Opinion Positive aspects of the Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

An extra home game in 23 and 24.

What new players are you blaming the dip on?
I'm thinking its that we kept the same team at the mid-age/ experience end and only topped up from the draft who have played 90% of games in the SANFL so they haven't been able to impact.

At the same time our older experienced cohort dropped off or were injured (Sloane, Walker, Smith, Laird) while the improvement from our younger guys (Soligo, Rankine, Michaelanny, etc) hasn't been enough to cover this difference - while some haven't taken the next step (Rachele, Pedlar, Thilthorpe etc).

This means that the 2023 trade and draft period was ultimately only able to impact the long term (2-5 years) while the short term results (this year) were a result of natural entropy.

While my long term outlook hasn't been impacted, we weren't able to improve this year as a result of not implementing our strategy of using draft collateral on experienced high quality players.

Last edited:
Another positive is that, despite the delusions of this board, Nicks is way more open to change than a few of our previous coaches. Now, he may still be a bit too slow to change, even for me, but he does change, unlike Pyke or Craig.
I can guarantee you if Pyke or Craig were coaching this season none of Curtin, Dowling or Taylor have debuted. I can guarantee we wouldn't have tried Hombsch's gameplan against Carlton. As long as a bloke is willing to try some new things, there's potential there, once he does a few he gets used to it and does more.

That is a positive. Unfortunately its countered by the fact that he continually makes absolutely woeful coaching decisions that cost us games.

Gotta commend the positivity, but have a feeling if Nicks put McHenry in the ruck you would still applaud him.

You're easily pleased John. A debutant yes, but not who I think deserves one on SANFL performance.

Be interesting to see if it turns into a positive after we beat the Saints

I honestly think some of you would seriously complain if someone bought you a free beer. You would say, it's not big enough

You can find happiness and disappointment in the same concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said bottled water, not water by itself.
Even the water out of your taps at your house isn’t free.
Of course I did. Bottled water isn't free.

Tap water from many different places across the city and suburbs is most definitely free. Pubs, clubs, entertainment venues, SA water outlets. All free

You said bottled water, not water by itself.
Even the water out of your taps at your house isn’t free.
It is here!

Rainwater tank in rural Victoria though if you want to be pedantic an electric pressure pump delivers it to the tap...;)

We'd be ranked #1 in lots of things. Not many of them would be positive.

We're clearly the best at confusing selections.
#1 taps to advantage that don't translate to midfield take aways...

A positive is that our biggest losing margin isn't in the ten largest losing margins for this season. In fact, by now its probably not in the top 15.
It's a positive our percentage is well ahead of Essendon's...

The fact we are debating the price of water shows how ****ing utterly devoid of positivity this football club is.

But hey, they'll chuck out a video on Facebook of some of the players', past and present, kids running around and the oldies all lap it up.

You must live a very sour life. With that attitude, you portray a very sad life.

You just need to step back and smell the roses to enjoy the finer points.

Always trust your doctor. The teller of all truths.
200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back