Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched it, he said first it was covid, then it was 2 years of injuries and this is the first year of a rebuild that doesn't happen in 16 weeks....
Sounds like a complete copout to me. Considering the injuries forced us to do a rebuild and play a bunch of kids before they were ready. Shouldn't that accelerate the rebuild not hinder it?
We were in the top 8 most experienced teams last week in both age and games played. We only had 5 or 6 players under 22 and even those players have player 20-30 games.
I'm not sure if thats even a rebuild tbh or a patchup job

I’m not sure what Simmo is rebuilding take his use of young Dewar as a sub who he brings on with 6 minutes to go also Hutchinson who gets 13 minutes to impact and put his hand up for a full game the next week ..
Give these kids a half or a full quarter for the experience..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not true. Listen to conversations he had on SEN and fox about 3 weeks ago when asked if he would consider the tassie job.

On Blade A3 SE using BigFooty.com mobile app

Buckley needs the money and has already sold some of his memorabilia so he would probably say where do I sign to a good contract ..

Buckley needs the money and has already sold some of his memorabilia so he would probably say where do I sign to a good contract ..

I wouldn't mind Bucks but I don't see it happening as his kids are teenagers

Publicly, Simmo is taking little notice of this issue. You would hope that privately, he’s starting to worry. Pull the pin while you’re still popular Simmo.
He seems to care more about bank account than reputation. That's his choice but clearly shows he doesn't give a **** about the club, so why should anyone treat him well?

He is payed a bomb for his media. A bomb. This is why hodge, Selwood, cotchin have all moved straight into it too and there is a reluctance for retired players to go into coaching.

Have a listen to the interview Adam Kingsley did a few weeks back about this exact issue. Pendelbery also interviewed about this exact topic a couple weeks back.

Buckley would command a very large simmo type salary.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why are you complaining? If Simpson is a bad coach, then no Reid.

But given we aren’t at our lowest point, new coach will have a hard time.
Based on what? The team has been horrendous for a couple of years. If they get worse then WC must get multiple priority picks from AFL

Cannot get any lower than the few seasons, it’s worse than Fitzroy and current North Melbourne
We are one Jeremy McGovern injury away from things being worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait to see how the team responds to a new coach.

I really hope this time next year we'll all be asking why the hell we didn't do it 2 seasons earlier.

I doubt we’d be in a much different position than we are now had we moved Simpson on 2 years ago

But the end of this season looks like the right time to bring in someone new

We’ve seen the impact replacing Nisbett with Pyke has had on the club off field and I think a new coach in 2025 would achieve something similar next year

I doubt we’d be in a much different position than we are now had we moved Simpson on 2 years ago

We’ve seen the impact replacing Nisbett with Pyke has had on the club off field and I think a new coach in 2025 would achieve something similar next year
Noone can really say if it would or wouldnt, but it's definitely worth the roll of the dice at this point.

I think the right coach would at least lead to the players buying into the team again and get rid of this post lockdown malaise.

Smoke -Fire!
We need to play youngsters for a while.
Yes we can’t just dump ALL our experienced players but as oft stated we need to give them a run.
Johnson looked good! Slight build but quick and good L/R kick.He May never come good but it’s obvious he’s clever,quick and talented.Looking ahead what is better for WC? 10 games for Johnson or 10 games for Sheed?
This is not a particular player thing but more an inditment on WC thinking!
Like Gaff/Hall
Like Rotham /Edwards
Pick YOUNG… TALENT…
.Dom Sheeds name is Dom Sheed!! NOT premiership hero Dom Sheed! Another archaic way of thinking at WC!

We might be 12mths into a new game plan but i'd argue Nissie wouldn't have got the chop had Simmo left.

I'll say it again, Buckley sucks. Look how much more McRae got out of that squad the moment Bucks got the arse.

If we want a 2nd rate coach who has only lost GF, we might as well get Ross Lyon.

I'll say it again, Buckley sucks. Look how much more McRae got out of that squad the moment Bucks got the arse.

If we want a 2nd rate coach who has only lost GF, we might as well get Ross Lyon.
If Sheed misses or Brisbane don’t get the VFL’s worst ever advantage call, it wouldn’t make Bucks or Fly any better or worse coaches. Could flip the Premiership in each case, doesn’t impact how good they are at the x’s and o’s.

Based on what? The team has been horrendous for a couple of years. If they get worse then WC must get multiple priority picks from AFL

Based on what? All A-graders and hall of gamers retiring within 1-3 years and replaced by a bunch of pimple squeezing teenagers. Yes, it shall get worse.

Priority picks are lagging. They can’t hall you for 3 years. AFL needs to give a lot of picks and early to clubs. Not after struggling for 3-5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back