Preview 2024 Round 14 Adelaide v Sydney - Adelaide Oval

Would you participate in a poll if we added one?

• No

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • yes

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been kissed on the dick so far with injuries, is there a point we start managing some key players this second half of the season?

Along with Mills coming in soon I wouldn't mind if we started using Fox, Roberts and Campbell to replace a mix of Blakey, Jmac, Ollie, Lloyd, paps etc. maybe one of them rested per game just to bide time for injury prevention and managing load. Also Ladhams giving Brodie a break for a couple of odd games in the last stretch. And maybe Mills doing the same for Rowy, Heeney and Gulden. We've set ourselves up for it so why not take the opportunity to go into finals fit af

Yeah this is not the one to drop.

I’m mentally preparing to lose to either the Giants or Fremantle (just in case) but not Adelaide.

It isn’t arrogance to suggest we should win this and win comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for me Freo is the one that I think will push us. They’ve got it in them for sure.
If we dropped this one it would be the same sort of loss we had to Richmond. A fluke.

We are going to lose another game at some point I would think. Would you rather lose to a fellow contender or lose to an Adelaide or St Kilda where you can write it off as an aberration?

Thanks Grand Uncle Horace, I got here eventually! :grinv1: :embarrassedv1: :roflv1:
Kirkswan for the last four days:

Confused Canadian GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been kissed on the dick so far with injuries, is there a point we start managing some key players this second half of the season?

Along with Mills coming in soon I wouldn't mind if we started using Fox, Roberts and Campbell to replace a mix of Blakey, Jmac, Ollie, Lloyd, paps etc. maybe one of them rested per game just to bide time for injury prevention and managing load. Also Ladhams giving Brodie a break for a couple of odd games in the last stretch. And maybe Mills doing the same for Rowy, Heeney and Gulden. We've set ourselves up for it so why not take the opportunity to go into finals fit af

We dont rest players it is what it is

Borlase will play forward, especially with Nick Murray in. Still leaves them quote short down forward with Fogarty their only other option 190cm plus. Hopefully McCartin and Blakey will have a field day intercepting the majority of their inside 50s.

Missed our captain, Mccartin , Adams etc at a few times I guess maybe limited resting.

Will be interesting to seeZ

Wouldn't mind the Ladhams idea though not just for Grundys break but to also get him ready in case .

We are going to lose another game at some point I would think. Would you rather lose to a fellow contender or lose to an Adelaide or St Kilda where you can write it off as an aberration?
Listen, we are never losing another game ever.

Ever.

But I do fully reserve the right to throw all of the toys out of the cot and go feral when it happens.

Also **** the crows.

Also I will take that Dawson fella for a future 4th after we Jordon his arse this week. Jordon is how you spell great player names. Not Jordan scrub. Learn to English mother****er.

Also **** the crows.

Ladhams is a fair way ahead of the Big Mac at the moment. Seems like he's taken a step or two back this year compared to 2023.

Ladhams hasn’t improved. Big Mac had a finger/hand injury that hindered ruck and marking in the off and early season and copped a concussion. Has seemingly improved and is playing better.

Ladhams just does not play within a recognised system. Unfortunately he is useless as a ruck forward.

For those heading to the game who haven't read the blurb:

Join us ahead of the game at the Cathedral Hotel to connect with fellow supporters and hear from past players and club leaders. Learn more, here. If you're watching from Sydney head to one of our Swans Friendly Venues and watch Round 14 on the big screen.

What's The Alex like these days to watch a game?

Ladhams hasn’t improved. Big Mac had a finger/hand injury that hindered ruck and marking in the off and early season and copped a concussion. Has seemingly improved and is playing better.

Ladhams just does not play within a recognised system. Unfortunately he is useless as a ruck forward.

Each to their own and I respect that he has had a couple of injury complaints in 2024.

14 hitouts on the weekend against two 19 year old ruckmen suggests he has a fair way to go before even sniffing the emergency list.

For all that he cops on here and from other Swans fans, Ladhams has been in decent form this year and shown he can play in different roles. If Grundy did go down with injury, I wouldn't be concerned or worried if Ladhams had to come in and play the number one ruck role. Was largely impressed with what he showed early last year before injury hit.

Why are we going to lose another game at some point? Is it just because?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back