Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a straight swap for Beveridge I reckon. Both contracted to 2025 and neither likely to last beyond that. Do a deal with the AFL and no-one pays any soft cap penalty. We get an interesting season of selection's that you can be sure have nothing to do with credits [or maybe anything else] and Bulldogs players finally get the motherly love they desperately crave. I predict if the respective boards have the balls to do this the two Wests face off in the big dance next October.
Thats a terrible option. Beveridge has been a solid underperformer.

The eagles fans are the best for excuses in the history of the sport, always an excuse for us.
Better than reactive demands for sackings. And our record stands up against the clubs that indulge in that.

Look at Richmond… only had success when they backed Hardwick in and didn’t heed the calls to sack him around 2016.

Bevo has a similar record no?

Actually very similar

both have finals records of

p: 12 W: 7 L: 5

Both on exact same wins despite Simmo coaching 20 more games

Both have 1 flag and 1 losing GF

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean I was just joking around but yes, the irony is that Beveridge has a better record. Also has 2x AFL Coaches Association coach of the year awards to Simmo's 0. On the rare occasions they've gone head to head in finals you have to give the points of Bevo. I'm not sure how he managed to nullify Mitch Brown in that forward pocket but credit where it's due, he's just a master tactician.

No premierships.
They said on Fox this week Port have only won 2 finals in 10 years.

Will probably get sacked at the end of the year.
Sounds perfect.
Unlikely. Port extended his contract.

Truthfully I would love to pick the brain of the coaches/ S&C team about what they were doing with Nic at the time.

Blind Freddy could see that he was way too heavy for a guy with blown knees - it was like they were trying to turn him into a "bash n crash" ruck when that was never his style?

What was the plan there?
They’ve had a good run of games and it’s longer than anything we’ve put together lately, I’ll concede that.

Let’s see how long it lasts.
Ever since Simmo has brought back the credits in the Bank (Gaff & Sheed) and in particular when both are picked we have gone backwards in our form as both are just far too slow for the modern game. So I believe it’s time for a change of coach at seasons end - and in no particular order my preference would be Cox, Jaymie Graham or Schofield and in respect of Schofield at least he has coached in his own right albeit in a lesser league.

I mean I was just joking around but yes, the irony is that Beveridge has a better record. Also has 2x AFL Coaches Association coach of the year awards to Simmo's 0. On the rare occasions they've gone head to head in finals you have to give the points of Bevo. I'm not sure how he managed to nullify Mitch Brown in that forward pocket but credit where it's due, he's just a master tactician.
Bevo's such a weird coach.

Made 2 grand finals for one flag, won 2x coaches of the year and never finished in the top 4. Bizarre.

Ever since Simmo has brought back the credits in the Bank (Gaff & Sheed) and in particular when both are picked we have gone backwards in our form as both are just far too slow for the modern game. So I believe it’s time for a change of coach at seasons end - and in no particular order my preference would be Cox, Jaymie Graham or Schofield and in respect of Schofield at least he has coached in his own right albeit in a lesser league.
What about Ashley Hansen at Carlton ?
There big wraps on his coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo's such a weird coach.

Made 2 grand finals for one flag, won 2x coaches of the year and never finished in the top 4. Bizarre.
Once coaches start to think they are bigger than the game, they need to be moved on. Both simpson and Beveridge often take the coach press conferences to deliver and respond personally against the media. Simpson whinging about that newspaper article where he was wearing his HJ crown was just embarrassing.

Once coaches start to think they are bigger than the game, they need to be moved on. Both simpson and Beveridge often take the coach press conferences to deliver and respond personally against the media. Simpson whinging about that newspaper article where he was wearing his HJ crown was just embarrassing.

That HJs stuff was a year ago, is that the best example you can come up with?

What did he say that was embarrassing, exactly?

He got asked in an AFL press conference about the businesses and he said it was a personal issue, Nothing related to an AFL then asked the reporter " how are your business's going" Nothing wrong with that perhaps you should change your name to footy bias

footy_basis is a terrible alt-account troll. Go through their posting history - has contributed nothing other than real low level sh*t stirring. Time you guys stop reading their rubbish posts.

If they don't make finals or win one, I still reckon he'll get the flick.
Kochie doesn't seem like the type to admit the club made a mistake. He also likes money.

The question about Simpson is really an issue of does he have it in him to make the souffle rise a second time? Only people closer to the coal face can make an informed assessment of that. I think being a senior AFL coach is a very draining job. It would be pretty hard to maintain the intensity and energy required for more than 10 years and to come up with new ideas to stay ahead of things as the game evolves.

If you are CEO of a club, once somebody has been the senior coach at your club for more than 10 years and if when you ask yourself in your mind whether you think they still have the energy and intensity required and you genuinely don't know the answer then the odds are that they probably don't.

The eagles fans are the best for excuses in the history of the sport, always an excuse for us.
This will be literally only our 4th year out of finals since we won the premiership.
Im not making excuses just looking at the facts, we are tracking ok.
The only thing id do drastically differently is take Sheed out for whoever, even though the guys in the WAFL probably arent super ready for AFL. Our ideal Sheed replacement has only just started training in the last couple of weeks and should ghopefully be in the side late in the year.

This will be literally only our 4th year out of finals since we won the premiership.
Im not making excuses just looking at the facts, we are tracking ok.
The only thing id do drastically differently is take Sheed out for whoever, even though the guys in the WAFL probably arent super ready for AFL. Our ideal Sheed replacement has only just started training in the last couple of weeks and should ghopefully be in the side late in the year.

There is no need for excuses though, there is nothing wrong with saying we are not going well without offering an excuse why.

There is no need for excuses though, there is nothing wrong with saying we are not going well without offering an excuse why.
We arent going "well" but we arent going as bad as people like yourself make out. We are going fine. We are doing way better than anybody thought we would so far this year, just very inconsistent.
2021 was out first time hitting the draft, the rebuild didnt really kick in until a year later. 3 drafts lol. The kids we drafted are still kids, they need to be adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back