Adelaide Footy Club had a gutsful of Rucci - Sanders talks with Advertiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just see no definitive evidence from the whole thread. I see generalisations but no first hand evidence. When pressed for some, or indeed, some for the future, it's met with deaf ears. You are all using circular logic and inventive and personal attacks as your defence not looking at the issue at hand.

The reason I have on occassion written a few extra titbits that would incite Crows fans is to see whether they wanted to direct their attentions and supposed rebuttals to a few harsh words that mean nothing or actually engage with the underlying argument I have come up with.

[please note, this is the best way to see if someone truly wants to engage with argument and rhetoric on these sites. write some paragraphs addressing the argument and one or two bits to incite and if the rebuttals centre purely on the one or two bits of incite, then you know they are not interested in finding the truth of the argument]

Sadly, it is the former. There has been no rational discussion in the last few pages.

I point to asking, sincererly I might add, if we could start a thread just to Rucci's articles and both sides, Crows and Power dissect them to see if they are actually bias.

I was met with the moderator of this board, NN, to be called a schoolyard dare. This is the type of mentality you guys have. I ask for a resolution to the problem [one that actually might see me as wrong] and it is immediately dismissed guised as a personal attack.

If we look at this, this is the small minded mentality, tinged with paranoia and insecurity, something that Adelaide not just as a football club but as a city is rightly or wrongly well known for. I'm just glad the Power supporters aren't as fickle.

I come from a majority of Port Adelaide fans who saw the retirement fund scheme from last year or whenever as very soft. Now, it has escalated to this point where freedom of press could be comprised because Crows fans don't have it their way.

I say it again. Soft.

I also personally feel that if Rucci died tomorrow that you'd just find someone else to heap your displeasure upon.

I guess then some other issues come into it. Do the editors think Rucci does a poor job? Does Rucci baiting the Crows sell them more papers? Is Rucci being told to write the way he does? As I think Ford said, its the editors that put 10 Goodwin articles in the paper.

If the editors are happy with his work then it will never change, unfortunately.

Ah ha!! :)

Another Port suporter has spotted the real reasons why the AFC have taken this issue to the level that it has been taken.
:thumbsu:

If we look at this, this is the small minded mentality, tinged with paranoia and insecurity, something that Adelaide not just as a football club but as a city is rightly or wrongly well known for. I'm just glad the Power supporters aren't as fickle.

LOLOLOLOLOL :p :p :p

Thanks for chucking in a bit of humour to lighten up what otherwise was a heap of dribble. :thumbsu:

If you guys could select any South Australian journalist (non Crows Supporter) to write Crows related articles/match reports who would you pick??
P.S Springy:- Goers and N. Cornes do not apply!

Rucci can write Crows articles no problem with that my beef before i stopped reading the advitiser was when bad stuff had to be written about us he did but when bad stuff had to be written about Port Power he went softly softly.Same as positive stuff he hardly ever wrote positive stuff about us and when he did somewhere in the article a bit of negitive stuff came out.

All we ask for is EQUAL QUALITY

So you believe that Rucci never writes a bad word about Port Adelaide?

Cant comment on the last 3 years but before that i would say no.In 03 when The best team in the comp failed to make the GF he went softly softly and started Port for premiers 04 campaign ill bet my entire life savings plus my 26 year super fund that after 06 Crows prelim final loss his approach would have been different to that after Ports 03 prelim loss.

I have no problem with who ever writting bad stuff about my team but when the same guy does not do the same for the other team then thats my beef.

BTW how much is it these days ?

I just see no definitive evidence from the whole thread. I see generalisations but no first hand evidence. When pressed for some, or indeed, some for the future, it's met with deaf ears. You are all using circular logic and inventive and personal attacks as your defence not looking at the issue at hand.

The reason I have on occassion written a few extra titbits that would incite Crows fans is to see whether they wanted to direct their attentions and supposed rebuttals to a few harsh words that mean nothing or actually engage with the underlying argument I have come up with.

[please note, this is the best way to see if someone truly wants to engage with argument and rhetoric on these sites. write some paragraphs addressing the argument and one or two bits to incite and if the rebuttals centre purely on the one or two bits of incite, then you know they are not interested in finding the truth of the argument]

Sadly, it is the former. There has been no rational discussion in the last few pages.

I point to asking, sincererly I might add, if we could start a thread just to Rucci's articles and both sides, Crows and Power dissect them to see if they are actually bias.

I was met with the moderator of this board, NN, to be called a schoolyard dare. This is the type of mentality you guys have. I ask for a resolution to the problem [one that actually might see me as wrong] and it is immediately dismissed guised as a personal attack.

I come from a majority of Port Adelaide fans who saw the retirement fund scheme from last year or whenever as very soft. Now, it has escalated to this point where freedom of press could be comprised because Crows fans don't have it their way.

I say it again. Soft.

I also personally feel that if Rucci died tomorrow that you'd just find someone else to heap your displeasure upon.

There have been so many over the years that I wished that I had kept them .

After the 2005 pre-season showdown he labeled Adelaide as a pathetic cheap imitation of Port and then proceeded to go on his usual tirade each year about the Adelaide squad basically had to be scraped and built from scratch and about how Adelaide were going to do nothing etc yet they finished 2nd.

Rucci previously critisised Crows supporters for inflating players and believing in youngsters that had not yet been proven. This was his argument when Port had an established squad. Now we find that with Port having a young side its all about the youth with Rucci and that is the pathway to success etc except that a few years ago he was bagging crows supporters for having too much faith in guys that haven’t been tried now he is doing exactly the same. Whereas he is claiming guys that having even played 30 AFL games would eventually lead the Power to a premiership.

Every year since 1999 (maybe with the exception of last year) he has gone on and on each year about Adelaide’s squad and labeling it as poor, no youth etc even though since 2000 we have only missed one finals series in 04. I have forgotten how many times I have read the same old rubbish year after year about Goodwin, Roo and Mcleod and when they retire what are Adelaide going to do. Yet Port find themselves in a similar position the following players will be retiring within the next three years Tredrea will be 29 at the end of the year, Wilson, Lade, Peter Burgoyne and Wakelin and Chad Cornes might have 4 years last at the most. You hear nothing about this, but Rucci recycles the same rubbish each year about how badly will Adelaide cope when player …… retires and paints this picture of doom and gloom as a way of trying to influence people towards the power. I notice he has pulled out the same rubbish again this year, it’s the same stuff that we have been hearing about for the past 5 or so years.

There is also stuff like the Brett Burton dob in, which we all knew he took great pleasure in and he would have never done it if was Port and everyone deep down knows that.

Another Rucci classic was when Pickett got reported and Rucci went on and on about trial by media and that it was wrong and that the media should stop focusing on the picket incident and just let the AFL adjudicate on it. Whereas every little thing that happens with Adelaide he focusing on especially with Ruccicuto and the incident in Perth in 05 whereas he sat there when it suited him and lectured about trial by media. I even remember him trying to highlight some incident that noone even saw and wrote some article on it last season.

The crowds even though Port’s crowds were down he went on and on and on about the crow’s crowds week after week over the last couple of years. Yet mentions nothing about Port’s low crowds like its really poor crowd for Wanga’s 300th game and just focuses it all on the Crows. He then has the gall to come up with the stuff like Port’s low crowds were due to Mother’s day/Father’s day or its too early, its too late, Port fans don’t like Saturday nights or Port’s fans don’t like Sunday afternoons. Just his typical hypocritical rubbish.

The other thing I found last year was when Adelaide was doing well he would waste most of the press conference trying to ask questions about what the opposition coaches perceive to be Adelaide’s gameplan etc and how to beat it, I swear he was doing some fact finding for choco in a hope to have some ideas to use against them and to just raise an awareness about how Adelaide played. When Port were in that situation, he would ask nothing about how Port played because he would obviously have done what he could to ensure that Port protected that sort of info and if it wasn’t brought up then it wouldn’t be discussed in the press conference. That is what I found amazing last year was the difference in how he acted when the roles were reversed. The AFC obviously picked up on it because Craig started to only give one word answers to the fact finding type questions that Rucci would ask to try and gather info.

The whole Big W DVD sale article was one of the worst cases I had ever seen of gutter journalism and had more to do with the fact that the Crows supporters were looking more towards the finals than the showdown (which was Port’s home game) and that struck a blow to Rucci because it is always been a fact that Port supporters tend to focus on showdowns far more than what the Adelaide supporters do and he is one of them and he would have hated the fact that the supporters were blasé about the game and looking forward to the final (how dare those evil Crows supporters not care about playing the mighty Port Adelaide). How that article actually made the papers I have no idea. If someone wrote an article like that about Port I think most crows supporters might laugh, but they would understand that it is extremely unprofessional and embarrassed to read something like that in a major newspaper. My friend in Melbourne read it and he is born and bred in Melbourne said that people in Melbourne don’t like the whole Walls Sheedy fued, but that is nothing in comparison to an article like that. He didn’t even believe me that it actually made the paper.

There are so many more over the years, like when he wrote piece about clubs lying and every reference releated to the AFC. His constant jibes each year about the Crow’s slogan for the year.

His pathetic roast column where he invents stupid letters which 99% of relate to the Crows (what a surprise).

The list goes on and on, so here is some info that Rucci has gone on about in the last few years. I don’t have copies of the actual articles, but I am sure that many people will agree with them that they happened.

And which SANFL club did you give up on to be a Crowie?

I've only ever supported the Crows. Been there through the good and bad times. I don't just jump ship (e.g. to Hawthorn) just because my team is going through a rough trot (unlike fickle Port Power supporters such as yourself).

So the question now has to be:
Did he write anything in the paper today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any of you Crowies remember what he did to Nick Stevens, even before he announced his departure?

or to Gavin Wanganeen when he was being repeatedly reported?

the list goes on and on and on ....

but then slagging at port wouldn't be considered wrong would it?

didnt realise they traded supporters. If thats the case can we trade 100 Port supporters for a Big Mac?

LOL Gold. As if they are worth that much mate. Maybe a Junior Burger.

And mods when can we piss off these port and Hawthorn Trolls...

PS Rucci must be a pretty sad bitter twisted little man to spend that much time continually writing negative articles about the crows day after day FFS

And a P.S. Any of you Crowies remember his article last year about Darryl Wakelin's tribunal record? Probably not. We hear that did not go down well at Alberton. It is amazing the Port Power management hasn't gone into the Advertiser to beat Bill Sanders to the punch.

I find it hilarious that people still try to patheticly underestimate the illigence of Adelaide supporters by attempting to try and justify Rucci's behaviour.

As for your article which I dont remember, I guess he has to throw a red herring in there occasionally.

I still think you are Rucci and if you are LOL :D

And for everyone here is video of Rucci sitting down after the game at his computer writing his article after the "dream" final

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9015039751037156260

I find it hilarious that people still try to patheticly underestimate the illigence of Adelaide supporters by attempting to try and justify Rucci's behaviour.

As for your article which I dont remember, I guess he has to throw a red herring in there occasionally.

I still think you are Rucci and if you are LOL :D

And for everyone here is video of Rucci sitting down after the game at his computer writing his article after the "dream" final

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9015039751037156260

Yep would that must be him,goes along with all the biased **** he writes

Interesting read indeed... All I can say is that it will be a sad sad day for sports journalism in this state if the Adelaide Football Club arm-twists The Adversiser to gag Rucci. It will be the start of a very very dangerous trend. Where will it end? I cringe at the thought. But as someone has already said, in these sorts of struggles, there is generally one winner - he who inks the last word. Peace...

Interesting read indeed... All I can say is that it will be a sad sad day for sports journalism in this state if the Adelaide Football Club arm-twists The Adversiser to gag Rucci. It will be the start of a very very dangerous trend. Where will it end? I cringe at the thought. But as someone has already said, in these sorts of struggles, there is generally one winner - he who inks the last word. Peace...

Did you bother to actually read what was said??? Or just try to act all high and mighty. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back