positions, and i suspect because the coach doesnt want to place a younger player in a role. I think the main issue we lack speed out of defense and simmo cant figure out how to place the right magnets, OR he refuses to trust some players in a role that maybe they havent trained much.

We have SOME speed - petch, hunt, johnson, ginbey hewett (Inj), rawlinson, JJ, brockman, chesser, burgeil

I get that a couple havent done enough in the wafl to elevate - burgeil rawlinson

But why we have cole witherden and rotham as our running defenders we will continue to get slaughtered by the likes of Ginnervan, Pickett, bobby hill and rotating mids with pace.

Hough Gov Barrass do there thing but then crickets.

Hunt, chesser ginbey JJ should be played down back with Petch johnson brockman on wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back