Health ADHD Discussions & Supporting Group Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Task after task after task, and then you go to bed and hear the click of the oven that you were preheating for dinner.
Yep! I am forever forgetting to eat bc my mind is elsewhere. I fed my child these U beaut amazing meals but after work and all that effort, I can’t be arsed sitting down eating plus I don’t. I stand to eat! Every meal. Hence why I don’t go out with people to restaurants lol

I am like a child that can never sit still. There maybe a convo going on at the table but I’m sitting with 3 people down… well in my head I am as I sit watching everybody else bar what’s going on in front on me.

And look… see how quickly I went off tangent!

finally got diagnosed ADHA, and high functioning autism, a few months ago. The Physc said he knew within 5 minutes.

I did a bit of my own research and knew i ticked all the boxes, but just did the male thing of putting it off.

on the happy pills vyvance (30mg) and slowly getting used to my brain not functioning at either top gear or in reverse. probably not good news for Chief as i now spend less time on BF when i should be working.
I curse modern medicine!

Soooo I don’t have ADHD but my 18 yr old daughter was diagnosed last year and my wife was diagnosed this year. The medication has been a game changer for both of them in terms of allowing them to function like a “normal” person but they only take it on days when they need their brain to tow the line so to speak. It’s been an interesting journey getting the diagnosis and learning about ADHD. My wife now embraces it rather than hiding all her symptoms which she had done for 40 odd years. My wife has recently done a podcast episode as part of a mental health group she is part of with my daughter about being diagnosed with adhd , it’s still being edited but if anyone wants to listen to it when it’s ready let me know and I’ll link you up.

Soooo I don’t have ADHD but my 18 yr old daughter was diagnosed last year and my wife was diagnosed this year. The medication has been a game changer for both of them in terms of allowing them to function like a “normal” person but they only take it on days when they need their brain to tow the line so to speak. It’s been an interesting journey getting the diagnosis and learning about ADHD. My wife now embraces it rather than hiding all her symptoms which she had done for 40 odd years. My wife has recently done a podcast episode as part of a mental health group she is part of with my daughter about being diagnosed with adhd , it’s still being edited but if anyone wants to listen to it when it’s ready let me know and I’ll link you up.
Would love it please! In the process of being diagnosed myself ❤️

Yeah I read your post about the tasks and that is exactly like my wife haha.
I always thought I was a multi-tasking machine until I realised how exhausting it was! And the older I get… I’m finding the struggle is far more apparent and I’m helpless to it which is even more frustrating bc I can’t fix the speed my brain works… or how over stimulated it gets.

I’ve even started setting timers and shit to keep me focused and on track and I am constantly talking to myself - focus focus focus!! lol

I always thought I was a multi-tasking machine until I realised how exhausting it was! And the older I get… I’m finding the struggle is far more apparent and I’m helpless to it which is even more frustrating bc I can’t fix the speed my brain works… or how over stimulated it gets.

I’ve even started setting timers and shit to keep me focused and on track and I am constantly talking to myself - focus focus focus!! lol
There’s a lot of things that my wife does that has always frustrated me but she nice the diagnosis I now understand that those things were a symptom of her adhd. The blessing being I no longer get frustrated as I now have the understanding.

There’s a lot of things that my wife does that has always frustrated me but she nice the diagnosis I now understand that those things were a symptom of her adhd. The blessing being I no longer get frustrated as I now have the understanding.
I would love the link too please
Mainly to try and understand the people in my life who have ADHD a little better

Remove this Banner Ad

Health ADHD Discussions & Supporting Group Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back