AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

can't dummy...and i love that move in real footy :(

how come i cant see the arrows of where to kick using the side on view? how do i just kick to players on leads etc.....I CANT SEE THEM

melbournemartin said:

how come i cant see the arrows of where to kick using the side on view? how do i just kick to players on leads etc.....I CANT SEE THEM

Use the camera angle- High pan: normal zoom. you can see evrything, you can switch play, kick to players on leads make good set plays, easier to defend etc...i was always used the side view in previous versions but now i love the high pan angle.

wce4premiership said:
3. Using high end pan camera view i can see the green arrows which i assume means these players have a substantial gap over opponents but i find it hard to determine where to kick it to best utilise them, any hints?

The more you play, the easier it is to hit leading targets. I had trouble at first, but now im quite good at hitting targets...

The more i play this game, the better it gets...

Last few matches have been different...

-lost to Melbourne in a flood fest by 1 point.
-Beat Sydney by 21 pts
-Lost to Adelaide by 4 pts (i think it was)
-Beat Hawthorn in a scrappy match by 14 pts

Play the 2nd place Collingwood next, im currently 4th...it's good each match feels different...

I tried the Sydney Mission - You're 2 points up at 3/4 time in the grand final, full 20 minute quarter to play on veteran difficulty (hard I assume)
I managed to kick 2.2 :D in the last while west coast added 31.4 :( Doubt I'll ever go near hard difficulty. 30 goal loss.
The game it's self looks fantastic in hard mode, the way the CPU use the ball. They're psycho. Try tackling them and you get pushed to the ground. It isn't fair. Everything they do seems 100% faster than easy mode.
I'm playing my season on NORMAL difficulty now.

sainters said:
The more i play this game, the better it gets...

Last few matches have been different...

-lost to Melbourne in a flood fest by 1 point.
-Beat Sydney by 21 pts
-Lost to Adelaide by 4 pts (i think it was)
-Beat Hawthorn in a scrappy match by 14 pts

Play the 2nd place Collingwood next, im currently 4th...it's good each match feels different...
What difficulty level are you on?

JADED said:
I tried the Sydney Mission - You're 2 points up at 3/4 time in the grand final, full 20 minute quarter to play on veteran difficulty (hard I assume)
I managed to kick 2.2 :D in the last while west coast added 31.4 :( Doubt I'll ever go near hard difficulty. 30 goal loss.
The game it's self looks fantastic in hard mode, the way the CPU use the ball. They're psycho. Try tackling them and you get pushed to the ground. It isn't fair. Everything they do seems 100% faster than easy mode.
I'm playing my season on NORMAL difficulty now.

Yeh when I went from normal to hard the first thing I noticed was the opposition's intensity stepped up so much. :eek: At first it seemed insane. After a couple of games though you get use to it.

It is crucial to apply pressure to the opposition in the centre bounce otherwise they bomb it long and score easy goals. :thumbsu:

Statistician said:
Yeh when I went from normal to hard the first thing I noticed was the opposition's intensity stepped up so much. :eek: At first it seemed insane. After a couple of games though you get use to it.

It is crucial to apply pressure to the opposition in the centre bounce otherwise they bomb it long and score easy goals. :thumbsu:
Are we playing the same game :eek:
First time I went up to Hard I still managed to win 44 to 112
I was playing on Normal but won about 3 games in a row by 90+ pts so i stepped up to hard and hardly noticed a difference
Whats more dissapointing is I didn't make 1 interchange in the match and I didn't make one tactical change during the match

All I do during the game is from the center bounce, tap it foward (directly) to my Rover (Judd) run foward to end of center square bomb it to my FF or Torp it through for a goal If im lucky
Judd gets about 25 possies per game and 3 goals
The opposition does nothing about this, like Tagging Judd so as soon as he gets it he gets tackled (although on Hard he often gets tackled before I can get away)

melbournemartin said:

All you really have to do though, is change direction - on occasion the cpu opponent will still follow the same path it was going to as though you were still going the same way.

I've managed to avoid opponents by zig-zagging away from them, be it if they're chasing me and if i suddenly decided to divert to the wing instead of running through the center, they'd still follow the center pathline (dodgy ai?). But the other time is when they sometimes chase you head on (one person runs towards you as you're running to the goal), i've gone from the left to the right, and they mistime the tackle. Its great..... until another opponent stops you down the line :(

I use the shrug button so much. What I've found is that say I shrug 2-3 opponents and then get tackled by the 4th....it aint holding the ball. It's like my prior oppertunity is reset after the last successful shrug and since the umpires are on linient i get away with it.

major problem is that X is mark AND tackle so quite often if i dont mark the ball ill tackle the opposition after they mark it...giving away a 50 metre penality. normally lose 1-3 goals this way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbournemartin said:
yeh sometimes i just button bash.

I find spoiling too hard...my guys are always so far behind the opposition forwards on the lead.

Switch to the player and sprint to the contest, i find you get to spoil alot more.

Remind, maybe sending a request, via e-mail, to Sony or the AFL may be more effective. No need to get childish....

I couldn't, personally, care less what you post, but, you wanted to know why we were against you whinging about what platform the game is on, and, I answered that.

If you had bothered reading through more of this thread, you would have seen this issue has been brought up quite a number of times with the same result - being, it has nothing to do with IR Gurus.

yes well since i use the side camera, quite often my player doesn't come into view until the opposition mark it :p

is marking and spoiling easier with end to end pan?

A bit of a review.

Gameplay is improved no doubt, not vastly improved and it can still get alot better but i have played two games, and i want to play again rather than snap the disc and set it on fire.

Graphics don't really look that great to be honest, i know it is a small company etc etc, but this it the ps2 and the ps3 is nearly out, the graphics don't really come up to scratch.

Commentary is actually improved, Cometti does a great job, the same can't be said for Derm.

The player development is a good inclusion but WAY to easy to make a team of superstars.

Trading and the offseason needs an overhaul, it was crap last year and is hardly an improvement this year.

I'm not going to return the game so it is a good sign, however lots of things can be improved and added, STATS is a major thing, people might say it's a little needed feature but come on, stats play a big part and any half decent sports game has every stat you can imagine and then some.

It's is a step in the right direction but it needs to improve big time for 07 to warrant a purchase, stats, graphics, the gameplay camera and even more player control, as in once it is kicked to a contest those players are still fully controllable not locked into the marking contest animation.

Power21 said:
A bit of a review.

Gameplay is improved no doubt, not vastly improved and it can still get alot better but i have played two games, and i want to play again rather than snap the disc and set it on fire.

Graphics don't really look that great to be honest, i know it is a small company etc etc, but this it the ps2 and the ps3 is nearly out, the graphics don't really come up to scratch.

Commentary is actually improved, Cometti does a great job, the same can't be said for Derm.

The player development is a good inclusion but WAY to easy to make a team of superstars.

Trading and the offseason needs an overhaul, it was crap last year and is hardly an improvement this year.

I'm not going to return the game so it is a good sign, however lots of things can be improved and added, STATS is a major thing, people might say it's a little needed feature but come on, stats play a big part and any half decent sports game has every stat you can imagine and then some.

It's is a step in the right direction but it needs to improve big time for 07 to warrant a purchase, stats, graphics, the gameplay camera and even more player control, as in once it is kicked to a contest those players are still fully controllable not locked into the marking contest animation.

Yer, pretty much spot on there mate. Although i havn't found it too easy to create a team of superstars using the development points...

Also for the people finding it hard to spoil use the high pan angle with normal zoom.

Yeah I agree with Power21, the development points are too easily gained I think. A player can be rated at around the 60 mark and half way through the season he can move up to the late 70's or even 80's.

On another note, the side view camera is no good at all I believe. Since everyone is unable to see who theyre kicking it too. I liked it in Afl 2004 how the camera would move in the same direction as your player when looking to pass it on and so on. In 2006 the camera does not do this in some parts. Eg: the kick-ins, there's hardly ever a free man to kick to also from the kick-ins.

Zizou said:
there's hardly ever a free man to kick to also from the kick-ins.

Not true at all!

Change your tactics on the fly (direction pad) whilst looking to kick in. As soon as you push a direction on the d-pad it will go straight to kick in tactics, then just randomly tap right/left on the d-pad to change the tactic and make your players run around. :thumbsu: (hard to explain but works every time!)

What about stats in Season? Does it keep track of possetions and things? I didn't like it in AFL 2005 where they didn't tell us the stats, how am I supposed to know who to drop if I don't know who touched the ball! :mad:

I wonder if EB would let me trade AFL 2003 and AFL 2005 for AFL 2006 :cool: In my dreams maybe.

CarnthePies said:
What about stats in Season? Does it keep track of possetions and things? I didn't like it in AFL 2005 where they didn't tell us the stats, how am I supposed to know who to drop if I don't know who touched the ball! :mad:

I wonder if EB would let me trade AFL 2003 and AFL 2005 for AFL 2006 :cool: In my dreams maybe.

Nope. But why not just look at the stats at the end of each game?????

Even write em down if ya want....:confused:

Its in for 07 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back