Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong "Catsablanca"

Remove this Banner Ad

Calling it now Crows will win Geelong in the GF.

The small ground allowed geelong to defend much easier. Won't happen on the open spaces of the MCG.
I don't see how anyone can make a prediction like this after losing to this team for the second time. Convincingly.

That ground is considerably "different" in its dimensions from AO 167 x 124
Skilled 170 x 115

Think it could be time to give Mcgovern a spell in the 2's. Not sure who could come in through
Not sure about the sanfl as may just need a week off.

Seed in & hendo to hff.

We play Essendon, Brisbane, Fremantle, Port and WC

Geelong play Essendon, Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne and Bulldogs.

I'd say comparatively given the fact that the Bulldogs season is now just about cooked because of injuries that Geelong has a far easier draw.

We won't make up % on Geelong

I don't think they will be able to implement the same defensive tactics on the MCG. It will be different on the much wider MCG.

Joel Selwood high tackles needs to be recognised. The way he draws frees is disgraceful! Lesser players always get named and shamed for trying to draw frees. Most people including myself hates the way Lindsey Thomas always flops but at the end of the day it is not really that different to what Selwood is doing. The only difference is Selwood drawing frees is consider a skill and everyone else is considering flopping

I'd say comparatively given the fact that the Bulldogs season is now just about cooked because of injuries that Geelong has a far easier draw.

How do you possibly know that?

They could drop one of those games for all we know.

Given how Geelong play against bottom 8 sides, I expect them to go 2-2 against Essendon, Brisbane, Richmond and Melbourne.

I think the greatest (worst) outcome from this is that Geelong have taught everyone how to stop us............our defence isn't good enough to compete when the attack fails to put in scoreboard pressure

They didn't play any differently than earlier in the year so they've already shown how to beat us. Some teams have tried it since and can't do it as well. Geelong are just great at it. They're not doing anything special either. Getting 3 defenders spare and high pressure at the ball carrier is a pretty basic way of stopping us. We just didn't learn from last time and have to be smarter about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone was saying this after our last game against Geelong in round 8. We then go and regain confidence and smash and down and out GC and then win the 7 after that too... we'll be fine. The sky aint falling. We'll do what we need to do, get some confidence and finish top 4 and maybe even top 2

I appreciate this sort of positivity, I really do, but that (great) winning streak ultimately lead to losing to freaking Geelong again. Confidence has taken another hit, to be fair.

Geelong have built both games up against us hugely they have been very average besides the games against us this year

Doesnt mean we had to be so lazy. Just keeps to the pattern of being lazy when teams get on top. Its actually amazing to me the coaching group didn't fire up the boys for a finals like effort. That effort would see us lose against some bottom 8 sides.

Could be worse though. Could be the dogs.

Crouch on his stats will be declared one of our best .....if i'm an opposition coach i'm happy to have the ball in Matts hands all day ......hurt factor ZERO

It's amazing how shit an inside mid can look, when the outside game is non existent, and no one is giving him an option outside of the contest.

Everyone was saying this after our last game against Geelong in round 8. We then go and regain confidence and smash and down and out GC and then win the 7 after that too... we'll be fine. The sky aint falling. We'll do what we need to do, get some confidence and finish top 4 and maybe even top 2
Exactly

Just imagine we won tonight and the next four on the trot.....people would be hoping for a loss to re-set the team and sharpen the mind come finals.

Ladies and gents, we just got re-set

Doesnt mean we had to be so lazy. Just keeps to the pattern of being lazy when teams get on top. Its actually amazing to me the coaching group didn't fire up the boys for a finals like effort. That effort would see us lose against some bottom 8 sides.

Could be worse though. Could be the dogs.
I agree no excuse for our attitude got the feeling thow that if we built the game up like Geelong we would have done better that is definitely something pyke need to work on

I think the greatest (worst) outcome from this is that Geelong have taught everyone how to stop us............our defence isn't good enough to compete when the attack fails to put in scoreboard pressure
Collingwood did it last week too they just weren't good enough to get the win.

We need a plan B asap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong "Catsablanca"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back