Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of cash left... Going to get in Bartel and Harvey over the next few weeks. Going in without bench cover down back, YOLO.

out of curiosity, what are you ranked? from an earlier thread you were close to me.......I am 637. great on field team, struggeling with downgradable rooks thoug

Plan is for Griffiths to be Bartel next round. Otherwise happy with the team, glad I held Chappy and Griff looks to be hitting old form since bringing him in on the cheap a few weeks back. Really wish I didn't trade in McGovern after he played his first game whenever that was, only real disappointment in the team from my point of view.

AF.png

out of curiosity, what are you ranked? from an earlier thread you were close to me.......I am 637. great on field team, struggeling with downgradable rooks thoug

I got r*ped in the byes, man... Had 18 each round but some very bad luck. Went from top 100 out to 1200 odd. Just want to claw back to something respectable now.

I would be wary of getting rid of cutler, he is best 22 and bews, well we have to wait to see. plus not much cash there. You need a rookie guaranteed of a game in each position or else it is a massive FAIL in my opinion.....Not sure what I would do though.

Probably downgrade macrae > rook & play hallahan (good job security, not bad for a couple of weeks as m8.....plus could actually go better then macrae). With the mids you have, still be high scoring and will give you heaps of cash to upgrade wright (plus after next game zorko/roo will be ripe for the picking)

.....and still have a 200k/300k the week after to downgrade/upgrade a walker/cutler/ambrose/hallahan.......I didnt put rohan in that list because he is just horrible

well thats it for my 2 cents
Macrae to rook this week? or next? I could go Macrae to Beams and Griffiths to Gunston or Dalhaus? Don't have the cash to get Dalhaus if I do Cunningham to Shenton.

I got r*ped in the byes, man... Had 18 each round but some very bad luck. Went from top 100 out to 1200 odd. Just want to claw back to something respectable now.

I can see that with the relatively weak bench and the premo's taking it easy over the byes........You have a team that can catch up pretty quick though.

same thing happened to me 213 before byes with some bad luck out to 2441 i hate byes

I planned for the bye rounds. I am one of the people you hate.....

Round 6: 12773
Now: 637

The early sacrifice was worth it with my current team value (well over 13 mill).....don't think I can catch up the point differential to the leaders though....i went a little to weird trades at the start to get me here. Maybe 1 or 2 more proven guns could have had me at a good ranking

The early sacrifice was worth it with my current team value (well over 13 mill).....don't think I can catch up the point differential to the leaders though....i went a little to weird trades at the start to get me here. Maybe 1 or 2 more proven guns could have had me at a good ranking
I was screwed by them last year and never recovered as everyone had similar teams. I reckon the biggest mistake people did this year was loading up on rnd 8 premos and not having enough cover for other weeks, just a general observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crazy thing is, I did plan. I've been playing for years and knew getting through the byes was critical. It was bad luck that got me- Zorko's 14, Johnson's suspension, the various subs, poor captain scores from Montagna (after back to back 150's).

The list goes on... I even had good spread of players, with more in round 10 so I could back trade. Just unlucky I guess.

B: Simpson, McVeigh, Bartel, Swallow, Suckling, Yeo (Laidler, Georgiou)

C: Ablett, Beams, Pendlebury, Watson, Macrae, Tyson, Polec, C.Beams (Shenton, Hartung)

R: Sandilands, McIntosh (Smith, King)

F: Parker, Chapman, Martin, Wingard, Zorko, Howlett (Impey, Cameron)

167o6me.png

Gone Tex > Shenton - Polec > Goddard. Question is should I get Jimmy in this week instead? Or keep polec and trade out Langdon? That would mean getting Kelly instead of Bartel. Or would you trade Billings > Shenton before Tex? so many options, thanks.

Developed a solid team, looking forward to bringing in Ibbotson next week as a bit of cheap defence cover. Went X. Ellis > SJ and Cotch > Rocky this week.
AF.png

Team.jpg

Harvey to forwards, Martin R3 then it's pretty much luxury upgrade time....

Harvey to forwards, Martin R3 then it's pretty much luxury upgrade time....

Not bad. I'd rather have better premo's and less cash sitting on the bench though to be honest. 3 bulldog midfield is also a bit shaky.

The way I see it, you gotta be chasing a team full of the highest averaging 6 D's 8 M's 2 R's and 6 F's of the season come seasons end.
The players you got that most likely won't be top 6 def/fwds or top 8 mids are:
Jaensch, (1 of Suckling/Kelly) Griffen, Macrae, Cotchin, Gunston, Walker. 50/50 on Roughy and Swan but you could keep these 2 easy.

Would be looking at brining in these types for the ones mentioned in coming weeks: Simpson, Hanley, Rockliff, Barlow, Ebert, Parker, Harvey

Not bad. I'd rather have better premo's and less cash sitting on the bench though to be honest. 3 bulldog midfield is also a bit shaky.

The way I see it, you gotta be chasing a team full of the highest averaging 6 D's 8 M's 2 R's and 6 F's of the season come seasons end.
The players you got that most likely won't be top 6 def/fwds or top 8 mids are:
Jaensch, (1 of Suckling/Kelly) Griffen, Macrae, Cotchin, Gunston, Walker. 50/50 on Roughy and Swan but you could keep these 2 easy.

Would be looking at brining in these types for the ones mentioned in coming weeks: Simpson, Hanley, Rockliff, Barlow, Ebert, Parker, Harvey

Totally agree,

Although Mcrea, Cotch and Griff look like they will all be good this week....only ranked 3k, so going for league win.

Have enough cash now to upgrade 2 players to some falling premos (SJ, Rocky etc) and still bring in Harvey and Parker over next two weeks, then will worry about Jaensch, Roughy and Gunston at some point.

Bench cover means I don't stress so much if a Beams is out, and also allows for a downgrade without worrying if someone is named as an out, but it is more important to downgrade that week rather than doing a forced trade....

Totally agree,

Although Mcrea, Cotch and Griff look like they will all be good this week....

LOL,

Should have known better than to open my mouth....

Rockliff – 19% ownership. Scores of 157 133 141 147 153 172

S Martin – 17% ownership. Over +$100k in 2 weeks and still going to have negative BE for the 3rd. Also DPP.

So law of averages says around 9% of teams have both these guys. I think most people need to have a serious look at what they’re doing. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back