AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

With the retirement things they shouldnt be a problem at all unless someone wants to go into a music career at like 25 years of age, if they still retire at the same age then it makes absolutely no difference.

FH, i was talking to a mate today about AFL games and he came up with a great idea/stole another games good idea. What about having off the ball control/player lock sort of thing. You could play out the match as your teams CHF, for example, and every other players actions are simulated. I think this would be a great idea, although probably not gonna happen in AFL game with so many ppl on the field, unlike NBA.

And i also think you should be able to press a button and take over a player up the field when you have a mark or free kick, and you control where u lead and press a button when u want the guy with the ball to kick it to you. Well done on producing a decent game, i'm buying it, the problems said in here by others are easily fixable, don't accept crap trades etc,

sainters said:
I got it yesterday, enjoying it so far, i can ignore the minor problems (obviously some people here can't).

It's a step in the right direction, and probably the 2nd best AFL title ever...behind the NES Aussie Rules of course.

I think some people were yet again expecting something on par with FIFA and Madden Games. news flash, it's a small Aussie company developing the AFL series, not EA! if you can't enjoy 2006 thats your problem.

Since I have never owned a NES, I'm curious to know how good the AFL game was.

Is it worth buying a 2nd hand NES, or find a decent NES emulator to play it?

Get a NES emulator, Infact there was a page on here about NES emulators and there was a site where u can play the AFL game on your browser.

You wouldnt like it now though i dont think but for its time it was absolutely brilliant. Much better than any other afl game.

The old AFL game on NES was so much fun, very awsome gameplay at the time too, speccies were so much fun, and the goal kicking system was very good, similar to the latest version 2006.

RoosterLad said:
Get a NES emulator, Infact there was a page on here about NES emulators and there was a site where u can play the AFL game on your browser.

You wouldnt like it now though i dont think but for its time it was absolutely brilliant. Much better than any other afl game.

Yeah, the team lists would be great to check out though.

Oh Furious One said:
Oh man that was a huge slap in my face. So much praise for the improved game play, development points and design but that off season is pitiful, especially the retirement excuses. I went from total joy to utter disbelief.

Dude, you've got serious problems if you can't just 'pretend' they retired for other reasons.....

I wouldn't really care about the retirement reasons but it just shows an amateur development team in some ways. It's more the trading and drafting that is disapointing. Oh well at least the gameplay has improved, that's still the main thing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people say make afl games as realistic as possible, and then some of you get angry or annoyed at the people who are very annoyed at the reasons for retired players. Truely those reasons are garbage and pathetic I think. Why include any reason/s at all, if they are going to be so unrealistic

RoosterLad said:
Haha it didnt have much actually, gameplay was great.

I think they even had teams like Darwin and Hobart too.

Yep they had Perth and Canberra, the only thing it had was fun gameplay...in fact i still have the NES console and the game in working condition.

goDees22 said:
...i also think you should be able to press a button and take over a player up the field when you have a mark or free kick, and you control where u lead and press a button when u want the guy with the ball to kick it to you.
That would be absolutely awesome if implemented :thumbsu:. Always wanted to do that in an AFL game. I wonder if they'd be able to put that in the next version.

BTW just got AFL'06 today, it plays pretty nice :). Looking forward to playing career mode where I can develop those young players.

Easy and fair fix for trading is, base it on or close to the player ranking.
This would work a treat now that player ranking can be upgraded over the season.
Trading a 99 point player for a 55 point player would obviously not be accepted.
If that 99 point player slowly diminished and the rookie 55 point player developed into a star, perhaps 5 seasons later their player ranking would be close to even and a trade would be accepted.

I would love to see "offers" from all clubs when you select a player rather than going to each club and seeing what they have to offer you if anything.
Usually I just keep persisting til they offer me something I want.

Hope others like the above mentioned "trade fix" idea. If enough push for it, it will be implemented.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back