Preview 2024 Round 14 Adelaide v Sydney - Adelaide Oval

Would you participate in a poll if we added one?

• No

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • yes

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to their own and I respect that he has had a couple of injury complaints in 2024.

14 hitouts on the weekend against two 19 year old ruckmen suggests he has a fair way to go before even sniffing the emergency list.

For all that he cops on here and from other Swans fans, Ladhams has been in decent form this year and shown he can play in different roles. If Grundy did go down with injury, I wouldn't be concerned or worried if Ladhams had to come in and play the number one ruck role. Was largely impressed with what he showed early last year before injury hit.
If Ladhams brought the ball to ground instead of trying to take it himself he would be OK. Last game a lot of his possessions were more value to Geelong VFL than us. Mac is a much better tap but doesn't do as well against the bigger bodies plus he's not as good around the ground.

Each to their own and I respect that he has had a couple of injury complaints in 2024.

14 hitouts on the weekend against two 19 year old ruckmen suggests he has a fair way to go before even sniffing the emergency list.

For all that he cops on here and from other Swans fans, Ladhams has been in decent form this year and shown he can play in different roles. If Grundy did go down with injury, I wouldn't be concerned or worried if Ladhams had to come in and play the number one ruck role. Was largely impressed with what he showed early last year before injury hit.

Really different views.

Yes - just because. I back our guys to win every week but statistically it in improbable that we win all remaining games. I reckon our biggest danger will be one of those games where we kick 6-18.
Not losing another game is unlikely of course however the opposition this year appears a full level below and neutrals are saying this, so if ever it gets replicated, 22-1, this year is a distinct possibility.

Not losing another game is unlikely of course however the opposition this year appears a full level below and neutrals are saying this, so if ever it gets replicated, 22-1, this year is a distinct possibility.

This is now going away from my original point. IF we lose another game, would you rather lose to Adelaide/St Kilda or GWS/Collingwood. Easier to write off a loss as an aberration to a lowly team but more understandable against a contender.

This is now going away from my original point. IF we lose another game, would you rather lose to Adelaide/St Kilda or GWS/Collingwood. Easier to write off a loss as an aberration to a lowly team but more understandable against a contender.
I can’t compute this question.

Sometimes losses to those contenders is exactly what is needed to give that steely determination to win the flag. The one I always think of was when the Hawks beat us in 2012 late in the season at the SCG. It was an absolutely cracking game - as good as the grand final, and we just fell on the wrong side of the ledger. I remember saying to my mate on the way out of the ground - we can win the flag this year. That loss actually crystallised my thoughts that we were close enough and good enough, as it ultimately proved to be.

it is the nature of the loss rather than who it is against that is the more important factor for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect the commentary of this game will revolve around Heeney, Warner & Gulden again, in which case...

GIF by ESPN

It was actually funny for a while, in a "ha ha, let them under-estimate the rest of our team" kind of way. And it was kinda cool to see a few of our guys getting the sort of worship usually only reserved for big Vic favourites. Now it's just ****ing annoying and frustrating and actually disrespectful that they go on about what a dominant, historic team we currently are yet make out like it's only because of three guys. I know this makes me sound like a whinger and a negative nelly but IMO the rest of our boys deserve a lot better and the funny part is, I think the three guys in question would all agree.

Matchups?
JJ to Dawson, and Harry to Rankine?

Rankine is a midfielder nowadays

Harry goes to Rachele more than likely maybe Keays but I’d go Rachele first he’s the forward I’d want shut down

We shouldnt be using JJ to tag a bottom side

The team should still be able to play without a hard tag in case during a finals series its not effective and we need to play system

We have bigger problems if we cant beat adelaide playing our game

JJ isn’t a pure tagger so to speak, defensive minded utility but he still got it 15 times and kicked 1.2 last week, weeks prior he has been anywhere between 15-22 and hitting the scoreboard.

I suspect the commentary of this game will revolve around Heeney, Warner & Gulden again, in which case...

GIF by ESPN

It was actually funny for a while, in a "ha ha, let them under-estimate the rest of our team" kind of way. And it was kinda cool to see a few of our guys getting the sort of worship usually only reserved for big Vic favourites. Now it's just ****ing annoying and frustrating and actually disrespectful that they go on about what a dominant, historic team we currently are yet make out like it's only because of three guys. I know this makes me sound like a whinger and a negative nelly but IMO the rest of our boys deserve a lot better and the funny part is, I think the three guys in question would all agree.

When they talked about the mid 2000s WCE they were right to focus their discussion about Cox, Judd, Cousins and Kerr. That didn’t mean people didn’t think Darren Glass, Andrew Embley or Adam Hunter weren’t quality players or were disrespecting them.

It’s a testament to how good Heeney, Warner, Gulden (and now Grundy who is also getting a lot of love) have been.

I also think that the other big contributors in our team do actually get a fair bit of positive mention in the media - Blakey, Florent, Rampe, Hayward, Papley and Rowbottom are all players who I’ve seen get very positive media coverage whether it be print, radio or TV.

The ridiculousness of the 1 being to one of the worst teams in the comp is crazy. At least when the Cats lost in 08 it was to the Pies.

When they talked about the mid 2000s WCE they were right to focus their discussion about Cox, Judd, Cousins and Kerr. That didn’t mean people didn’t think Darren Glass, Andrew Embley or Adam Hunter weren’t quality players or were disrespecting them.

It’s a testament to how good Heeney, Warner, Gulden (and now Grundy who is also getting a lot of love) have been.

I also think that the other big contributors in our team do actually get a fair bit of positive mention in the media - Blakey, Florent, Rampe, Hayward, Papley and Rowbottom are all players who I’ve seen get very positive media coverage whether it be print, radio or TV.
Bloody Hunter!

Thanks for the PTSD.

GIF by ESPN

Weird reason, but welcome to my mute world.

Every now and then I catch myself yapping away almost commentating. It really is no good.

I believe there is mention of the 3 but heaps of lines about Adams, Grundy, Lloyd, JMac, paps and Wicks plus the talls and our mad defenders.

The game starts with my voice a croaking bull frog and ends a deadly quiet whispering air lock in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back