AFL’s Richmond appoints Turnstile to value sponsorship rights

Remove this Banner Ad

eipuorg_

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
so we are getting 2.2 mil a season from Jeep which was renewed for 3 years at the start of 2017 before our flags. never knew it was worth that much. bummers apparently record breaking deal with amart which happened at the start of 2019 only gets em 2 mil.

Australian Football League champion Richmond Football Club has appointed the Turnstile agency to value its sponsorship portfolio.

Richmond is among the top three clubs in the Australian rules football league by revenue with an annual income of A$79.8m (€49.4m/$54.5m) in 2018, behind West Coast Eagles (A$82.3m) and Collingwood (A$82.1m).

Its sponsorship portfolio is led by a joint-major partner and front-of-shirt deal with carmaker Jeep that is understood to be worth A$2.2m per year.

Health Insurance brand NIB is the other joint-major partner and brands the back of the shirt.

Sports brand and kit supplier Puma, financial service company Hostplus and smartphone case company OtterBox (branding on shorts) are second-tier Premium Partners. Melbourne’s Swinburne University of Technology is the club’s stadium naming rights partner.

Simon Derrick, Richmond’s general manager of commercial operations, said that Turnstile’s enhanced sponsorship valuation metrics were an important part of unlocking the next phase of growth.

“We are looking for data and tools that can fully capture the value we create for our existing and prospective partners. The recent on-field performances of our AFL Men’s team have grown the size of our membership and fan bases and further strengthened our brand.

“Additionally, we are excited by the commercial opportunities that have presented by the launch of our AFLW Women’s team in 2020. There is a significant amount of excitement and interest from our consumer and corporate markets for women’s sport and we need to ensure that we have the best information and insights available to quantify and articulate this new and emerging value proposition.”

Rob Mills, chief executive and director of Turnstile, said that “Richmond has been a major innovator in the AFL industry” and that the AFL, in general, “is very well run – with an average yield per fan better than anywhere else in the world.”

Turnstile clients currently include two leading English Premier League teams, Formula 1, DDMC Fortis (agents for the Asian Football Confederation) and New Zealand-based professional rugby league club, the Vodafone Warriors.

should get shitloads of more sponsor dollars at the end of this year when Jeep and Nib contracts finish and then the end of 2021 when Adidas and Nike come knocking on our door. If Puma doesn't pay up that partnership could be over.

Would love to keep Jeep as they're the perfect colours but the nib green shits me. Need a black sponsor for the back so it blends into the colours better

Last edited:
  • Banned
Don't know why we've never approached the Commonwealth Bank for our back logo, it would blend in perfectly!
or de walt like the vfl had a few years back. also doesnt have to be yellow and black, just majority black logo to make it look better

so we are getting 2.2 mil a season from Jeep which was renewed for 3 years at the start of 2017 before our flags. never knew it was worth that much. bummers apparently record breaking deal with amart which happened at the start of 2019 only gets em 2 mil.

should get shitloads of more sponsor dollars at the end of this year when Jeep and Nib contracts finish and then the end of 2021 when Adidas and Nike come knocking on our door. If Puma doesn't pay up that partnership could be over.

Would love to keep Jeep as they're the perfect colours but the nib green shits me. Need a black sponsor for the back so it blends into the colours better
Yuck
Adidas will give us the stupid straight sash and Nike will give us a heat press sash on some black singlets

• Banned
Yuck
Adidas will give us the stupid straight sash and Nike will give us a heat press sash on some black singlets
we will tell adidas we want the curved sash and they'll listen. and when nike comes back they wont be heat pressing again

Whats your view on the old BLK jumper? Personally I thought the yellow was spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caltex Australia has lost it rights to the Caltex name after Chevron withdrew it's rights. So Caltex is set to become Ampol again, a name mothballed over 25 years ago. They will be throwing $161m at the conversion, and I know the old colours were not ours, but hey let the creative juices flow......................

Caltex Australia has lost it rights to the Caltex name after Chevron withdrew it's rights. So Caltex is set to become Ampol again, a name mothballed over 25 years ago. They will be throwing $161m at the conversion, and I know the old colours were not ours, but hey let the creative juices flow......................
caltex is shite petrol

bp or mobil / 7/11 for me

caltex is shite petrol

Just got a shitty batch from 7/11 it makes the engine light come on when its lower octane, I reckon sometimes you pay for 95 but get 91 or whatever it is. Now I have to put 98 in to get the light to go off

Just got a shitty batch from 7/11 it makes the engine light come on when its lower octane, I reckon sometimes you pay for 95 but get 91 or whatever it is. Now I have to put 98 in to get the light to go off
i put mobil 98 or bp ultimate

the lower ones at mobil / 7/11 are shithouse too

caltex is shite petrol

On that basis you must be very upset we are sponsored so well by Jeep then.................sheesh

reckon we are rich enough now to go with no jumper sponsor, would be glorious

Nah we are so rich we can sponsor the afl. Put the tiger logo on the ball and on the grass at all the grounds.

That would be ****ing glorious!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL’s Richmond appoints Turnstile to value sponsorship rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back