Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong "Catsablanca"

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with Geelong's good players always performing against us and it's the complete opposite for our best players? Bartel comes in and gets 34 disposals, like seriously? Danger 36, Duckwood 34, Enright 31, Motlop 24, Guthrie 25, hell even Blicavs was good and he's been in shit form of late. Hawkins dominates just tops it off.

Tonight was different than that game I reckon

They outplayed us from the get go in Round 8

We were really only belted in the 3rd quarter - this just smells different - still stinky but different
Marginally different. We were better in the first half at restricting their scoring but couldn't keep it up. They restricted us for the entire game with exactly the same method as at AO, and we had no answer. Again. Not so different, and at two different venues. You convinced the MCG would effect a significant change?

What is it with Geelong's good players always performing against us and it's the complete opposite for our best players? Bartel comes in and gets 34 disposals, like seriously? Danger 36, Duckwood 34, Enright 31, Motlop 24, Guthrie 25, hell even Blicavs was good and he's been in shit form of late. Hawkins dominates just tops it off.

we are scared of them... plain and simply bullied into submission...

Elite midfields beat us. Our midfield needs to improve, and they will, but we also need to add to it.

Marginally different. We were better in the first half at restricting their scoring but couldn't keep it up. They restricted us for the entire game with exactly the same method as at AO, and we had no answer. Again. Not so different, and at two different venues. You convinced the MCG would effect a significant change?
Yes

We played the MCG really well - and in the West Coast game we had players running into plenty of space also

Geelong are very good at reading when to leave their direct opponent and run back to fill that space

In the round 8 game we were not ready for that
This time - because Skilled is long and skinny there wasn't the space to begin with

I think the shape of that " oval" is one reason they have such a good record there

Could be wrong though and maybe Cats are just a 4-5 goal better side

Do know if I was a Cats supporter I wouldn't be overly convinced after tonight

that was a steaming pile of shit effort that and they deserve to be berated for it...
you think our only premiership coach wouldn't call it a spade effort?
we were schooled yet again by the cats... and to accept it in any form is a little to bit too pc for me.
the cats are laughing hard at us...

Nothing to do with being PC mate. Read my post again. It's about reepecting your own team. Not bagging them and calling them flogs when they lose. Regardless of how disappointed you are anout the loss. As we all are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean his errors wouldn't have been noticed in amongst all the other errors everyone else made. He would not have made a squirt of difference.
Then why are you predicting him as an in ......you keep contradicting yourself ;)

Yes

We played the MCG really well - and in the West Coast game we had players running into plenty of space also

Geelong are very good at reading when to leave their direct opponent and run back to fill that space

In the round 8 game we were not ready for that
This time - because Skilled is long and skinny there wasn't the space to begin with

I think the shape of that " oval" is one reason they have such a good record there

Could be wrong though and maybe Cats are just a 4-5 goal better side

Do know if I was a Cats supporter I wouldn't be overly convinced after tonight
Sydney won at Geelong becuase they have a super tough midfield .....don't have a good midfield and you can't win at Geelong ........ours are younger than both Sydney's and Geelongs, and they just played dumb fumbling footy tonight .........didn't help having one man short in the midfield either (Thommo) who never had great pace, but he "used to have" a reasonably first 5 mtrs

Nothing to do with being PC mate. Read my post again. It's about reepecting your own team. Not bagging them when they lose. Regardless of how disappointed you are anout the loss. As we all are.

respect is earnt in my book... my team was pathetic tonight! plain and simple... just put me on ignore...

respect is earnt in my book... my team was pathetic tonight! plain and simple... just put me on ignore...

Nah I'm a bit thicker skinned than that mate. You do need to learn that there is a massive difference between being very bloody disappointed / angry, and calling your own players flogs though IMO. Did you respect them with 8 wins on the trot? But not after one loss? Right.

Sydney won at Geelong becuase they have a super tough midfield .....don't have a good midfield and you can't win at Geelong ........ours are younger than both Sydney's and Geelongs, and they just played dumb fumbling footy tonight .........didn't help having one man short in the midfield either (Thommo) who never had great pace, but he "used to have" a reasonably first 5 mtrs
In the last 1/4 I think we had 8 I50's to 0 at one stage - we faffed about for 10 minutes then Cats shoot down and get a goal with their first Inside 50 for the 1/4

It wasn't just the midfield tonight

Well gee, I dunno

Maybe that blaming the loss on playing at their home ground isn't the most solid ground

Did I blame the loss on the ground? Or is that just your interpretation? Do you just enjoy being contrary?

Playing Geelong in Geelong is much harder than playing them at Etihad or the MCG.

Of course I'm not saying we lost because we played there, but it made it a heck of a lot harder. Geelong are a 3-4 goal better side at home than anywhere else.

Tonight we lost because we played into their gameplan, but despite that the game was even until half time. There are myriad factors that Geelong can take advantage of at that ground - anywhere else and we might have been in front at half time, and better able respond in the third when the game was decided.

Did I blame the loss on the ground? Or is that just your interpretation? Do you just enjoy being contrary?

Playing Geelong in Geelong is much harder than playing them at Etihad or the MCG.

Of course I'm not saying we lost because we played there, but it made it a heck of a lot harder. Geelong are a 3-4 goal better side at home than anywhere else.

Tonight we lost because we played into their gameplan, but despite that the game was even until half time. There are myriad factors that Geelong can take advantage of at that ground - anywhere else and we might have been in front at half time, and better able respond in the third when the game was decided.

Agree

Nah I'm a bit thicker skinned than that mate. You do need to learn that there is a massive difference between being very bloody disappointed / angry, and calling your own players flogs though IMO. Did you respect them with 8 wins on the trot? But not after one loss? Right.

respected enough to think they would offer something up tonight... shows we've built yet again another house of sticks...

Speed has nothing to do with not being flat footed, being right with him while they are just standing there and not metres behind etc.
Get right on him, make him have to change direction to lose you in the lead.
It slows him up and gives time for others to intercept as well.

His attitude to it was the problem, looked like he knew he would be beaten.

Sauce's job when he goes into the defensive 50 is to be the goal keeper, to get back and try and fist or mark the long bomb. It two of stanley's leads were caused by midfielders not dropping back into the hole.

Perspective peoples - perspective

Who would have thought 2 months ago one this game was ever in the win column ?
And then ask yourself why it wasn't

It's a shit ground - it's cold and it's a home town full Lindy feral fiesta down there

Get in and
Get out I say and hope you only have to do it every couple of years

Elite midfields beat us. Our midfield needs to improve, and they will, but we also need to add to it.

Tonight just highlights how much we miss Danger.

Could've used his explosiveness and line breaking tonight.

Crouch will get there - but he's not yet.

Smith used to be one of the best in the league - he's not anymore.

Who are are linebreaking/gamebreakers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong "Catsablanca"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back