Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Newsflash: we are going through a rough patch at the moment but we still show up. That's the difference between Crows and Port Power supporters. We support our side through thick and thin.

We're not soft little shits like Toots Hibbert and Jumbo who go missing whenever times get tough.

They were away on more important things like - HAVING A LIFE.........something you guys seriously need:cool:

None of us left during 0-6

Was pretty hard considering it was the first six games but all that cry babying really gave us all the shits.......

I like my compatriarchs stick by my team!!;)

Since Port Adelaide joint the league Adelaide's crowds have gone down by 4,643 people per game
While Port Adelaide's crowds have gone down by 11,575

thanks for your concerns, but look at your own backyard please :)
next

also, this will be our worst year no matter what, and if we get 38,811 or more people to turn up, it'll still be better than your best ever.

Why? I just find it strange how you always perfectly time your excuses for staying away from the Bay right when your team is losing and then conveniently make the time to post away like a man possessed whenever you feel it's safe to do so.

Because of supporters like you, other Port Power supporters like Jumbo now think it's perfectly fine to be a soft, frontrunning, fickle supporter who only shows up when their team is winning.
You've got a poor habit of having stuff explained to you and then proceeding to post the same nonsense.

I stopped posting several days after we had recorded our third win in a row. I returned to the Bay while we were still on our losing streak. So your accusation is false. That's point one.

Point two is that you knew this because you posted in the same thread shortly after I did on July 9, weeks before we started winning again. You also posted in the prediction thread I put up before we broke our losing streak against the Crows. Your behaviour indicates that you think it's OK to lie on Bay 13 because you have a long pattern of being corrected then repeating your false statements.

Point three is that you've now had it made clear to you that I have some serious health issues and there are times when I don't feel like doing much of anything including posting on Bay 13. Up to this point I don't hold any grudges because many of us, including myself, go in pretty hard here. However if you persist in attacking me for my posting habits, particularly if it includes a continuation of your misrepresentations, that would be a really poor reflection on you and pretty disappointing.

Regards
Toots Hibbert

They were away on more important things like - HAVING A LIFE.........something you guys seriously need:cool:
)

Ah I get it port power Lose and you have a life but when you win there is some spare time in your life to post on bay 13

Ok I get it so if I leave I now have 2 accepted excuses
1.I have a life
2.I am overseas

You've got a poor habit of having stuff explained to you and then proceeding to post the same nonsense.

I stopped posting several days after we had recorded our third win in a row. I returned to the Bay while we were still on our losing streak. So your accusation is false. That's point one.

Point two is that you knew this because you posted in the same thread shortly after I did on July 9, weeks before we started winning again. You also posted in the prediction thread I put up before we broke our losing streak against the Crows. Your behaviour indicates that you think it's OK to lie on Bay 13 because you have a long pattern of being corrected then repeating your false statements.

Point three is that you've now had it made clear to you that I have some serious health issues and there are times when I don't feel like doing much of anything including posting on Bay 13. Up to this point I don't hold any grudges because many of us, including myself, go in pretty hard here. However if you persist in attacking me for my posting habits, particularly if it includes a continuation of your misrepresentations, that would be a really poor reflection on you and pretty disappointing.

Regards
Toots Hibbert

Bloody hell Toots..I told you not to get your fat arse stuck in the door on the way out.. Oh,and cry me a river ya sook:p
"Late edit"
OOPS,just read the bit about your health..Sorry to read that

Ah I get it port power Lose and you have a life but when you win there is some spare time in your life to post on bay 13

Ok I get it so if I leave I now have 2 accepted excuses
1.I have a life
2.I am overseas

Ohhhh Davoren, you're from the shallow end of the gene pool:eek:

Port's corporate support is up this year - so we are turning around our performance both on and off-field

MyATM unhappy with your current arrangement and headed for bankruptcy. Last time I checked you were shit on the field and have been for awhile. This would have to be the worst definition of "turning around our performance both on and off-field" I have ever seen.

Port's corporate support is up this year - so we are turning around our performance both on and off-field

PowerKat, you posted this in May last year. My questions are:

• Why did your club resort to begging for money if they had turned around their performance off field?
  • Why did your club finish 10th on the ladder in 2010 (the same as 2009) and why are they currently 15th on the ladder if they had turned around their performance on field?
  • Do you think your club's poor choice of sponsors (MyATM looking like they are being in the crapper right now) contradicts your statement that they were "turning around their performance" off field?
  • Are you just full of shit? (You can skip this question as it is rhetorical)

The game today was a sellout, so assuming that Port Adelaide and Adelaide fans bought up the non-member tickets actually went.

So - 2009 - Adelaide get almost 47K to the Showdown home game.
2010 - Only just over 40K??

And so the Crow supporters are speaking loud and clear... We are s**t, and we're not gonna watch anymore.

Last home game against Richmond only drew 37.5K, so we might be struggling to see the 30K mark next week.... :confused:

Quoting OP (which is me!) for context

(Don't understand why a Crows supporter would bump this thread, but very topical nontheless)

The quote above is from May 2010. To put in context what was happening then, and has continued to happen since.

2005 (Neil Craig's first full year as coach), avg crowd 42300
2006, avg 42400
2007, avg 41900
2008, avg 40600
2009, avg 38800
and since the thread start
2010, avg 35700

So what has happened in 2011.
Round 1 v Hawthorn - 20th year anniversary, major marketing effort to remember the origins of the club (and they did a much better job than Port's 140th by the way!) - 42536, (+2500/+6% over previous meeting at home in 2009)
Round 3 v Fremantle - crowd of 33414 (-2500/-7% from 2010)
Round 6 v St Kilda - crowd of 33854 (-4300/-11% from 2010)

So apart from a special event day in Round 1, Saturday night, drop of 7% and 11% on historical lows for the Adelaide Crows.

Yes, you'll all come back with LOL's at Port crowds, our crowds are about 6000 below our longer term averages and that is coming off a low base. Crows crowds are trending even more than 6000 below their longer term averages.

Adelaide Oval can't come quick enough, and it's great that Crowies might actually finally agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerKat, you posted this in May last year. My questions are:

• Why did your club resort to begging for money if they had turned around their performance off field?
  • Why did your club finish 10th on the ladder in 2010 (the same as 2009) and why are they currently 15th on the ladder if they had turned around their performance on field?
  • Do you think your club's poor choice of sponsors (MyATM looking like they are being in the crapper right now) contradicts your statement that they were "turning around their performance" off field?
  • Are you just full of shit? (You can skip this question as it is rhetorical)

I said we ARE turning around off field, not we HAVE turned it around. It remains a work in progress with further efforts contributing to this onging process (including, for example, OneClub and 16% increase in corporate support this year). There are short term, medium term and long term actions.

Yep - agree that I was wrong there - things fell apart on field because the coach ****ed it up. So, we sacked him and now we have to start again. I'm confident Matty will turn things around though.

We need any sponsor we can get. If myATM falls over then we'll find another - idgaf who they are if we are getting the money. Their performance is not a reflection on us.

Back to the topic at hand -why are the camries fans continuing to 'not turn up' and your membership numbers falling, a now non-existent waiting list, and your club heading for another loss this year? You've had your 'favourite time slots' and a group quite active about wanting to remain at AAMI, but they don't want to actually go there anymore?

Is it because your coach keeps promising and not delivering (such as last year suggesting they would challenge for to 4 yet finishing below PAFC), a heap of media encouraging you all to get to games and support the team, the best list ever, and the ongoing 19th man campaign, a new facility etc etc and now this year the most exciting list ever, yet it is all failing.

Back to the topic at hand -why are the camries fans continuing to 'not turn up' and your membership numbers falling, a now non-existent waiting list, and your club heading for another loss this year? You've had your 'favourite time slots' and a group quite active about wanting to remain at AAMI, but they don't want to actually go there anymore?

Is it because your coach keeps promising and not delivering (such as last year suggesting they would challenge for to 4 yet finishing below PAFC), a heap of media encouraging you all to get to games and support the team, the best list ever, and the ongoing 19th man campaign, a new facility etc etc and now this year the most exciting list ever, yet it is all failing.
Our crowds are not the only ones dropping but dont let facts get in the way.

It is the most exciting list we have had while Craigy has been there.

We beat the team thats played in the last 3 GFs and had 9 kids under 20 games.:thumbsu::cool:

Got there late actually.Left the races heading town Tapleys hill and then that magical question...Have YOU got the tickets.???:eek:

Ouch - hope you don't finish on 34,999.998 average crowd for the year then!

Quoting OP (which is me!) for context

(Don't understand why a Crows supporter would bump this thread, but very topical nontheless)

The quote above is from May 2010. To put in context what was happening then, and has continued to happen since.

2005 (Neil Craig's first full year as coach), avg crowd 42300
2006, avg 42400
2007, avg 41900
2008, avg 40600
2009, avg 38800
and since the thread start
2010, avg 35700

So what has happened in 2011.
Round 1 v Hawthorn - 20th year anniversary, major marketing effort to remember the origins of the club (and they did a much better job than Port's 140th by the way!) - 42536, (+2500/+6% over previous meeting at home in 2009)
Round 3 v Fremantle - crowd of 33414 (-2500/-7% from 2010)
Round 6 v St Kilda - crowd of 33854 (-4300/-11% from 2010)

So apart from a special event day in Round 1, Saturday night, drop of 7% and 11% on historical lows for the Adelaide Crows.

Yes, you'll all come back with LOL's at Port crowds, our crowds are about 6000 below our longer term averages and that is coming off a low base. Crows crowds are trending even more than 6000 below their longer term averages.

Adelaide Oval can't come quick enough, and it's great that Crowies might actually finally agree.

Total attendance for first 3 non-showdown games of 2010 for Crows: 105,558
Total attendance for first 3 non-showdown games of 2011 for Crows: 109,804

Crows on the rise :thumbsu:

I said we ARE turning around off field, not we HAVE turned it around. It remains a work in progress with further efforts contributing to this onging process (including, for example, OneClub and 16% increase in corporate support this year). There are short term, medium term and long term actions.

Seems like you keep talking so much shit about what a great place your club is in only for the bad news to keep rolling in over and over again. Please, your credibility is ZERO!

Yep - agree that I was wrong there -

No shit.

things fell apart on field because the coach ****ed it up. So, we sacked him and now we have to start again. I'm confident Matty will turn things around though.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard it all before. You're confident of this, and you're confident of that, everything is going to be just fine. At this time next year, you'll probably just tell me you were wrong ... again and then tell me you're confident your rabble will turn things around ... again. Like I said - credibility ZERO!

So far Primus (while he seems like a nice guy) appears to be out of his depth. I doubt he's going to get anywhere with your rabble.

We need any sponsor we can get. If myATM falls over then we'll find another - idgaf who they are if we are getting the money. Their performance is not a reflection on us.

Wow. You really are a moron. The fact that your club fails to attract a sponsor with sound financials and any semblance of stability is a reflection of what a rabble they are.

And it's good to know that the only reason you want a sponsor is for their money. I suppose the fact that a sponsor would want some kind of return for their investment is foreign to you. And so far, it seems MyATM are actually losing money by the bucketloads because of their association with your rabble.

Blah, blah, blah. If you'd actually bothered to look at the attendance figures, you'd actually find that our average home attendances are up compared to last year.

But don't let facts get in the way of what you want to believe, eh?

Right, so your rabble humiliates themselves against Gold Coast, your sponsor is unhappy with your arrangement and wants out, your "dynamic" CEO resorts to begging to raise money, your club president publicly admonishes your part-time assistant for questioning the culture at the club and you are confident clueless Primus is going to turn it around.

And yet when the Crows (whom you obviously have much higher expectations for than the Power) put together a much younger and promising side on the park, you declare that it's all failing. You are a joke.

???? I reckon that just about summarises your understanding of statistics right there...

Our crowds are not the only ones dropping but dont let facts get in the way.

Our crowds are not dropping. Don't listen to those Port Power morons.

Total attendance for first 2 non-showdown games of 2010 for Power: 44,511
Total attendance for first 2 non-showdown games of 2011 for Power: 44,501

Power in the crapper :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crowie's deserting the team in droves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back