Advertising for NRL at an AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it matter...I go regularly to both the union and the aussie rules and I wouldn't be offended if someone advertised the soccer at both...more choice the merrier and the choice is mine.

Storm are also advertising 4 game memberships on the EFC website.

I have no issues with it really. A lot of the different codes have partnerships with each other.
The issue I have with it is that there is no way it would ever be reciprocated by the NRL. The closest they came to doing something similar was in the 90's when they stalked people queueing outside a Swans game and offered them free NRL tickets NOT to watch AFL. In 2011 their tactic is to schedule their matches at the same time as AFL games in Sydney.
Cooperation is a two way street.

The issue I have with it is that there is no way it would ever be reciprocated by the NRL. The closest they came to doing something similar was in the 90's when they stalked people queueing outside a Swans game and offered them free NRL tickets NOT to watch AFL. In 2011 their tactic is to schedule their matches at the same time as AFL games in Sydney.

I have never heard that before. If that is true then i have to say that the NRL is a truly pathetic organisation. Sometimes it is almost like the NRL have the sporting equivalent of penis envy.

I don't mind rugby, but the sport seems to be a douche-bag magnet.

I'll never understand why they hang around clubs like packs of fairies instead of seeing the game live.

Short memory. :rolleyes: AFL GF replay and Heart game?

Not that the FFA would return the favour.

I think they kinda owed Heart that, given they ruined their big game. But when it came to Victory trying to buy ad space for a regular game, the AFL said nooooooooooooo.

How about the FFA helps the AFL with the Central Coast? Bit of a black hole for the game. Do you think they would?

How would that work, exactly? "Come see the Sydney Swans! They're two hours away and don't care about you!"

I think they kinda owed Heart that, given they ruined their big game. But when it came to Victory trying to buy ad space for a regular game, the AFL said nooooooooooooo.

How would that work, exactly? "Come see the Sydney Swans! They're two hours away and don't care about you!"
Yes, everybody owes soccer a helping hand. Our Sports Minister and American "protected source" Mark Arbib has just announced another government funded "review" of soccer to help "grow the sport" in Australia. Heaven forbid he would consider growing our own code.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2011 their tactic is to schedule their matches at the same time as AFL games in Sydney.

Call me silly, but I actually think this hurts league in the long run. This is based on my view that the AFL has an excellent product to offer and the virtually unlimited warchest the AFL is about to be given by the new TV rights deal ensures that the GCS and GWSG will succeed.

League would be better off working constructively with the AFL but I can't see this happening. I said earlier that League and AFL are not enemies. I should correct myself because I know that a lot of people think they are enemies, but I don't see this as the case. I think there is plenty of room all four football codes in Australia.

Didnt owe them anything, the Heart play at different stadium.:rolleyes:

Nice deflection, you didnt answer the question.

The Central Coast & Newcastle are part of the Swans catchment, would the FFA help the AFL out with a dual promotion?

League would be better off working constructively with the AFL but I can't see this happening.

It definately would ,but it'll never happen .

League and AFL are not enemies.

They are in competition with each other in the wider perspective .

I think there is plenty of room all four football codes in Australia.

Basically the different types of football appeal to different people but that is overlaid with what people are first introduced to .

Nice deflection, you didnt answer the question.

The Central Coast & Newcastle are part of the Swans catchment, would the FFA help the AFL out with a dual promotion?

Sure, why not? You'll be the idiots who are wasting their money for no reason.

For all the good it'll do, you might as well go promote AFL in South Af... oh. Sorry.

Sure, why not? You'll be the idiots who are wasting their money for no reason.

For all the good it'll do, you might as well go promote AFL in South Af... oh. Sorry.

Hey troll, If you are refering to when the Victory tried to advertise their game in the footy record, but got knocked back due to the print being finalised, than you are clutching at straws. Why don't you go help the FFA with their claim against the Age who alleged that the FFA were bribing FIFA officials WRT the W.... oh sorry:eek:

So you're saying there should be no NRL games played in Sydney when the Swans are playing? I don't understand what you're getting at, why don't the Swans play on saturday afternoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Advertising for NRL at an AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back