Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Simpson thing is quite sad really. He’s represented the club the very that he could and has brought us great moments. Ideally he is stood down at the end of season but it is announced today that a new coach will be recruited, starting now.

Let Simpson go with the dignity that he deserves.

It’s not the west coast way to st kilda the **** out him in this moment

Yeah look it's not ideal but something has to be done.

This Simpson thing is quite sad really. He’s represented the club the very that he could and has brought us great moments. Ideally he is stood down at the end of season but it is announced today that a new coach will be recruited, starting now.

I don't feel sad for Simpson whatsoever. He has burnt his legacy to the ground, picked up the ashes then run them through a blast furnace.

Is this really happening g or are we going to see out the day with SFA and go to bed expecting another weekend of the same shitness with simmo speaking after a 30 goal loss saying we own this and that and a few HJ stores.

100 percent.

Even when we had wins against teams like Collingwood with a lot of kids which surprised everyone, Simpson turfed the kids out first chance he got Instead of persevering with the youth that got that win and bringing back the senior players through the WAFL to prove their fitness.

And he's doing it again this year.
100% this.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is this really happening g or are we going to see out the day with SFA and go to bed expecting another weekend of the same shitness with simmo speaking after a 30 goal loss saying we own this and that and a few HJ stores.
Yeah my work day is now officially f*cked - im death-riding this sub all day to find out if we're in for a "Night Of The Long Knives".

ive got it!

we'll try darling in the ruck!

FlmmFIIWYAEJDs-.jpg

Nah, his performance has been appalling. Took all the momentum from a good run of form in May and absolutely destroyed by doing his same old crap:
- playing guys who are unsuited for the modern game in Gaff and Sheed
-changing winning structure and gameplan to the baffling "land of the giants" Forward line. This all appears to have been done in order to accommodate Darling and Allen
-Rushing unfit favourites back into the 1s (Allen and Kelly), while young guys quite rightly have to go through the WAFL first.

Guy deserves to be gone yesterday. Time to move on.

Don't be surprised at how quickly the list might start performing with the right new coach. Old guys get put on notice and young guys play with enthusiasm, as they know good performances will be rewarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I emailed the club with a lot of respect and got a reply today.

"Behind the scenes.." could be very telling I reckon.

Screenshot_20240709_094829_Outlook.jpg

I'll be honest I'm giddy at J Schofield as care taker.

The coach with the best CV at helm. Hopefully he proves himself

Temper appreciation of J Schofield with the fact he had a stacked Subiaco side there.

Can he coach when the field is level - I don’t know but need to look a little deeper than number of
Premierships

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's time for change but there's no need to be disrespectful to a successful coach who delivered us premiership.

I really hope we get the sugar hit of a fresh voice within the 4 walls or some of you will realise just how good we've had it with our coaches and that maybe there's only so much that can be done with this list.

It's time for change but there's no need to be disrespectful to a successful coach who delivered us premiership.
This is true. He needs to be gone yesterday, but he's still been a premiership-winning coach and has achieved about as much as Worsfold did in his tenure (and I dont think you'd find a WCE fan willing to pot Johnny).

This is true. He needs to be gone yesterday, but he's still been a premiership-winning coach and has achieved about as much as Worsfold did in his tenure (and I dont think you'd find a WCE fan willing to pot Johnny).

Not anymore but there were plenty at the time, sadly.

Having posted here for 20+ years (Christ.), I can confirm, it’s the same types over and over that are ‘Sack the coach!’ type supporters.

They usually go hard and go early.

Rarely are they ‘deep thinkers’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back