Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all well and good for Simmo to be credited with 2 GF appearances, but he should be equally credited with 3 seasons at the bottom of the ladder.
Just like Sheed's goal, it was 6 years ago. They both have to be judged on recent form.

They are mate, well and truly being judged on form by the fans. It's the club we are waiting to hear from.

If anyone has a spare couple of days, that's the amount of time you'd need to compile a clip of Simpson saying "no excuses" and "unacceptable" in press conferences over the last few years.
That’s one of the things that peeves me. Now that he’s run out of excuses, can we hear something different? While it won’t make much difference if he is replaced now, he should have fallen on his sword after the debacle against the hawks last Sunday.

It's all well and good for Simmo to be credited with 2 GF appearances, but he should be equally credited with 3 seasons at the bottom of the ladder.
Just like Sheed's goal, it was 6 years ago. They both have to be judged on recent form.
Look you can't blame Simpson for injuries of the last 2 years but you can credit him with the 2018 premiership and the 9 wins in the last 3 years despite those injuries.

Just like you can't blame him for the 7 losses in the hub in Queensland in 2020 but you can credit him with the wins at home we had after that.

Also in 2019 losses to Collingwood x2 and hawks at home weren't his fault it was the players hangover from the premiership.

I'm telling you this is Simpsons Jedi mind trick on a lot of the supporters and media.
He is never to blame for anything, no responsibility for any of the shit we've had to endure for the last 3+ years.
It's always the assistants or Nisbett...yep Nisbett caused us to lose 50 odd games let's get rid of him.

If anyone has a spare couple of days, that's the amount of time you'd need to compile a clip of Simpson saying "no excuses" and "unacceptable" in press conferences over the last few years.

to be fair he has always repeated himself in conferences

back in the day it used to be 'play your role' and '4 quarters'

wouldn't surprise me if the simmo we get in pressers is actually AI generated

This won’t define him at all. Just starts him off in a bad foot is all

So if Nisbett hired the coach and nothing changed results and performance wise, there’s pressure to let the coach have a chance but there’ll always be the fact that Pyke didn’t hire them.

This was the cleanest way to do it. Simpson for a year, then Pyke chooses the coach.

Why is he an idiot? I think he is unlucky that he got a job as an assistant under a sinking Simpson
There appears to be no room for nuance in this debate. Either Simpson’s an idiot whose assistants did all the work or he’s a genius and the assistants just implement his plans or everyone’s an idiot for where we are now.

I’m not invested in enough in the coach and assistant coaches because none of us know what happens behind the scenes. But if Schofield is a great coach who is unable to get his ideas past Simmo like Mitchell apparently did, maybe he’s not a good communicator. Or maybe he doesn’t have good ideas. Or maybe Simmo is a tyrant but only recently.

Or maybe the problem is more complex than just who is the head coach. That goes to those that want him gone and those that want him to stay.

Last edited:
There appears to be no room for nuance in this debate. Either Simpson’s an idiot whose assistants did all the work or he’s a genius and the assistants just implement his plans or everyone’s an idiot for where we are now.

I’m not invested in enough in the coach and assistant coaches because none of us know what happens behind the scenes. But if Schofield is a great coach who is unable to get his ideas past Simmo like Mitchell apparently did, maybe he’s not a good communicator. Or maybe he doesn’t have good ideas. Or maybe Simmo is a tyrant but only recently.

Or maybe the problem is more complex than just who is the head coach. That goes trot those that want him gone and those that want him to stay.

The whole thing would be messy and much more to it than we know. But no matter what it is we are in a terrible position with not much light in front of us.
Now we could sack all the assistants and be seen as doing something and think that might just work.
Or we can sack the man who has total responsibility for the place we are currently in and then go and appoint someone who will take on the responsibility.
Circuit breaker is required, I have not seen another club in my time alive that has a coach that is performing like Adam Simpson.

Yet not even the Melbourne media are calling for his sacking, it's unbelievable. Maybe the Vics like us down the bottom and so they think let them keep Simpson.

But still to this minute we still have media defending him and thinking it's not all on him.
It is simply not defendable now. There is not one thing that can be said that can stand up to being a defence for the Head coach.
I am guessing it will be end of year but he has to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is he an idiot? I think he is unlucky that he got a job as an assistant under a sinking Simpson

I just watched his interview with Will Schofield and I have no confidence in his ability to be a Head Coach..He wouldn’t even say what the team non negotiables involved were ..Talked about being a young team ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just listened to Oscar Allen presser today.
Some really great questions!!!

Did he own them?

Was a bit of a joke, every question he was asked he said that's a great question . It was comical.
They did ask him the normal are you behind the coach question which of course he said yes to.
He said it’s on the players. Said we were a young group, which we are not. Just normal stuff captains say all the time.

Was a bit of a joke, every question he was asked he said that's a great question . It was comical.
They did ask him the normal are you behind the coach question which of course he said yes to.
He said it’s on the players. Said we were a young group, which we are not. Just normal stuff captains say all the time.
Yeah as if Allen is going to say nah we hate the coach and wish Pyke would sack him.
😅

Yeah as if Allen is going to say nah we hate the coach and wish Pyke would sack him.
😅
So glad that Simmo and the players are ‘owning it.’

What a meaningless and hollow comment.

Don Pyke, what are you doing???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dean Cox got a bit of air on The Midweek Tackle tonight. I read a couple of posts back up a few pages where people think he’s a bit of a knob. Why is that? What is wrong with him?

I think Ossie might be a bit of a mummy’s boy.
Btw GWS, good synopsis of the Cardies. I would have done the same for the Sharks, but it’s too long….😬😬😬

The whole thing would be messy and much more to it than we know. But no matter what it is we are in a terrible position with not much light in front of us.
Now we could sack all the assistants and be seen as doing something and think that might just work.
Or we can sack the man who has total responsibility for the place we are currently in and then go and appoint someone who will take on the responsibility.
Circuit breaker is required, I have not seen another club in my time alive that has a coach that is performing like Adam Simpson.

Yet not even the Melbourne media are calling for his sacking, it's unbelievable. Maybe the Vics like us down the bottom and so they think let them keep Simpson.

But still to this minute we still have media defending him and thinking it's not all on him.
It is simply not defendable now. There is not one thing that can be said that can stand up to being a defence for the Head coach.
I am guessing it will be end of year but he has to go.
After last years debacle I think all the media are a bit coy on saying simpsons under pressure and imminently losing his job, as West Coast (for better or worse) didn't listen to all the outside noise and just did their own thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back