Adelaide's Best Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Rucci keeps saying Craig ahs said that Goodwin is the club's best ever captain.

For mine, he is the worst. I can gurantee that McDermott McGuiness Bickley nad Ricciuto would be showing a lot more leadership that he is at the moment.

I think that if Craig honestly believes it to be the case it is symptomatic of the delusion down at West Lkes at the moment.

Not saying Goodiwn hasn't been a great player, he has. But by no means is he close to being our best ever captain.

Goodwin could have possibly been the best captain ever if Roo had never played for us. Then Goody could have been captain when he could have led by example. Now hes nowhere near good enough.

Bickley
McDermott
Roo - Would have been first but lets not forget his brain fade in the last minor round game of 2005 probably cost us a GF appearance.

Daylight

Mcguiness
Goodwin

Reality is that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Regardless Goodwin is a good captain on the field, don't anyone tell me he's playing poor.

He has been an elite midfielder for a long time now, and none of you clowns know anything about him as a leader so how can you judge?

Reality is that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Regardless Goodwin is a good captain on the field, don't anyone tell me he's playing poor.

He has been an elite midfielder for a long time now, and none of you clowns know anything about him as a leader so how can you judge?
Are you related to Goodwin by any chance? Tonight goes down as the worst performance I have seen from a captain in a long time.

Nobody is disputing he's been an elite player for an incredible long time, the guy is a superstar and one of our absolute champions.

But how is he a good Captain on the field? Roo was a sensational Captain on the field - pride, aggression, passion; could seize the big moments and single-handedly turn the game for us, he led, others followed.

I love Goodwin, but I don't think he's that type of Captain. I'd rather he stood down and concentrated on playing the best he can for the rest of this season, and possibly the next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin is the worst captain the club has had.

Now that we are 1-7 and are now playing off against Richmond for the wooden spoon, he shoud step down from the captaincy monday morning.

The scary thing is who will be our next captain????

VB may be a good leader but is an average footballer.

Ah, give it to Danger. For a bloody VIC he wear's his crow colours on his heart.

McGuinness the worst - by a mile.

Bickley was as tough and courageous as they come. he always gave his all despite not being the most naturally talented footballer, which inspired everyone around him. The perfect captain. Van Berlo is probably the closest to this model in the current list.

Maybe Goodwin was simply the best option at the time - who else was there? - but he's never seemed like a leader to me.

Skipper Bickley probably the best followed closely by Roo.

Goody easily the least inspiring onfield captain. Also the least challenging and **** do some of the boys need someone to get in their faces right now and demand a better performance.

Bickley from Roo.

The other 3 can fight it out between themselves, not even close to the aforementioned two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide's Best Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back