Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I had the unfortunate experience of working in Freo with a load of purples.

It's true that they seem to love Sumich and think WCE treated him badly as a player and coach.

The fact that the Dockers never offered him a Head Coaching gig seems to get ignored.

no one reports this.

He is a great development coach.

Would be perfect for a rebuild.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well the players that played under him at South freo report it, he was the last decent state under 18's coach we had. Not heard to much that he was not liked as a coach.
Anyway it doesn't matter as his time is past.

I think he often goes too far with his "truth" and pushes what he says into the realms of bitterness.

You can see it like that I guess and maybe there is some truth to that but generally he tells it as it is and we both know people hate that these days, they much prefer to be lied to so long as it's not offending or hurting anyone.

He's a complete moron who talks absolute garbage in the media every week.

C'mon it 100% does, everyone makes fun of the way he talks, and no one wants that to front the media with every sentence starting with "awe yeah..."

Life's tough, cry me a river...he could help himself by improving himself and how he presents himself in the media...numerous ex coaches and footy players do just this.
Nothing wrong with a warts n' all approach, except if it's working against you?

and he is an idiot with emotional issues

You guys talk like you know him personally and have axe to grind of your own.

Sumich is a very good coach apprently.
Took Souths to a grand final. Multiple honor's with west coast including an assistant in 2006 flag.
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves talking about a club great like this.

I wouldn't mind him as coach at all.

Right now he would do a far better job that lost simmo.

Last edited:
Been following at a distance and I know it’s been mentioned before… but can someone answer me… why wouldn’t Simmo play the kids in a rebuild?

It baffles me we give game time to legacy players that just are good, is it personnel? Is it game plan? I have got a feeling it’s a trust issue, He doesn’t trust the talent of our younger players.

Took Souths to a grand final. Multiple honor's with west coast including an assistant in 2006 flag.

He never took Souths to a flag. He took them to a gf where they were pantsed by the royals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Life's tough, cry me a river...he could help himself by improving himself and how he presents himself in the media...numerous ex coaches and footy players do just this.
Nothing wrong with a warts n' all approach, except if it's working against you?

He can't change the way he talks. Or are you saying he could?!

My brother from another mother, you took my quote out of context, you missed out my earlier post:

"He's had success follow him, as a player and assistant coach with us, coach at South Freo, and developing WA talent."

I'm making the point his "supporting" coach record stacks up and deserved a senior coaching gig as much as any assistant coach does, but his unique way of speaking and inability to filter his thoughts, prevented him from getting the gig.

I would have loved to see him get a go and tell it like it is. But as someone else also said, his time has passed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we better of ripping off the bandaid and doing it sooner rather than the end of the season?
At this point in the season it really doesnt matter. May as well bend over and take another 7(?) 50-odd point floggings up the bum and then sh*t-can Simmo. An interim coach isnt really going to do much between now and the end of the year.

My biggest current concern is that we have to get Simmo out + start making improvements before the messiah H. Reid decides he actually wants to be in a winning team for once. If we are still bottom-4 with no end in sight in a year's time then its gonna be hard to keep him I reckon

What are these texts Duff has been talked about? 2 young blokes and an older player? (Sorry if they have been posted or referenced on here already)

With such a big offseason ahead and moves needing to made surely we need to go early on Simpson.
We've got delistings aplenty, free agents to chase, trades to make, draft picks to scout. If we wait until the end of the season to get rid of Simpson that doesn't give a lot of time for the selection process to happen and for a new coach to come in to wrap his head around what he wants to do with the list.

With such a big offseason ahead and moves needing to made surely we need to go early on Simpson.
We've got delistings aplenty, free agents to chase, trades to make, draft picks to scout. If we wait until the end of the season to get rid of Simpson that doesn't give a lot of time for the selection process to happen and for a new coach to come in to wrap his head around what he wants to do with the list.
Plus Simmo is coaching to save his job and not for the future.

Agreed tagt decision needs to be made because he is at long odds to coach us next year.

Who goes first, Simmo or Biden?
Joe Biden Home GIF by PBS News

Can say the same thing for both🤷‍♂️

Just watched Simmos presser from after the game my gawd, he doesn't give two hoots now does he, old laid back luke has checked out. Our club needs to end this relationship ASAP
He’s just sitting there waiting for the tap on the shoulder, and the payout that comes with it. Can’t say I wouldn’t be doing the same if I were him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back