AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

JADED said:
^^^ easy, medium, hard?? ^^
It's fun how it all plays out..

I agree 100% with this post. Don't shaft us by leaving things out that were in previous games ever again :(

Medium, well ive played another 2 games after being 2 and 3 after 5 rounds, these games were against Essendon at the G and Sydney at the Telstra Dome.

Beat Essendon by about 6 goals and beat the Swans by about 8 goals, so im on a 4 game winning streak after losing the first 3 :) , 8th on the ladder atm and playing the Crows next who sit 6 with 5 wins and 2 losses.

Xtreme said:
I'm doing ok on Medium, my past few games i've started well generally booting 3-5 goals in the first quarter, but then basically doing stuff all else in the remaining quarters :(.

Maybe you need to interchange players as there stamina decreases

mini_me316 said:
This is mainly to FH.I was just wondering and I'm not sure if anyone else has asked but will the players be made to look more like there real life counterparts as in getting face images on the players, hair, body size etc to look real?

Fiery Hawk said:
We are limited in that capacity but are remodelling the players and working on their body shapes to improve their individual looks. We are trying to get more haircuts into the game and hopeful of more facial variety.

Couldn't you use the technology that you use for the eye toy to get the players faces???

mini_me316 said:
Maybe you need to interchange players as there stamina decreases

I do, i generally rotate R/RR/C and the halfback & full back lines. If i don't get the center bounce clearance, that is when i concede a goal 70-80% of the time, unless they miss and score a point, then i have a chance to get a goal on the rebound. That is something i have become quite good at, is on the kick in, i run the ball to the opposite end and score (if i am able to run past their 50m line, without being tackled - i'm able to run the full way of the ground and score an easy goal... but most of the time i do handball it so my players don't run out of pace in running). Of course it doesn't always happen with my dodgy kicking, sometimes missing the goals and scoring a point OR missing completely and booting it out on the full :D

I do use the END Pan view, and i'm still not used to it... never have liked it :( Even in the old games variations (well since AFL 98). I hate it when the camera rotates as the opposition gains posession, really annoying when i run the opposite way :p and miss an easy chance for a tackle.

My favorite thing to do as of late, is just punch the ball from the center, and have one of my on ballers (either Crawford, Akermanis or Mitchell) run on to it and boot a goal - from just outside (or inside) the 50. After one of my trademark fast starts (went goal for goal in the first quarter against Carlton). I fizzled out for most of the game, still would score one - four goals in the 2nd and 3rd quarters... against their 6-12. Long story short, i made a comeback in the final quarter by winning the ruck and sticking to my strategy of punching it long and running on to it and kicking easy goals. I could have lost by 72+ points, but i only lost by 12 (would have won it if they didn't kick 3 goals in the last term).

Ohh and i kicked my first "supergoal" 9 pointer in the NAB cup last night aswell. I found it pretty easy to do so in the previous games (well AFL Premiership Edition anyway), where i could just get the ball from the center and boot it from the center square and left it sail through for a goal. No such luck with being able to do it that way thus far, but i scored a 9 pointer by kicking it from just outside the center square, as the siren sounded..... nobody was defending the goals so it bounced through :). I know it was a cheap goal, but i'll take it as it extended my lead :thumbsu:

Maybe its just me but I found this game got boring pretty fast and ended up Simulating all of the games until the finals which I didn't make after my 8 - 0 start (when i was actually playing) :eek:
One thing I did love about the game was the experience points but perhaps they were too unrealistic because I just gave all mine to Shannon Hurn who ended up Better than Judd from 1 season mostly simmed games :D

Okay with the development points and such...how do you get a player to have a special ability?

I got Bate up to 100 with kick distance yet he still doesn't have a long kick special ability...

Locky said:
Maybe its just me but I found this game got boring pretty fast and ended up Simulating all of the games until the finals which I didn't make after my 8 - 0 start (when i was actually playing) :eek:

Could be why your getting bored with the game.........Go back to Normal or Easy Mode :thumbsu:

melbournemartin said:
Okay with the development points and such...how do you get a player to have a special ability?

I got Bate up to 100 with kick distance yet he still doesn't have a long kick special ability...

It's 100 in two or more catagories such as:100 stamina and 100 Durability is Engine.
I would guess that 100 kicking distance and maybe accuracy aswell would be long kick, but I am not all to sure

yeh okay well hodge has 100 in accuracy and distance for kicking and long kick is his special so ill try that out :)

also does jumping do anything except for rucking and speccies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbournemartin said:
I've always thought the JUMP stat makes a player better able to spoil in a marking contest... but now I've just realised I don't know this for a fact.

I always develop the young defenders with 75-85 JUMP stat... hope I didn't waste those points :).

melbournemartin said:
I've always thought the JUMP stat makes a player better able to spoil in a marking contest... but now I've just realised I don't know this for a fact.

I always develop the young defenders with 75-85 JUMP stat, as well as 80+ SPEED... hope I didn't waste those points :).

I have a question also:
What exactly does the BALANCE stat do to a player?

PLayers need to be 100 in 3 separate categries to get a special rating eg. 100 in speed, marking and balance gives them a "Speccie" special. Not sure exactly how they are all worked out, i think "long kick" is 100 in kicking distance, balance and agility but not too sure

Kicking out after a point is ****house.
Not one lead and all you can do is bang it back into play, most of the time straight to the other team.

Im The Gun said:
Not one lead and all you can do is bang it back into play, most of the time straight to the other team.

Change tactics while you're kicking out with the on the fly tactics, doesn't matter what to really, something generally opens up.

Im The Gun said:

change your tactics to attacking huddle. Then chip it straight up the ground. You should have about five players on their own

Gameplay gameplay gameplay! forget the graphics, a long as it's smooth, it's fine. it's a mistake i see with so many sports games. each year so much work is done to make the graphics even better, but the playability stays too similar. I long for a great afl game, and there's potential with this series, just don't get caught up with the graphics trend. :thumbsu:

goDees22 said:
PLayers need to be 100 in 3 separate categries to get a special rating eg. 100 in speed, marking and balance gives them a "Speccie" special. Not sure exactly how they are all worked out, i think "long kick" is 100 in kicking distance, balance and agility but not too sure

It's two catagories and long kick is Kicking distance and balance at 100.
Like Engine is 100 Stamina and 100 Durability.

carltonfan43 said:
change your tactics to attacking huddle. Then chip it straight up the ground. You should have about five players on their own
Yep, thats what I do. Pretty much just tap kick so it chips to the guy in the middle. But you have to beware, because sometimes the opposition will change their kickout tactics to cut-off that chip, and they'll have a man marking the guy in the middle.
Otherwise I go to him, then quickly kick it to my CHF in the middle of the ground, and try to get the quick counter-attack while the forward line is open.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back