Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide oval will always be regarded as the best stadium in the nation. Any thoughts as to whether we'll get some spin on this pitch comes days 4 and 5?

DEfinitely. Last shield game the spinners were the most dangerous on the last day

I love the stadium, it's an amazing redevelopment. I have some questions, probably have already been answered, so my apologies.

1. Will the southern stand be used for the test?

2. Will the stadium be finished for the start of next season?

3. Does anyone have any pictures of the outside of the eastern stand?

I love the stadium, it's an amazing redevelopment. I have some questions, probably have already been answered, so my apologies.

1. Will the southern stand be used for the test?

2. Will the stadium be finished for the start of next season?

3. Does anyone have any pictures of the outside of the eastern stand?

Yes, yes and there are some on previous pages of this thread.

It's nothing special at the moment, no facade, just a construction site.

That leaves Perth as the only state capital without a decent stadium IMO, right?
Hobart, but do we count them? No disrespect but they hardly have the population to warrant a new stadium, nor would it be viable with the lack of events it would hold

Hobart, but do we count them? No disrespect but they hardly have the population to warrant a new stadium, nor would it be viable with the lack of events it would hold

Bellerive isn't bad, IMO better than subiaco. But I take your point, is Perth the only mainland state capital without a decent stadium? Because subiaco is a bit rubbish IMO (although I've only been there once admittedly).

Another stand to add to Blundstone Arena! Never seen so many stands at one arena tbh

So whoever is funding this (tassie govn? cricket tasmania?) what do they think they will get out of it. I'm sorry but unless there are two series of three tests in a summer, Hobart will never get a test match.

So their annual revenue stream is Shield games (ha, revenue), 2 AFL games, 4 BBL Games and the odd International T20 and ODI. Does not seem viable to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they decided where yet?
Burswood I think it is, they haven't even released a design yet which is a bit worrying.. The only thing the have released as far as I know is what the precinct will look like rather than an actual design for the stadium itself

Another stand to add to Blundstone Arena! Never seen so many stands at one arena tbh

So whoever is funding this (tassie govn? cricket tasmania?) what do they think they will get out of it. I'm sorry but unless there are two series of three tests in a summer, Hobart will never get a test match.

So their annual revenue stream is Shield games (ha, revenue), 2 AFL games, 4 BBL Games and the odd International T20 and ODI. Does not seem viable to me

I believe it will increase the ground capacity to around 17 - 18,000 which will at least match the WACA. Added to which North Melbourne will be playing some games there next year, the only downside is the effect on the local residents as it is, in essence, a suburban ground.

Burswood I think it is, they haven't even released a design yet which is a bit worrying.. The only thing the have released as far as I know is what the precinct will look like rather than an actual design for the stadium itself

The ground works on Burswood Stadium are currently being done!

The design & builder is due to be announced in 2014 with construction due to be completed in time for the 2018 footy season according to Barnett a couple of months ago.

Excellent, look forward to seeing the design. Heard from a few locals that the facilities at Subiaco are very second rate. Big football city like Perth deserves something world class.

Anyone want to guess when filling in the hill area with a stand will come up? In about 10 years?

Don't really see the need to so can't see it happening, some people love the hill- I personally hate it but still there is not much hill left so may as well keep it as it is one of the main characteristics of the ground

Anyone want to guess when filling in the hill area with a stand will come up? In about 10 years?

Personally I cant see it needed. Unless Adelaide and Port start getting 55,000 to every game, the need for another 15,000 seat stand probably doesn't exist. From my visit a couple of weeks ago, the hill still has its place in the ground. I can certainly see it being a popular place during the football season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back