Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the spirit, Burn the place down and then we can all go and support Freo.
They are winning at the moment

Not what I said but the days of darling, Duggan, Cole, witho, Ryan, sheed getting games on reputation rather than output will have to be stoped by a new coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Premierships don’t equal desire at all. That equals success

A lack of desire is more to do with leaving a game knowing your team tried as hard as they could, that they are angry or disappointed in a loss, that every single person is doing their best to improve and that in general I want to support a team who believes failure is unacceptable as opposed to unavoidable.

The team is worse than any St Kilda team I can remember in the last 30 years. Only North can be discussed in the same way we can
Every team in the comp have been cellar dwellers without exception
It just our turn for a while, let's call it "Supporter character building 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't win one more game this season we'll finish this three year run with the same amount of wins as Fitzroy in their last three years.
We're beyond shit mate.
The bigger they are the harder they fall.
Why do you believe Adam is the best possible coach moving forward for our club?
Who said that? I reckon he will go end of year but he is not the reason we are where we are..we just want somebody's head
Short sighted and primative really. It is, after all just a game of footy

To be fair it wouldn’t be a knee jerk reaction at all, Carlton sacking Ratten was a knee jerk reaction. If we had sacked him after the disappointing 2019 season then that would’ve been a knee jerk reaction. We have been atrocious for 5 seasons straight and Simmo has done literally not a single thing to show a tiny resemblance of change. The sooner he gets sacked the better it is for the players imo
The issue was the secret extension to begin with, although it may have been something to do with rewarding him for taking a paycut during Covid+Norf sniffing around. Still pretty stupid of Nisbett to do though. That was definitely a knee-jerk reaction.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Who said that? I reckon he will go end of year but he is not the reason we are where we are..we just want somebody's head
Short sighted and primative really. It is, after all just a game of footy

Of course he is the reason. Have you ever been involved with footy clubs?
He us the coach, total performance falls on him as head coach which is why he is the highest paid person at the club in football.
In what universe is it not his fault??
Wow!!
And it is not just a game of football at AFL level, it is a results driven business and he is failing miserably.

Last edited:
Of course he is the reason. Have you ever been involved with footy clubs?
He us the coach, total performance falls on him as head coach which is why he is the highest paid person at the club in football.
In what universe is it not his fault??
Wow!!
And it is not just a fans of football at AFL level, it is a results driven business and he is failing miserably.
I will wait till you settle down and get a grip.😁

Nope I can't have that mate. Simmo was the coach and he gets the credit. Thats how it has to be. And really what do you think Sami Mitchell did? We won the flag because Collingwood beat Richmond in the preliminary final. we were not the best side that year.
Mitchell was obviously the key to 2018. It was apparent at the time. Look at what Mitchell is doing from a lower base with the Hawks than how Simmo has crashed our club off a cliff? Mitchell is a 10× better coach than Simmo and it's not even close.

Last edited:
The issue was the secret extension to begin with, although it may have been something to do with rewarding him for taking a paycut during Covid+Norf sniffing around. Still pretty stupid of Nisbett to do though. That was definitely a knee-jerk reaction.
He earned a secret extension because of a pay cut? He earns more than the prime minister.... He's been buying HJ franchises like a packet of chips. Clearly it was a boys club decision.

Mitchell was obviously the key to 2018. It was apparent at the time. Look at what Mitchell is doing from a lower base with the Hawks than how Simmo has crashed our club off a cliff. Mitchell is a 10× better coach it's not even close.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach Mitchell. I was just pointing out that if the senior coach has to cop the flak when we are not going great then surely when we are then he gets the credit.
Sam was a part of that coaching group and you don’t know anymore than I do what role he really played. It’s a good story but we don’t know. Has any player come out and catagorically said we could not of won without Sam Mitchell in the coaches box?

He earned a secret extension because of a pay cut? He earns more than the prime minister.... He's been buying HJ franchises like a packet of chips. Clearly it was a boys club decision.
Well, if someone agrees to take a $300k paycut to keep others in a job on the promise of an extension, you could probably understand why it happened.

Should've found other ways to compensate though.

Gov did the same.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach Mitchell. I was just pointing out that if the senior coach has to cop the flak when we are not going great then surely when we are then he gets the credit.
Sam was a part of that coaching group and you don’t know anymore than I do what role he really played. It’s a good story but we don’t know. Has any player come out and catagorically said we could not of won without Sam Mitchell in the coaches box?
Just pointing out the obvious disparity between Mitchell vs Simmo over their comparative coaching periods. Mitchell covers Simmo on every facet through the same period they have been coach. Its not much of an extension then to go back to 2018 and get context as to why our entire finals series game style in that period looks completely different to anything we produced before or after Mitchell was intricately involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back