Preview 2024 Round 14 Adelaide v Sydney - Adelaide Oval

Would you participate in a poll if we added one?

• No

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • yes

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with kickthething.

We are never going to lose another game ever again.
I wish you would lock the Lid Thread and chuck the key.

We now need to stem the flood of Hector Bathwater. We have completely lost the run of our selves.

I do not want the Club to cop a massive comeuppance.

I think the only way they'd be right to focus their discussion on three players is if those three players were the only reason we were the best.

Those three have been pivotal to one facet of our game, which is our scoring, which we're best in the league at. They're among the three leading "mids" in the comp for goals this year and all in the top six for score involvements.

They haven't been pivotal to the back-line, which is conceding the fewest points against, which is the best in the league. That would be Melican, Rampe, McCartin, Blakey, Cunningham & Florent's doing.

They haven't been that pivotal in our pressure and turnover game (not saying they're slouches in this regard, just not the key players), which is the best in the league. That would be Rowbottom, Wicks, McInerney, Hayward & Jordon's doing.

And Heeney aside, they haven't even been that pivotal in our increased first usage from stoppages and centre bounces, which has mainly been Grundy & Rowbottom's doing (as well as Heeney's.)

I think if you took away any one of those facets from our game, not just the high-scoring mids, then we wouldn't be the team we currently are. It makes everyone in our team equally as deserving of praise IMO and it shits me that that is considered such a crazy concept by the media.

Understandably they only have x amount of time to discuss the Swans on their various programs and radio shows and promo clips, etc. each week. But maybe if they didn't talk about the same three Swans every single time on all those platforms then they'd find a way to cover everyone equally, as they deserve to be.

Apologies for the rant. This is a real pet peeve of mine.
I get it, I feel similarly but it's how both journos and the AFL work. Create stars to generate interest and clicks. Concentrate on them with the time you have. Even the quality independent journos like MP and RoCo and the bloggers fall for it to some extent. A few like Buckley also note it.
I'm so glad that the club has started to show the acts that underpin our performance and Horse has always talked team over individual.
I think it's actually getting better though there's a long way to go.

I wish you would lock the Lid Thread and chuck the key.

We now need to stem the flood of Hector Bathwater. We have completely lost the run of our selves.

I do not want the Club to cop a massive comeuppance.

I didn't realize that I was this powerful.

He-Man Lol GIF by Masters Of The Universe

Played Essendon Saturday night at the SCG early in the season, but that’s it
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Just felt like we've had a lot of Thursday and Friday night games with ****ing BT and Brayshaw.

Not that Saturday nights are any better with Darcy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope BT isn't commentating our game tomorrow because he is actually pathetic in the commentary box

This is the opposite, having blakey at FF nowhere near our defence.
I reckon that’s less effective, Blakey doesn’t need to follow him….and then the oppo lose a scoring target and secondly,

I don't think the football world is ready for the smugness that would be the 2025 Swans board of we went undefeated for a full season
Be up there with the Richmond board on any given Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back